In the Name of God بسم الله

Khalil Gibran Quotes - Share Your Favorite Quotes

Rate this topic

Light of Ali

A friend who is far away is sometimes much nearer than one who is at hand. Is not the mountain far more awe-inspiring and more clearly visible to one passing through the valley than to those who inhabit the mountain?

Faith is knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.

Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit.

And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.

Generosity is not giving me that which I need more than you do, but it is giving me that which you need more than I do.

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

If my survival caused another to perish, then death would be sweeter and more beloved.

If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were.

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.'

You have your Lebanon and its dilemma. I have my Lebanon and its beauty. Your Lebanon is an arena for men from the West and men from the East. My Lebanon is a flock of birds fluttering in the early morning as shepherds lead their sheep into the meadow and rising in the evening as farmers return from their fields and vineyards.

Feel free to share some of your favorite quotes :)

• Veteran Member

"In my view, ʿAlī was the first Arab to have contact with and converse with the universal soul. He died a martyr of his greatness, he died while prayer was between his two lips. The Arabs did not realise his value until appeared among their Persian neighbors some who knew the difference between gems and gravels." - Khalil Gibran

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Muslim_view_of_Ali

• Advanced Member

“A shy failure is nobler than an immodest success.”

“They died because they did not befriend their enemy. They died because they loved their neighbours. They died because they placed trust in all humanity. They died because they did not oppress the oppressors. They died because they were the crushed flowers, and not the crushing feet.”

“Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother.”

• Advanced Member

1)I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

2)Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know my self, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms.

3)If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were.

4)In my view, ʿAlī was the first Arab to have contact with and converse with the universal soul. He died a martyr of his greatness, he died while prayer was between his two lips. The Arabs did not realise his value until appeared among their Persian neighbours some who knew the difference between gems and gravels.