Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ruq

Mutah Experiences

Rate this topic

lol I was seriously expecting this thread to be chock-a-block full by now. I guess most of us that lurk in the Mut'ah threads are hyped up bunnies about Mut'ah, yet have never contracted it ever. I speak to myself, first and foremost. But, hey, i'm still young.

By the way, I really respect you for practicing Mut'ah, Ruqaya. Your sins have been wiped away, according to a tradition. Are you still in Mut'ah or has it ended?

I had a terrible experience and it only lasted a week when the agreed time was 2 years. Hit rock bottom during that and lost everything financially, emotionally, health. Lol but it was worth it to experience one of His mercy

Im very sorry for that. but can anyone answer whther Mutah marriages have to complete the term?.. whats if someone wants to break it before the time limit is up?.. whats the ruling?

lol I was seriously expecting this thread to be chock-a-block full by now. I guess most of us that lurk in the Mut'ah threads are hyped up bunnies about Mut'ah, yet have never contracted it ever. I speak to myself, first and foremost. But, hey, i'm still young.

By the way, I really respect you for practicing Mut'ah, Ruqaya. Your sins have been wiped away, according to a tradition. Are you still in Mut'ah or has it ended?

Yep me too xD im hoping it will be more of a positive thread to show how its actually working for ppl rather than the hypothetical debates that tend to dominate the mutah threads and get so negative. Ours was from april 2010 to april 2011, i forget the exact date, seems so long ago now.

Im very sorry for that. but can anyone answer whther Mutah marriages have to complete the term?.. whats if someone wants to break it before the time limit is up?.. whats the ruling?

Yes the man can end it before completing the term by telling his wife "I give you your time back" and then it's over

(bismillah)

(salam)

Although I don't have time to write something now, I am following this topic.

Thank you for this topic ; your experience is good machallah.

Please post if you have an experience of muta and say whether it was a positive/negative/neutral one.

Inchallah, I'm getting married...but I put a condition: -I absolutely do mout'a (Reviving the Sunnah).

the technicalities of haram/(...)

It's koufr akbar...^^

wa salam

I did muta and it was a positive experience. i never intended it to be temporary in the sense that i wasn't aiming for a nikah by the end of the mutah period. i knew i wanted to marry him but we needed that time period mainly for our families and the issues surrounding us getting married.

(salam)

Not sure if attempts at trying to contract Mutah would go off-topic, but here goes.

The first one was a Jew, and after explaining to her the concept of Mutah, she was in a state of awe that such a system existed in Islam. She was more than ready to go ahead with it, but the catch was getting the father's permission. Since she was from a conservative anti-Zionist Jewish family, her father was arranging a marriage for her, and he refused on that ground. Well, that's where I had to part ways with her. She's still learning about Islam, and leaning toward it just because I introduced her to the concept of Mutah. However, we've agreed to keep our contact minimal, for both our sake.

Second one was a not-so-practicing Christian (you could say the Sunday-only Christian, like the Muharram/Ramadan-activated Muslims). She was prepared to go through with it, seeing how honest I was about it with no secrets. But the catch was the same, i.e. getting the father's permission. The father refused on the grounds that he did not want a shame on his family, and preferred a Christian dating his daughter (apparently he was more religious than his daughter). Strike two.

The third... well the father refused on pretty much the same grounds as the second, but what's interesting is that I found out through a third party that the girl already had a boyfriend, and was gonna two-time on him.

After these three attempts, I just gave up. We all know how hard it is to do Mutah with a Muslim woman in this day and age, especially in Pakistan... So yeah, just threw in the towel.

Dude, I feel sorry for you. You do know that the parents permission isn't really necessary? Especially, if they reject on unislamic grounds. You could have just done it secretly, and you wouldn't be at fault. Of course, if you were considering long-term with these women, then I guess it wouldn't be possible without the parents acknowledging. But don't give up a Sunnah.

Yep me too xD im hoping it will be more of a positive thread to show how its actually working for ppl rather than the hypothetical debates that tend to dominate the mutah threads and get so negative. Ours was from april 2010 to april 2011, i forget the exact date, seems so long ago now.

Well, that's good, overall its been positive, but of course the experiences don't reflect on the marriage constitution itself. I've been thinking of opening a mut'ah thread, but i've completely run out of ideas. It really has been discussed ad nauseum. I guess this thread is unique.

One year is a long period. Now that it's ended, are you planning to take a break from each other or are you just friends? Will you contract mut'ah with somebody else now? Sorry, i'm just curious.

One year is a long period. Now that it's ended, are you planning to take a break from each other or are you just friends? Will you contract mut'ah with somebody else now? Sorry, i'm just curious.

Its ok, after the year we decided tobe together permanantly. I think my biriyani swung it =D

You guys being that open in your "experience" with temporary marriage is wierd.

Seriously you guys. Close that topic and delete it.

I think thats unfair, how is anything here shameful?

Nope, it's not that weird. I'm guessing the vast majority of people on here who have contracted a temporary marriage have done so with a view to permanently marrying that person, and they have gone onto permanently marry them. That use of muta is perfectly normal and common in our communities, in fact many parents will not allow their kids to get to know someone for permanent marriage without that being the set up. People don't think of muta as a temporary MARRIAGE for that reason, they think of it as a formality.

Hardly anyone on here will have done it for the purpose of "I fancy a short fling no strings attached", so don't worry.

agreed. That has always been my intention

On 1/18/2012 at 5:50 AM, hameedeh said:

(bismillah)

(salam)

^ Bro, the people who said they did mutah are being open because they want to explain that mut'ah is a good thing. As long as everyone stays calm, the topic does not need to be closed or deleted. I have not written my mutah experience yet, because I have not had time.

InshaAllah those who dislike muta will someday understand that mutah is a beautiful and pragmatic practice. In Shia Islam Aslah means the most beneficial, and this word is used to describe the actions of Allah. Everyone please remember that Allah can do no wrong, Allah does nothing without a purpose, and all the actions of Allah are intended for the ultimate benefit of His creatures. Allah SWT made mutah for the benefit of all mankind, but it is the Shias who accept it and are blessed by it. Alhamdulillah

1st. Ofcourse you don't mean me.

2nd. Mutah is marriage. Why doesn't everyone talk about his marital life with his/her wife/husband, or past experiences after divorce or so? Because marriage stays between the two. Temporary or not temporary, experience is to be stayed between the two.

(bismillah)

(salam)

^ You've convinced me, brother. I'm gonna shorten my mutah experience and not tell anything romantic. :)

You just did so in your story haha :D

Anyhow, your story among others is one of the reasons I like converts more than born-Shias (no offence intended here), because they almost always more devout and dedicated. I wish you all the best in raising your family Inshallah.

Don't jump the gun bro, Sister Hameedeh's husband is a born-Shia and he appeared to be such a sincere Momin as well.

Again no offense intended, born-Shias are coming with a legacy of their ancestors being Muslims too, so its an added hasanat if they are practicing momin since Islam is running in blood as well as in brains. Revert or Born, both kind of Muslims are worth more than the gold in friendship once they are practicing Momins. Obviously as far as having a high status in front of Allah, blood lines do not matter at all, the only criterion there is "taqwa".

(bismillah)

(salam)

Alhamdulillah, we were at the same university and had two classes together, so we would talk to each other before and after our classes. I was a Christian and found out he was a Muslim.

Sister Hameedeh, mashAllah Allah bless you that you found such a practicing momin. You must have done really good to be rewarded with such a nice companion. As far as identity, I think I know your husband.. I won't say more bcause that would reveal my identity... But your husband is one of the finest Momins I've known.

Edited by Waiting for HIM