Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Seeker_Of_God

Question About Salat

Rate this topic

Sallam everyone,

I have a question about salat Nafilah . I dnot now how to spell it in english. Salatal-nawful (i hope you all understand what I mean to say).

Can you all provide me links regarding it. I know about the timing, but not about the specifics . . .i looked at Ayatollah Sistani but only about timing and not about how... like how many rakats. but i need links or sourcees, for my freind, so that is important...

s

sallam everyone, mayu you all be blessed your help.

In The Name of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, The Most Beneficent, The Most Merciful.

Ok, There are 2 Raka'at Nawafil for Fajr, 8 for Zohr, 8 for Asar, 2 when sitting for Isha and I have forgotten about the number of Raka'at for Maghrib.

The Nawafil are just done like normal prayers except one difference which is that like for example, Zuhr has 8 Raka'at of Nawafil but you don't pray all the 8 in one go in one Salah. You have to pray Nawafil in 2 Raka'at each os for Zohr you should pray 4 Salahs each of two raka'at in order to make up 8.

INSHALLAH, I have been helpful! :D

(salam)

Nawafil salat (supererogatory prayers) are optional recommended prayers that are highly emphasised by the Ahlulbayt (as) after of course, establishing the wajib

(obligatory) prayers.

I will confirm the timings just incase, even though you already :)

- 2 rakat nawafil of fajr before wajib salat of fajr

- 8 rakat nawafil of Zuhr before wajib salat of zuhr

- 8 rakat nawafil of asr before wajib salat of asr

- 4 rakat nawafil of maghrib after wajib salat of maghrib

- 2 rakat nawafil of isha after wajib salat of Isha (In sitting position)

- 11 Rakat of Salat-ul-Layl (From midnight till the Adhan for Fajr prayers) Here is a good link for Salatul Layl, which goes through it step by step: http://www.duas.org/pdfs/tahajjud.pdf

The way you pray nawafil is in sets of 2 rakat, so take 8 rakat nawafil of zuhr for example. It would be 2 + 2 + 2 + 2. So after every 2 rakat, you sit for tashahhud and salam.

You may recite any surahs in these rakat, though there are recommended ones for certain salats.

Hope that helps :)

(wasalam)

Edited by Labbayk

Salamun Alykom Brother,

There is a certain time for each nafilah..

http://www.duas.org/mustnafioth.htm

There are different views on times for nafilah layl salat.

I will post the part with description of times from duas.org:

The timings of daily Nafilah prayers

776. The Zuhr Nafilah is offered before Zuhr prayers. Its time is from the commencement of the time of Zuhr, up to the time when the shadow of indicator equals 2/7th of its length. For example, if an indicator is 7 yards long, and the shadow appearing after Zuhr reaches 2 yards, the Nafilah time would end. He should now offer Zuhr prayers.

777. The Asr Nafilah are offered before Asr prayers, and its time is till the moment when the shadow of an indicator appearing after Zuhr, reaches of 4/7th of its length.

In case a person wishes to offer Zuhr and Asr Nafilah after their recommended time, he can offer the Zuhr Nafilah after Zuhr prayers, and the Asr Nafilah after Asr prayers, but as a precaution, he will not make niyyat of Ada or Qadha.

778. The Maghrib Nafilah should be offered after Maghrib prayers, and one should make an effort to offer it in time after Maghrib. However, if one delays offering Maghrib Nafilah till redness in the western sky disappears, then it would be better to offer Isha prayers at that moment.

779. The time for Isha Nafilah is from the completion of Isha prayers till midnight. It is better to offer it immediately, after Isha prayers.

780. The Fajr Nafilah is offered before the Fajr prayers, and its time commences when Namaz-e-Shab has been completed, till the time of Namaz-e-Fajr draws near. But if someone delays it till redness is seen in the eastern sky, then it is better to pray namaz of Fajr.

781. The time for Namaz-e-Shab is from midnight till Adhan for Fajr prayers, and it is better to offer it nearer the time of Fajr prayers.

782. A traveller (i.e. one on a journey), and a person who finds it difficult to offer Namaz-e-Shab after midnight, can offer it before midnight.

Here is a very nice link from al-islam.org for nafilah layl times and method (online book):

http://www.al-islam.org/salatallail/

Enjoy. I hope this helps.

salam brother

this is the reply to an email i sent to sayed sistani about nawfilah....

بسمه تعالى

There are many recommended prayers which are generally called Nafilah, but more stress has been laid on the daily recommended prayers.

-
The daily recommended prayers are as under:

It is as follows 8 Rak’ats for Zuhr prayers, 8 Rak’ats for Asr prayers, 4 Rak’ats for Maghrib prayers, 2 Rak’ats for Isha prayers (offered in sitting posture), 11 Rak’ats for midnight prayers and 2 Rak’ats for Fajr prayers. Since Isha Nafilah is offered in sitting posture, its two Rak’ats are counted as one. The total number of the Rak’ats of these recommended prayers is 34, but on Fridays the number of the Rak’ats of these recommended prayers is 38 because 4 Rak’ats are added to the Nafilah of Zuhr and Asr. (All the recommended prayers are offered in 2 Rak’ats).

Out of the 11 Rak’ats of the night Nafilah 8 Rak’ats should be offered with the intention of the night Nafilah, 2 Rak’ats with the intention of Shaf'a prayers, and 1 Rak’at with the intention of Witr prayers.

Night Nafilah is one of the most important recommended prayers on which the Holy Qur’an and the Islamic narration have laid great emphasis. It has a deep effect on people’s hearts and minds making them pure, educating them and solving their problems. Certain disciplines have been mentioned in famous supplication books for these recommended prayers especially for the Qunut of Witr. These disciplines are good to observe yet one can offer the night Nafilah without observing them. He can offer those prayers in the same way as one offers his daily prayers. He who cannot, for some reasons, get up late at night and offer these prayers, may offer them before going to bed.

All Nafilah prayers can be offered in sitting posture, but the recommended precaution in this case is that 2 Rak’ats of Nafila prayers offered in the sitting posture are reckoned to be equal to 1 Rak’at. For example, if a person wishes to offer Zuhr Nafila which consists of 8 Rak’ats, in a sitting posture, he should offer 16 Rak’ats.

May
Allah
grant you success.

English@alsistani.org

Istifta
Section

Office of Grand Ayatollah Sistani

sayed ammar nakshawani also has a really good lecture where he mentions this salah i suggest you listen to it, the link is

hope this information helped you ....