Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Would You Dye Your Hair When Your Gray

Rate this topic

~Zee Zee~

• Advanced Member

from 7th grade my hairs was almost white now m 23 and have to dye them and its ok and mashallah hve long and healthy hairs :)

There is a tradition of the Holy Prophet "With the help of hair-dye turn old age into youth so that you do not resemble the Jews". When Imam Ali was asked to comment on this tradition, he said that in the early stage of Islam there were very few Muslims. The Holy Prophet advised them to look young and energetic and not to adopt the fashion of the Jews (priest) having long, white flowing beards. But the Muslims were not in minority then, theirs was a strong and powerful State, they could take up any style they liked.

Nahj ul Balagha

• Advanced Member

So in the future when you become old and you start seeing your hair turn white/gray ...would you dye it to maintain 'youth'?

Personally, I wouldn't. I would never want to harm my hair and would let nature take over. How About you?

Well at the moment i have probably about 8-9 pieces of white hair and they are quite thick aswell but i usually pluck them out...... if my hair gets too white then i'll be dying my hair

• Advanced Member

It depends sometimes white looks nice loool I shall wait and see...

But I dont think dying your hair makes you look younger, but it will brighten up the face and features.....

But I dont mind dying my hair lool not a exterme colour ( e,g red, green etc) thou...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...