Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
zeinab94

Wedding In Mosque

Rate this topic

walekum as salam,

My sis got married in a mosque, well the actual nikah was read there if thats what you are trying to find out. The procedure is pretty simple, there is a person who reads the nikah kalma and few other verses from the Quran, the guy and the girl just sit there until its completed lol and yeah thats pretty much it.

walekum as salam,

My sis got married in a mosque, well the actual nikah was read there if thats what you are trying to find out. The procedure is pretty simple, there is a person who reads the nikah kalma and few other verses from the Quran, the guy and the girl just sit there until its completed lol and yeah thats pretty much it.

haha seems pretty simple , "the guy and the girl just sit there until its completed" they seem so bored its like their not getting married lol

haha seems pretty simple , "the guy and the girl just sit there until its completed" they seem so bored its like their not getting married lol

Yeah it's pretty simple, if you ask me thats my kinda of marriage! lol they do seem bored the way i explained it, but I'm sure the bride and groom are supper happy at that moment, I know I would be. But yeah boring or not, it should be halal. Now days people forget whats haram and whats halal with the music/dancing and all, ya Allah!

Yeah it's pretty simple, if you ask me thats my kinda of marriage! lol they do seem bored the way i explained it, but I'm sure the bride and groom are supper happy at that moment, I know I would be. But yeah boring or not, it should be halal. Now days people forget whats haram and whats halal with the music/dancing and all, ya Allah!

so true the simpler the better that way theres less chance to fall into haram

I think it's beautiful to do nikah in a mosque, but some people don't like to do nikah in a mosque.. maybe some countries with cultures has different belief of marriage in a mosque..

Absolutely right, Its such a beautiful thing to get married in a mosque! not to mention Malika's (angels) are present at your nikkah when you do it the halal way. People always value cultures over religion in some countries, what a world we live in, it's a shame.

so basically u do the nikkah,,,, and then everyone sits around and then its over,,,, like there shoulld be Quran and Dua read for both people right ? ?

mosque marriages r the best,,

Absolutely right, Its such a beautiful thing to get married in a mosque! not to mention Malika's (angels) are present at your nikkah when you do it the halal way. People always value cultures over religion in some countries, what a world we live in, it's a shame.

the second music is played at a place,, all the angels go away,,,, plus i dont understand the point of a thousand dollar wedding if people r still going to judge u on wat u did,, and wat u didnt do,,,, and people r getting confused between culture and religion,, ur right it is a shame

Wedding in a Mosque is a very wonderful thing. In fact I believe when Imam Ali (as) and Bibi Faatima S.A got married the Prophet (pbuh) read their Nikaah in the mosque and then that same night had a valima for a small group of people in his / their house and that was that.

Unfortunately society has so degraded these days that the wedding (something that is considered half of your religion) has now become a VERY EXTRAVAGANT FASHION SHOW event of the year for people. Would you believe that I overheard a couple of parents once for making fun of someone's kid because he wanted his wedding done in the mosque in contrast to everyone else? Astaghfirullah

Edited by Kirmani

Would you believe that I overheard a couple of parents once for making fun of someone's kid because he wanted his wedding done in the mosque in contrast to everyone else? Astaghfirullah

I do. In fact, a ruckus is approaching my house because I will be pushing for a wedding in a mosque myself.

And as sis Enlightened has said, it's easier to observe Islamic principles of weddings in a Mosque, and force people to ACTUALLY WEAR DECENT CLOTHES AND NOT SOME RUDDY COSTUMES FROM FASHION TABLOIDS. GOD I HATE THOSE COMPLEXION-INSECURE PEOPLE.

Are you officially married and lawful for each other after the Nikah contract takes place? Could someone please verify. If this is the case, then having a huge after party is rather ridiculous, when all the money wasted on it can be used by the married couple to back themselves up financially for a good head start in life. Unless they're already super rich then, personally speaking, it's fine to have a grand celebration but not too extravagant.

Are you officially married and lawful for each other after the Nikah contract takes place? Could someone please verify. If this is the case, then having a huge after party is rather ridiculous, when all the money wasted on it can be used by the married couple to back themselves up financially for a good head start in life. Unless they're already super rich then, personally speaking, it's fine to have a grand celebration but not too extravagant.

Yes, from an Islamic perspective, the only thing that matters is the nikah. It is recommended to have a walima afterwards, but you are lawful to each other as soon as the nikah contract is pronounced.

In the mosque I attend there's been a lot of weddings and it usually goes like this that the men and women sit at two seperate halls and the nikah is read by two sheikhs through the microphone. When it's done they're married :)

Edited by Sweetn

yes u r,, that y some people do the Nikah while engaged so they can go out together with no one with them and it wont be Haram,,,,, then just do a party or something when they want to move in together,,,,,, but in my opinion thats dumb

yes u r,, that y some people do the Nikah while engaged so they can go out together with no one with them and it wont be Haram,,,,, then just do a party or something when they want to move in together,,,,,, but in my opinion thats dumb

why is that dumb? isnt it better for the two to be able to speak and communicate properly to see if they really are good for eachother before they actually move out? engagement periods are good because the two are now halal for each other so they are able to be more comfortable with each other and take more time to see if they are actually compatible ...

why is that dumb? isnt it better for the two to be able to speak and communicate properly to see if they really are good for eachother before they actually move out? engagement periods are good because the two are now halal for each other so they are able to be more comfortable with each other and take more time to see if they are actually compatible ...

Once you have done the nikah, you are married. It is not an engagement period. Thinking of it like that devalues the nikah, which is the Islamic marriage, and places more importance on cultural marriage rituals. If two people feel they need an 'engagement period', which isn't really an Islamic concept, then they should have a muta instead. That avoids the need for divorce in case things don't work out.

Once you have done the nikah, you are married. It is not an engagement period. Thinking of it like that devalues the nikah, which is the Islamic marriage, and places more importance on cultural marriage rituals. If two people feel they need an 'engagement period', which isn't really an Islamic concept, then they should have a muta instead. That avoids the need for divorce in case things don't work out.

yeh you are married but the two cant be expected to just move out straight away, the engagement period is just so that they can understand eachother abit more and prepare themselves for marriage so that they can fix all the moving arrangements and what not... they are married but its just the wife is still living at her parents house for a few months or so before they actually move out, and mutah isnt need these two are married they just dont want to move out straight away and it is understandable in islam the relationship with non-mahrams is very strict you cant just move out with someone thats why you can be married so that your able to talk and prepare without all the boundaries of haram and halal then move out when you are moth ready ... it may be a cultural things yes im not saying that its a religious bound thing but theres nothing wrong with an engagement period

imagine getting your nikkah read at masjid e nabawi or masjid e jamkaran... awesome :D

Those places are important for Ziyarah/visitation. Having weddings there may disrupt or infringe on the rights of other to peacefully go about their religious practices.

i checked with Sayed Fadlallah and Sayed Sistani and they both say that it is Halal for 2 Non-Mahram people to go out with the intention of Marriage but it has to be in public,,,,, that way u can understand each other and get to know each other without actually getting married,,,, im not against engagements, im with having atleast a year or something but in my personal opinion u would rather do the Nikah while moving out

yea and when u do the Nikah u cant break it without a proper reason,,,,, because its a divorce,,

Those places are important for Ziyarah/visitation. Having weddings there may disrupt or infringe on the rights of other to peacefully go about their religious practices.

it doesn't take long to do Nikah,,

but wouldn't u agree if nobody had an objection on u having it there ??

nahh, i just meant having the nikkah being read there. i dont mean having a whole wedding with food and all that LOL

Guest a.shia.muslim.brother.110

Salam u alaykom,

If you mean the religious ceremony of the marriage then almost every mosque or islmaic centre offers that, if u mean the actual wedding celebration which is a party like, then I doubt if any sheikh let that happens inside a mosque or Islamic center!!! u know everything has its place! it's meant to be a place of worship not getting party all night long!

However, saying that I do respect ur intention which would like to make it as Holy as possible but doubt it, u need to call up each center!

assalam u alaykom

Salam u alaykom,

If you mean the religious ceremony of the marriage then almost every mosque or islmaic centre offers that, if u mean the actual wedding celebration which is a party like, then I doubt if any sheikh let that happens inside a mosque or Islamic center!!! u know everything has its place! it's meant to be a place of worship not getting party all night long!

However, saying that I do respect ur intention which would like to make it as Holy as possible but doubt it, u need to call up each center!

assalam u alaykom

Asalamu Alaikum,,

i dont listen to music,, so no way am i wondering of a party,, haha,, i wanted to know if anyone has done there wedding in Mosque,, like the whole thing,, without party,,

btw i wasnt saying that for me,, i was wondering about it in general,,

W/Salam

Asalamu Alaikum,,

i dont listen to music,, so no way am i wondering of a party,, haha,, i wanted to know if anyone has done there wedding in Mosque,, like the whole thing,, without party,,

btw i wasnt saying that for me,, i was wondering about it in general,,

W/Salam

By party I meant garhering. You can have a garhering but no music. There was no music in my wedding gathering with my ex-wife which was in a hall having women seperated from men too.

Please call each centre to ask, still I doubt if any mosque/centre does this!

All the best

Assalam u alaykom

By party I meant garhering. You can have a garhering but no music. There was no music in my wedding gathering with my ex-wife which was in a hall having women seperated from men too.

Please call each centre to ask, still I doubt if any mosque/centre does this!

All the best

Assalam u alaykom

Asalamu Alaikum,,

my brothers and sister had a no-music gathering at our house,, they asked the Sheik to do Katib il Ktib there,,

but i think there is no point of having gatherings like they did,, a Katib il Ktib at Mosque is enough,,

iv never heard of the Mosques/Centres in Sydney who do it either,, thats y i wanted to know,,

salam u alaykom,

why dont u call IHIC? they surely are able to help u. but again, that sounds really weird to everyone!

salam u alaykom,

why dont u call IHIC? they surely are able to help u. but again, that sounds really weird to everyone!

Asalamu Alaikum,,

when my time comes,, then Inshallah i will

in sha Allah, it'll come the day Allah wills and in sha Allah u find your suitable match :)

Salam, I have attended many weddings at mosques/hussainiyas, they usually have a screen in the ladies showing the sheikh delivering the lecture, duas, qur'an, speeches from family and the actual aqid nikkah being recited either between two sheikhs, a sheikh and the brother getting married, a sheikh and father of the bride or groom etc. The ladies side is completely seperate, so ladies are able to dress up, whilst maintaining a certain level of modesty appropriate to the location, this depends on the culture you are talking about and is understood differently, eg Iraqis are more laid back about what women can wear infront of other women then khojas or Pakistanis are. There is no music, maybe a brother will recite/sing a nasheed ect on the mens side which is also shown on the screen on the women's side. After there is food, usually eaten on sufras on the floor. Then there is salah, depending on the time of the wedding. This all varies slightly depending on the culture, and some mosques/hussainiyas have events/wedding halls for the purpose of not needing to adhere to the protocols of a masjid/hussainiya as much, and only do the aqid nikkah in the actual masjid or hussainiya. Salams and duas and may he grant all you unmarried sisters and brothers wonderful pious spouses, blessed marriages for both those who are already married and those who are stil to be married inshallah, and then grant you all lots of wonderful little soldiers of Imam al asr(ajtf) inshallah!