Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ruq

Mutah Experiences

Rate this topic

On 1/18/2012 at 0:22 PM, Waiting for HIM said:

Don't jump the gun bro, Sister Hameedeh's husband is a born-Shia and he appeared to be such a sincere Momin as well.

Again no offense intended, born-Shias are coming with a legacy of their ancestors being Muslims too, so its an added hasanat if they are practicing momin since Islam is running in blood as well as in brains. Revert or Born, both kind of Muslims are worth more than the gold in friendship once they are practicing Momins. Obviously as far as having a high status in front of Allah, blood lines do not matter at all, the only criterion there is "taqwa".

Sister Hameedeh, mashAllah Allah bless you that you found such a practicing momin. You must have done really good to be rewarded with such a nice companion. As far as identity, I think I know your husband.. I won't say more bcause that would reveal my identity... But your husband is one of the finest Momins I've known.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I'm sure you don't know my husband because we don't live anywhere near you, whoever you are. 

(bismillah)

(salam)

Alhamdulillah, we were at the same university and had two classes together, so we would talk to each other before and after our classes. I was a Christian and found out he was a Muslim. He explained that Muslims don't date, but if they want they can get married temporarily. He said later they can marry permanently OR break their temporary marriage IF they can't get along. He never tried to hold hands, hug or kiss me, so I knew he was a complete gentleman. His piety was impressive, and this made me more interested in him and his beliefs. I felt that I could trust him and he would never harm me.

He shared a house off campus with three other guys, and I lived in the woman's dorm with another girl. He and I used to go for a walk and just talk, to get away from our roommates. We set the time of our mut'ah marriage as four years. We thought this would be long enough for both of us to earn our bachelor degree. Four years made me feel secure that he was not just using me for a few days or a few weeks. I'm sure that if he had wanted a shorter time, less than one year, I would have been reluctant to marry him by mut'ah. We both agreed on the four years time limit and everything was good. On the weekends we began looking for an apartment. After six months of mut'ah marriage, we found a place near the campus and started living together.

Our life became really pleasant. I no longer had to say goodbye in the evening and watch him walk away. We walked to the university in the morning and came back to the apartment for lunch. We went to the university in the afternoon and came back later. We had homework to do, of course. We had chores to get done, but it wasn't difficult because we helped each other. We cooked dinner together and saved half of it to eat for lunch the next day. After dinner we would sit and talk about anything we wanted, but usually it was about Islam.

Sometimes we would discuss the Bible and the Qur'an. He was always patient to answer questions that I had about Islam. He translated some of the writings of Dr. Ali Shariati for me. I particularly liked his translation of the Four Prisons of Man, because it was not like anything I had read before. Later on, we bought his Hajj book and I thoroughly enjoyed reading that in English. One day I was ready to say my shahada and after I repeated the words, he took me to the sink and taught me how to take ablution. Then he taught me how to pray. Elahy shukr!

To make a long story short, we were married permanently and now we have three sweet kids, mashAllah. If my experience sounds like a fairy tale, I can only say that Alhamdulillah, it was, because my husband was a momin. Ok, that is all. Don't ask me any personal questions! I've said too much already. I want to remain anonymous at ShiaChat! I just wanted to explain to those who don't believe in mut'ah that it is halal and is a blessing for couples.

This story was beautiful! (I can't emphasise more on how much I was moved by it) You truly deserve to be called Ummul Shiachatters! :D

On 1/18/2012 at 3:21 PM, Khadim uz Zahra said:

This story was beautiful! (I can't emphasise more on how much I was moved by it) You truly deserve to be called Ummul Shiachatters! :D

(bismillah)

(salam)

brother, thank you for the compliment. I almost deleted my post, due to worry that I offended anyone. Then I saw people clicked the Like This button, so I didn't delete it. Now it is too late for me to delete it, because you quoted the whole thing. :blush:

On 1/18/2012 at 4:29 PM, hameedeh said:

(bismillah)

(salam)

brother, thank you for the compliment. I almost deleted my post, due to worry that I offended anyone. Then I saw people clicked the Like This button, so I didn't delete it. Now it is too late for me to delete it, because you quoted the whole thing. :blush:

I don't think there is anything in there to offend anyone but, if you still want to delete it, I can delete my post as well (you can tell me through a PM).

(bismillah)

(salam)

First time heard of good Mut'ah experience. To be honest and with no offence towards any muslim girls, but I have never had good experience about them regarding relationship no matter how good man I have to be to them. That's why I only rely especially now only in Allah (SWT) to find good spouse.

Another thing is that I have never had a chance to do Mut'ah, so very difficult to say anything about it :D

Edited by sayedamir2000

Guest EndlessEndeavor

Didn't know it was this common, even among the users of the forum, always assumed it was a somewhat taboo subject for shias too?

Why is something halal taboo? It most certainly shouldn't be.

^

please quote my full post to be fair

NB: I will try to post as much as your posts to qualify as a scholar.

It comes across as people from india are better.....perhaps I judged the post wrong from the ugly remark you made to another sister on here.

^

just curious did your father agree to it?

I am a guy by the way and I haven't actually practised Mut'ah myself. Even thought the practise is Islamically valid, I was simply looking at the issue from an objective perspective and sharing my view that it makes sense.

Again, Mut'ah doesn't have to be physical and exploitative but is definately worth considering in view of the mass epidemic of failed marriages we are witnessing in our supposedly Muslim communities.

Females are obviousely more vulnerable here but they would be expected to exercise caution. Just because Mut'ah is beneficial it shouldn't mean they contract it with just about any male. It is often easy to spot the idiots, frauds and retards among men in our communities who abuse this practise and due diligence and background checks would hopefully seperate the mo'min/pious guys from the fasiq/corrupt ones.

Edited by Transient

Unfortuntely, most Shia families think of their young daughters, and especially if they are pretty, as products that they own and not as independent human beings that they have responsibilities toward and the most important of those responsibilities is doing whatever possible to assist them in preserving their deen. They know that if they allow their daughters to do mutah or even permenamt marriage before they secure their dunya out of it then their wealth will be decreased and / or their reputation amoung the other jahil people in the community and they will lose their one time shot to grab a big treasure from the guy unfortunate enoughto walk into.the trap. I think until people and families accept that marriage was created by Allah(swa) to protect us from corruption and not as a trading game that people play with their daughters not much will change.

do you have a daughter?