Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Brother Revert In London

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I'm a revert from Christianity to Bakri to Shi'a (inshaallah, we strive to be Shi'a)

I live in London and goto Slough often. If anyone wants to meet I'm happy to help you, as I know how hard the journey is. I'm in contact with a lot of good brothers with a lot of knowledge, we can share with you inshallah without taqiyya, without misguidance inshallah. We have sources for everything we say and do.

Wasalaam

• Veteran Member

I'm a revert from Christianity to Bakri to Shi'a (inshaallah, we strive to be Shi'a)

I live in London and goto Slough often. If anyone wants to meet I'm happy to help you, as I know how hard the journey is. I'm in contact with a lot of good brothers with a lot of knowledge, we can share with you inshallah without taqiyya, without misguidance inshallah. We have sources for everything we say and do.

Wasalaam

Waalykumsalam wa RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATOH.

Waalykumsalam wa RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATOH.

• Advanced Member

Wasalaam

salam Alaikum brother

welcome to shia and shiachat.

Mashallah, may Allah grants you towfiq and success to know Ahlul bayt as more as you can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Wasalaam

Well Brother you were salafi , and burnt with salfar!

I think I know you since when you ware about to leave the salferied people. :shifty:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Wa salam.All thanx belong to Allah,for opening your eyes.May Allah guide you on right way!

Even i'm happy about you,readin your post,i mentioned term "bakri".As wall a hear manny shias who are full of insults for sunnis,sufis..etc

Dear brothers this is not our way.Even if somebody atack us,we should be patiance,until we cant handle that.This is teaching of Nabiyy Muhammad s.a.w.a,and Imams a.s

Amr ibn Akrame told to Imam Sadik Jafar ibn Muhammed alejhissellam :"One man distrubet me.Imam a.s reply : Threat him,wit a lot of love.(Usul-i-Qafi)

My point is if we insult them,at same way as they insult us,then we are equal.But we ca't be equal,we can't insult,because we are not followers thos who insult...but,Allah knows the best!

• Advanced Member

Wa salam.All thanx belong to Allah,for opening your eyes.May Allah guide you on right way!

Even i'm happy about you,readin your post,i mentioned term "bakri".As wall a hear manny shias who are full of insults for sunnis,sufis..etc

Dear brothers this is not our way.Even if somebody atack us,we should be patiance,until we cant handle that.This is teaching of Nabiyy Muhammad s.a.w.a,and Imams a.s

Amr ibn Akrame told to Imam Sadik Jafar ibn Muhammed alejhissellam :"One man distrubet me.Imam a.s reply : Threat him,wit a lot of love.(Usul-i-Qafi)

My point is if we insult them,at same way as they insult us,then we are equal.But we ca't be equal,we can't insult,because we are not followers thos who insult...but,Allah knows the best!

Salam Brother :)

Bakri means 'follower of Abu Bakr' :)

• Advanced Member

Salam Brother :)

Bakri means 'follower of Abu Bakr' :)

Wa salam dear brother.I know that.But i did not hear any Grand Ayatullah to call them with this term.Because sunnis fell's that as a provocation.

Grand Ayatullah Khaminei call them :"our brothers sunnis"

Sayad Hasan Nasrallah call them brothers as well

Gran Ayatullah Ali Sistani (may Allah prolong his life) say:"Do not call them sunnis,call them at same way as you call any other muslim brother"

Only man who call them bakris is Shayk Yasir Habib.Even i respect Shayk Yasir as a scholar,i belive that he use that as insult and provocation.I'm agains that because,i belive that we can with culture dialogue with Allah's help show them truth,otherwise with insults,and provocations we can do nothing,exept gave them reason to insult.and provocate us.

Ask yourself my dear brother where this lead to?Will we insult between indefinetely?No brother,i belive that its wrong way,but Allah knows best

• Basic Members

Wa alaikumas salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

Masha Allah, u have to believe that Allah loves u,

at least every month we hear people reverting to Islam and alhamdoellah some to shia

I am totally agree with some of the brothers that they were inviting shias friends to patient againt the insulting others to us

as there is a Hadith from the prophet Muhammad Mustafa (saws) that said Islam doesnt need any advertisment, a muslim's behaviour would be the best advertisment for others to revert

so we as muslims specially shias have to be careful about our manner, our behaviour

another hadith from Imam Muhammad Baqir (as); how foolish r those shias that they think by insulting other sects, they r helping Ahlaulbayt (as), but they dont know by insulting others, they will make them exasperate to insult us.

so becarefull friends

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Basic Members

As salam alaykum brothers, I reverted 7 years ago. I lost all my hearing from meningitis and while in hospital for nearly 9 months, someone left a Quran by my bedside. I joined the Hanafi adhab the following year and learnt a lot from some good and helpful muslims. A qari at the mosque I used to frequent, taught me the basic tajweed and I am able , alhamdulillah , to read the Holy Quran. I learnt surah, Yasin, Mulk by heart and 55 ayats from Ar Rahman.

About 3 years ago while on a trip to Stockholm, I was drawn to an impressive little booklet in a mosque, on making enquiries they offered it to me. This was a book about Imam Jafar Sadi,AS. I was very much moved by the words in this book.

On returning to London an older muslim brother who helped me when I was starting condemned the book and told me not to have any thing to do with the shias because they curse the sahabas and esteem Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) more than the prophet(SAW). I hadn´t much knowledge to refute this brothers claim at the time but it [Edited Out]ed my conscience and I resolved ,in my mind, to finding out more.

This journey took another couple of years because of various distractions and obstacles. It wasn´t until a few months ago I got back on track while researching about the late Ayatullah Khomeini (ra) and he menntioned the book Al Kafi. I downloaded a free copy and since reading I would like to be a shia but I dont know any shia mosque. Iḿ in need of some knowledge of how the holy imams used to pray. At the moment I pray with my hands to my side because I read this is how they pray. Apart from this I don know much else but Iḿ willing, inshallah to learn and adjust to the adhab of the welve infallible imams(AS).

Jazakallaho khair

Abdurrahman Assami

PS

I live in Ilford, UK

• Advanced Member

As salam alaykum brothers, I reverted 7 years ago. I lost all my hearing from meningitis and while in hospital for nearly 9 months, someone left a Quran by my bedside. I joined the Hanafi adhab the following year and learnt a lot from some good and helpful muslims. A qari at the mosque I used to frequent, taught me the basic tajweed and I am able , alhamdulillah , to read the Holy Quran. I learnt surah, Yasin, Mulk by heart and 55 ayats from Ar Rahman.

About 3 years ago while on a trip to Stockholm, I was drawn to an impressive little booklet in a mosque, on making enquiries they offered it to me. This was a book about Imam Jafar Sadi,AS. I was very much moved by the words in this book.

On returning to London an older muslim brother who helped me when I was starting condemned the book and told me not to have any thing to do with the shias because they curse the sahabas and esteem Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) more than the prophet(SAW). I hadn´t much knowledge to refute this brothers claim at the time but it [Edited Out]ed my conscience and I resolved ,in my mind, to finding out more.

This journey took another couple of years because of various distractions and obstacles. It wasn´t until a few months ago I got back on track while researching about the late Ayatullah Khomeini (ra) and he menntioned the book Al Kafi. I downloaded a free copy and since reading I would like to be a shia but I dont know any shia mosque. Iḿ in need of some knowledge of how the holy imams used to pray. At the moment I pray with my hands to my side because I read this is how they pray. Apart from this I don know much else but Iḿ willing, inshallah to learn and adjust to the adhab of the welve infallible imams(AS).

Jazakallaho khair

Abdurrahman Assami

PS

I live in Ilford, UK

Salam

Nahjul Balagah read it insh'Allah

also this may help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YipX7jT5Fo&feature=related

Edited by Rasul
  • Advanced Member

abdurahman assami

Very Inspiring story. Thanks for sharing. Just one thing. You don't need to find a Shia mosque to become a follower of ahl al bayt. You just need to believe in their teaching to be a follower. And then be the best person as you can.

Sorry to hear about your hearing loss.

Wa salam dear brother.I know that.But i did not hear any Grand Ayatullah to call them with this term.Because sunnis fell's that as a provocation.

Gran Ayatullah Ali Sistani (may Allah prolong his life) say:"Do not call them sunnis,call them at same way as you call any other muslim brother"

Only man who call them bakris is Shayk Yasir Habib.Even i respect Shayk Yasir as a scholar,i belive that he use that as insult and provocation.I'm agains that because,i belive that we can with culture dialogue with Allah's help show them truth,otherwise with insults,and provocations we can do nothing,exept gave them reason to insult.and provocate us.

Ask yourself my dear brother where this lead to?Will we insult between indefinetely?No brother,i belive that its wrong way,but Allah knows best

very well said.

• Basic Members

well just cause khamenei and nasrullah dont use the word bakri , it doesnt mean we dont have the right to use it  : )

the word bakri is not a insult, it means followers of abu bakr..and the term BAKRYAH was used by our esteemed scholars and some of the Bakri scholars to give a picture of those who believe in the Imamah (i.e. Leadership) of Abu Bakir son of Abu Quhafa like:

Shia Scholars:

Shiekh al-Saddouq in Kamal Al Deen page 104,

Shiekh Al Mufeed in Al Ifsaah page 35,

Al Tousi in Al Mufsah page 123,

Al Tabari in Al Mustarshid page 479,

Al Karajiki in Al Ta’ajoub page 22,

Al Nabati Al A’amili in Al Sirat Al Mustaqeem vol. 2 page 237.

Bakri Shcolars:

Ibn Abi al-Hadid in Sharh al-Nahj vol. 11 page 49 and Mahmud Abu Riyyah in al-Adhwa' page 127.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

That is all political. We should be nice, but it will not mean anything to them. They hate the hell out of us. We shouldn't start any trouble, but we should be on guard because they would kill all of us if they could. They truly hate us.

• Advanced Member

That is all political. We should be nice, but it will not mean anything to them. They hate the hell out of us. We shouldn't start any trouble, but we should be on guard because they would kill all of us if they could. They truly hate us.

yes many sunnis hate us more the kafir
  • 4 years later...
  • Forum Administrators

One cannot use the terms Bakri, Omari, Batri, or Majoosi in a derogatory fashion. Name-calling is unislamic and disrespectful, and members will be warned, suspended, or banned for abusive behaviour. 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/12120-faq-shiachatcom-rules-and-policy/