Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The Perfect Man!

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

The perfect man in my opinion would: live his life in the way of the Ahlulbayt

have a proper beard :)

know urdu and farsi

be good with kids

recite majalis or nauhas regularly

have had some sort of Islamic Education (maybe in iran)

Anyway now you all have to pray that I find someone like that :)

What would your perfect man/woman be?

Edited by Salaam786
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

salam alaykom no matter how long our description of our soul mates is, its not like he/she is going to come along with this description written on their forehead, it takes time to get to know someone,

I didn't take you for that sort S.hassan... :donno:

You would make a great couple with Baradar Jackson ;)

• Advanced Member

he must have "marefat( real knowledge) of his religion" not only Islamic education. he should know why he is muslim, why God has created him? ...

his purpose in life must be close or the same as mine...

his nature must complete my nature...

he must be well in controling his "nafs"...

many other things as well... :shifty:

note: he must celebrate nowrooz with me every year. :excl:

Edited by Najva
  • Advanced Member

No disrespect but he should speak arabic because the quran is writen in arabic. And its the best language in the world....

I did actually consider writing Arabic but then I thought asking for three languages is a bit much :D

lol women looking as though they KNOW what they want ?

PLease ask yourself , do you DESERVE the perfect man, before you demand one !!! Because believe you me once he comes along, im sure u wont want him no more, bec you will find some sort of defect in him !

and as tinkerbell said, what happened to arabic ?

Yallah good luck with your search, b ut i think the perfect male/female is one whom you get along with most, and that could be your local bum around the corner, you NEVER know...

U cant ditch a guy bec he has a bad resume, and truth being said, most girls dont bec they have soft hearts, and are actually LOVING... unless ur one of those, i want this that rata tat tat

Salams

I guess I did sound a bit picky. I would never reject a guy because he doesn't match all these criteria.

• Advanced Member

1- Has to be a true follower of the Ahlul Bayt (as)

2- On the same religious level as me

3- We should have the same purpose in life

4- Preferably from the same culture (though I'm not too picky)

5- He has to definitely know how to speak English

6- He should respect me

And that's about it really!

• Advanced Member

The most important things are already mentioned here..

Why are looks important? I agree a man has to be neat, clean, and a have healthy lifestyle though..But that also counts for the women ofcourse. But the looks are surely not important.

btw, a big plus would be if he knows how to handle the satellite dish and other electronical stuff :P

Well I think looks are pretty important, like you wanna be attracted to him, no?

But yea fixing stuff is super important, and cooking too (a total must), in my case this I don't exactly know how to cook, and of course being obedient :P...

any language, any culture, simple, mentally strong (ready to face wordly problems without a cry and weakness in emaan)

should love to travel and help me learn her culture and language (prefer arabic, farsi, turkish, sanskrit, greek)

loves to eat and research history and wander along with me frm town to town in search of god's secrets. (a little exaggeration)

• Veteran Member

know urdu and farsi

be good with kids

- know urdu and farsi --> do you spoke them ? or because you want to learn it?

- recite majaliss/nawha? --> do you think all those people who recite nawha/majaliss are good ? from my own experience, there are different reasons to do nawhas: you have a good voice, oh look ! your cousin is reciting so you must recite too, because my mom wants, ... not too much people recite for Ahl ul Bayt today .. i think this is not a criteria for a good guy..

- study in Iran ? --> all iranian are not religious, not too much as before.. there are less and less Momin in iran.. and you can find mo'min in western countries, .. i know there are some people of our age who can see our Imam, they don't have any canvas on their eyes..

And as khomeiny said: "there is Islam in Iran but not muslim, and there are muslim in France but not Islam" (my own translation)

About me, i would like my futur spouse to be a true follower of Ahl ul bayt and have good manners (akhlaq) --> (from a hadith of Imam Baqir as )

The aklhaq is really important, even she/he does a lot of ibadat (namaz shab, ..), if this person has bad manners, he/she won't enter in Jannat .. --> so this is trully important !!

And as the 6th imam said: Convert people to Islam, without your tongue, but with your akhlaq..

but you have to deserve the perfect man/woman..

And would like to end by a good manner of Khomeiny: he nerver used to eat before his wife. And if she was late, he was waiting for her till she come home .. --> that's the perfect guy !

Edited by cendrillon
  • Advanced Member

- know urdu and farsi --> do you spoke them ? or because you want to learn it?

- recite majaliss/nawha? --> do you think all those people who recite nawha/majaliss are good ? from my own experience, there are different reasons to do nawhas: you have a good voice, oh look ! your cousin is reciting so you must recite too, because my mom wants, ... not too much people recite for Ahl ul Bayt today .. i think this is not a criteria for a good guy..

- study in Iran ? --> all iranian are not religious, not too much as before.. there are less and less Momin in iran.. and you can find mo'min in western countries, .. i know there are some people of our age who can see our Imam, they don't have any canvas on their eyes..

And as khomeiny said: "there is Islam in Iran but not muslim, and there are muslim in France but not Islam" (my own translation)

About me, i would like my futur spouse to be a true follower of Ahl ul bayt and have good manners (akhlaq) --> (from a hadith of Imam Baqir as )

The aklhaq is really important, even she/he does a lot of ibadat (namaz shab, ..), if this person has bad manners, he/she won't enter in Jannat .. --> so this is trully important !!

And as the 6th imam said: Convert people to Islam, without your tongue, but with your akhlaq..

but you have to deserve the perfect man/woman..

And would like to end by a good manner of Khomeiny: he nerver used to eat before his wife. And if she was late, he was waiting for her till she come home .. --> that's the perfect guy !

Salaam brother,

I should probably have elaborated.

I speak urdu and farsi so it would be practical and I would consider living in Iran as I have family there.

Also the bit about reading majalis

Imam Ali (a.s) has said: Knowledge and wisdom are really the privilege of a faithful Muslim.

Although I agree not all people read for the right reason, I would say a large majority of Shia Scholars are well learned in Islam. Knowlege is therefore a sign of piety.

I hope you understand me a bit better.

And it's a bit off topic but since you mentioned Imam Khomeini, I thought I would share a picture.

I actually stole it off someone's profile pic but I'm sure they won't mind :)

http://www.google.co...1t:429,r:2,s:48

The picture is of him with his wife

Edited by Salaam786

know urdu and farsi

be good with kids

hmm, what luck! because you just found your perfect man...ME :yaali:

• Moderators

Salaam brother,

I should probably have elaborated.

I speak urdu and farsi so it would be practical and I would consider living in Iran as I have family there.

Also the bit about reading majalis

Imam Ali (a.s) has said: Knowledge and wisdom are really the privilege of a faithful Muslim.

Although I agree not all people read for the right reason, I would say a large majority of Shia Scholars are well learned in Islam. Knowlege is therefore a sign of piety.

I hope you understand me a bit better.

And it's a bit off topic but since you mentioned Imam Khomeini, I thought I would share a picture.

I actually stole it off someone's profile pic but I'm sure they won't mind :)

http://www.google.co...1t:429,r:2,s:48

The picture is of him with his wife

Cute picture ^_^

• Advanced Member

no body is perfect in this world

may be this is your criteria for your partner

and otherwise if u want an example of perfect man than our prophet pbuh

and imams a.s are best examples ,they just set the criteria

in my point of view

a man who follows them truly is da best person whom you want to marry :)

Edited by lover of Mola

like i always say, i want someone i can talk to. i wanna have intellectual, humorous, and serious convos with this person. i dont want it to be just "whats for dinner" and "this has too much salt in it! are you tring to kill me?"

im not sure about looks. sometimes nice looking people are messed up, and other times people with nice personalitlies just look nice, if that makes any sense.

better speak english, urdu/farsi/arabic= +1000 :D

taller than me would be nice, and the dude needs to have an education, and a job. better let me work if i want to.

i dont really think it matters if hes sayed or not, though itd be cool to continue the line.

im wondering, is there a thread for "the ideal woman"? im curious to see what the bros here think.