Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Caroling said:

I ate Chipotle. Love that place! 

I've never been to one, as far as I can recall, but I know it's popular.

Ate: homemade beef and vegetable soup. 

Eating: decaf Earl Grey sweetened with my home grown stevia. 

Will eat: I intend to finish the rest of the soup for breakfast unless someone beats me to it. Of course with coffee with milk. 

And yes, I absolutely am bragging. :clap:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ seems like an unlucky day for shichat sisters :D Ate : Halwa puri for breakfast  Halwa is a pudding made from semolina and is eaten with Puri (bread made from flour) Mom made the Halwa and it was th

Hey guys, it's been quite some time since I've logged on to shiachat. But as always I come back once in a while to check up on everyone :P So in my absence I've taken plenty of food pics (being an ins

For tea , cupcakes that my daughter baked <3

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

Yesterday for breakfast I had quarter of one pastry called Mushaltat, for dinner I ate from one Filipino restaurant called Jolly Bee, it is halal. I ate 3 pieces of chicken, some fries, 1 and a half pieces of rice, diet cola and a little bit of buttered corn.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l had an All-Amerikan peanut butter and jelly, with imperialist coffee.

I planted some coffee beans and I'm considering planting peanuts, which I know grow famously well in my state. I've already got grapes. (No plans for wheat at the moment though - if we have a bread emergency I'll experiment with acorn bread.) If I grow it in the US, is it automatically imperialist?

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, notme said:

If I grow it in the US, is it automatically imperialist?

No . . .

What l made an ironic comment on is that American companies built coffee (and banana plantations) in Central and South America from seeds and cuttings from East Africa. Then all the did nothings claim exploitation.

• Moderators

Eating: 

PXL-20210306-140545082.jpg

Coffee and apples are not a great combination. Coffee is good. Apples are good. The tastes do not compliment each other. Do not recommend. 

But I'm going to finish it anyway. 

Will eat: might make this for supper:

Mini-Shepards-Pies-5-497x745.jpg

• Advanced Member

Yesterday for breakfast which was at 2pm, I had boiled egg with tomato, cucumber, labneh and tea. For lunch I had leftover stuffed cabbage, for dinner I had hotdog with fries and diet cola. Before dinner I had coffee cake with tea, it was my aunt birthday so my father wanted to celebrate it. 

• Moderators

Ate: yesterday for supper I was going to make macaroni and cheese, but my oldest son challenged me to make macaroni without cheese. I made a cream sauce (gravy) using chicken broth and nutritional yeast, and I added frozen green beans, basil, onion, garlic, and Hungarian paprika. My expectations were low but it actually turned out pretty ok. Since the youngest folk in my family prefer bland food, those of us who wanted it spicy added additional hot sauce at the table. 

Eating: nothing but my morning coffee with milk. 

Will eat: on Saturday I went to the farmer's market and got a bar of artisan chocolate. Later, probably after eating something with nutritional value, I might treat myself with a square of chocolate.

On 3/1/2021 at 7:01 PM, notme said:

I've never been to one, as far as I can recall, but I know it's popular

Definitely try it out! There are great vegetarian options. The bean and veggie make-your-own burritos are so hearty and yummy! We usually get the burrito double-wrapped. So good. 

• Moderators

Yesterday we ate spaghetti with marinara sauce. 

Just finished coffee that I bought on Twitter, with milk, of course, and I had some saltines with cream cheese and fig jam.

Today I'm planning to roast a small turkey that has been taking up too much space in the freezer. I'm planning roasted potatoes too. Which is better: carrot pie or carrot pudding? We have an overabundance of carrots. Probably ought to include something green too, don't know what. 

• Moderators
18 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l never heard of this before. Smashed and mashed, pur-ayed (SP?) . . . do you add stevia or something?

The recipe is gajar ka halwa, but I Americanized it by substituting maple syrup for part of the sugar. It's mostly carrots and milk. Stevia is a good idea though. Might try that next time. 

Ate: my family devoured that turkey - less than half left over.

Eating: leftovers and coffee with milk. 

Will eat: I think I did enough cooking yesterday. Tonight's supper should be "encore buffet" (a variety of leftovers).

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Diaz said:

Yesterday for lunch I had chapati and sambusa with tea, for dinner I had Molokhia with chicken and rice.

l was thinking while catching up on this thread.

Maybe S.C should have a Glutton Club for all us over-eaters.

So for today, l had three bowls of my chili and then an ice cream sandwich -a mint something.   :eat:

• Moderators

Ate: bought fried chicken. I love to eat it, but hate to make it. 

Eating: coffee with milk

Will eat: I'm thinking we're going to have a corn and quinoa salad for tonight's supper. Haven't really decided how to season/dress it. Might offer my carnivores some beef meatballs along with. 

• Advanced Member

since i have been bulking for a while and put on 10 kilograms (81 kilos to 91 kilos mostly muscle) i decided to go on a cut and do intermittent fasting and hopefully lose 10 kilograms of fat (91 kilos to 81 kilos again). So i eat from 12 pm to 7 pm and no sugary foods or any snacks. On top of that i run everyday with my friend and he has a boxing bag in his garden that i use aswell after running. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Khurasani said:

decided to go on a cut and do intermittent fasting

A lot of people are having success with intermittent fasting nowadays. I hope it works for you. I'm sure the running and boxing will help with general health and probably also with weight loss.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, notme said:

Will eat: I'm thinking we're going to have a corn and quinoa salad for tonight's supper. Haven't really decided how to season/dress it. Might offer my carnivores some beef meatballs along with. 

We didn't have this. We had nachos instead. I guess we will have this tonight. It's a food that nobody dislikes, but nobody gets excited about either, so it's easy to put off to another day. 

Right now I'm having the usual coffee with milk, as is my habit.