Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ seems like an unlucky day for shichat sisters :D Ate : Halwa puri for breakfast  Halwa is a pudding made from semolina and is eaten with Puri (bread made from flour) Mom made the Halwa and it was th

For tea , cupcakes that my daughter baked <3

Hey guys, it's been quite some time since I've logged on to shiachat. But as always I come back once in a while to check up on everyone :P So in my absence I've taken plenty of food pics (being an ins

Posted Images

• Forum Administrators
19 hours ago, starlight said:

Seriously? So you believe wagyu is worth the money and hype? 

I dunno, if there is an extra special celebration, rather than go to a fancy restaurant there could be a case made for getting this instead. I am not wedded to the idea.

• Advanced Member

For iftar I had stuffed zucchini with mini pizza and orange juice, for suhoor I had the leftovers.

• Advanced Member

Today for iftar I had fried kofta with potato and rice, for suhoor I had steak with rice and veggies.

Can you guys recommend me some food because I’m really tired of eating the same food again and again. I know I should say alhamdulillah but my parents are out of idea and don’t know what to cook, these few days I don’t feel like eating at all.

• Moderators

We had lentils with rice and beef. It was pretty good. My son's friend was over and said my cooking is amazing. His mom cooks "fancy stuff". He appreciates that I cook "comfort food", or as I would call it "poor people food"..

Probably will have it again in the morning, with some fruits and coffee with milk. 

• Advanced Member

For iftar I had molokhia chicken with rice, for suhoor I had from restaurant beef shawarma with fries. No drinks except water :D

• Forum Administrators
22 hours ago, Diaz said:

Can you guys recommend me some food because I’m really tired of eating the same food again and again. I know I should say alhamdulillah but my parents are out of idea and don’t know what to cook, these few days I don’t feel like eating at all.

Thick soup (not watery).  I saw some middle eastern vegetarian soups, but you could add bits of cook meat to the recipes if your family insists on eating meat at every meal. 

https://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjmesoup.htm

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Yesterday my father made béchamel pasta, I had it for iftar and suhoor with tons of water.

Edited by Diaz
  • Moderators

Last night we had (store bought) bread with (also store bought) hummus and salad vegetables. "Cooking" was easy and quick and everyone was happy. 

• Advanced Member

Yesterday we had stuffed grape leaves, I had it for iftar and suhoor. Today for iftar I had fried kofta with rice and fries, for suhoor I had leftover stuffed grape leaves and little bit of fried egg.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I had air, I am eating air, and I am going to have more air. 

Sorry, I just can't remember what I had.

Edited by Ansar Shiat Ali
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Breakfast: rice with sage and pine nuts. It was a masterpiece, but my favorite photo upload site isn't working right now and the file is too big to upload directly. 

Photo description: leftover white basmati rice in a bowl, topped with crisply browned whole sage leaves and lightly toasted pine nuts, in melted butter/olive oil, with just a pinch of salt. 

I'm becoming quite a master of poor folk food. I just need to find a place to forage pine nuts. 

• Advanced Member

I had a veggie burger on an English muffin with some white cheddar mac n cheese for dinner.

After I say my prayers tonight, I'm going to eat a few of my mom's chocolate chip cookies.

• Advanced Member

Tonight I ate a green salad with Makoto ginger dressing and just some penne pasta with roasted garlic sauce and Parmesan cheese. Nothing too complex, we don't usually cook complicated dinners on weeknights.

I think tomorrow I am going to make Red beans & Rice for dinner.

I really don't eat a lot of meat at all and can't actually tell you the last time I had any.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Abdul-Hadi said:

Tonight I ate a green salad with Makoto ginger dressing and just some penne pasta with roasted garlic sauce and Parmesan cheese. Nothing too complex, we don't usually cook complicated dinners on weeknights.

I think tomorrow I am going to make Red beans & Rice for dinner.

I really don't eat a lot of meat at all and can't actually tell you the last time I had any.

Salam brother, r u vegetarian?

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Diaz said:

Salam brother, r u vegetarian?

Sort of, my mom and sister are so I don't usually cook anything with meat when they're around but since my mom is going on vacation on Friday and I'll have the house to myself for a week, I'm probably going to cook myself a meatloaf.

I just don't eat a lot of meat anymore because when I was living in the other house from 2018-2020 I was legit eating either chicken or beef every single night. I've thought about looking into a vegan diet because I need to lose some weight, but a vegan diet involves really nitpicking all of your food to make sure that it doesn't have any meat or dairy derived ingredients and I don't think I'm that dedicated to do something like that and besides, on occasion I like a good burger or a meatloaf but that's getting increasingly rare these days.