Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
sanazi

Iranian Women At A Human Rights Debate In Geneva

Rate this topic

I came across this video, and I was really saddened by the unkind behavior of some people towards these Iranian women at a human rights debate in Geneva. What's worst is that some of the people being nasty to these women appear to be Iranian themselves. It's rather embarassing and concerning.

These ladies from Iran are not saying anything wrong. They are not saying anything other than what they practice and beleive. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what they said. In fact, the main speaker was right on all the points she was addressing.

Anyways, I think some people,unfortunately Iranians too (as we see it in this video) are so politically brainwashed that they cannot even bring themselves to respect other people's rights, opinions, and feelings.

The Geneva people said their part, when it came to this women's part on the debate of women's rights in Iran, they only allowed her a small allotted time.

To be fair and impartial, you have to give the opposition a fair amount of time to get their view across. Can't just give them a small allotted time.

Edited by habib e najjaar

The Geneva people said their part, when it came to this women's part on the debate of women's rights in Iran, they only allowed her a small allotted time.

To be fair and impartial, you have to give the opposition a fair amount of time to get their view across. Can't just give them a small allotted time.

I dont think u understood me. The Geneva ppl were not being fair towards the Iranian women. They were rude and uninterested in what the Iranian woman had to say.

Edited by habib e najjaar

I dont think u understood me. The Geneva ppl were not being fair towards the Iranian women. They were rude and uninterested in what the Iranian woman had to say.

Sorry for a moment I thought you meant the other way around since the Iranian representative kept going. Never mind.

My apologies.

What was she saying exactly?

To make it brief, the main speaker is talking about the status of women in Iran, and how they are actively involved in different spheres of the Iranian society, and not just Iranian-Muslim women but she also mentions women from religious minorities in Iran too. She also mentions that there are no struggles/obstacles for their involvement in social activities in Iran.

She also questions human right defenders of Zahra Bahrami (a notoriously criminal)...questioning why a criminal is being defended and so on.

Also, the main speaker in question is extremely polite and courteous, while everyone else is deliberately rude with her.

The Geneva ppl (which seems to include Iranians in diaspora too) are being impossible to have a dialogue with.

And just to be clear, I'm sensing that the Geneva ppl are the ones that seem to be politically brainwashed...to the point that they cannot tolerate ppl or opinions that are different from them.

Edited by sanazi

I've been lurking around this web-site for quite a while now and have finally made a decision to join. I must say I enjoy reading about all those different topics on this website :).

I'm a 19 yr old male from Canada although not originally born there. I'm originally from Malaysia. I relocated to Canada with my in laws in '05 and have lived there ever since. Canada is a superb place and I loved from the very first time I visited.

I hope to meet new people on this website and also contribute to the discussions on this site which I think I should be able to. So all in all great to meet all of you! :)

Was the guy video taping this trying to speak English? I heard something like "stop liar", poor guy needs to find some self confidence and not be afraid of talking in his own language.

(bismillah)

(salam)

That is the strange thing about this video! He wasn't afraid to speak English, he was doing it on purpose. The camera man focusing on the speakers is an Iranian and he says something in Farsi then begins speaking in English, while a Farsi speaking woman is interrupting the invited guests. This smells to me like it was a setup, to try to make it hard for the speakers to talk and then make the invited guests leave the conference. :donno: He says: Yes in Farsi (sarcastically), then he mentions what sounds like the Farsi word for dog, then goes into English language, you're a liar, you're a big liar, stop liar, stop the lie, huh (sarcastic laugh), stop liar, stop liar, stop liar, stop liar, laughing at the speakers who are leaving. That guy was not filming the event for newsworthiness, he was filming himself being a jerk. Jerk is the kindest word I could say about him.