Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Please Help, Sermon Of Imam Zainul Abideen (as)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I'm planning on doing an audio recording where I recite the sermon of Imam Ali ibn Al-Hussain (as) in damascus infront of yazeed (la), The only problem is that I can't seem to find the correct ending for the sermon! The recitations on youtube have different endings, and the texts I found also have different endings.. Some recitations have parts that I can't find in the texts... This is so frustrating!

I want to use a reliable and true source to recite the sermon from. Does anyone know where this can be found (in arabic). I would be forever greatfull if you could post the entire sermon in arabic here!

Also, I'd really appreciate it if someone can shed some light on why there are different endings. o_O

For example, some end on "Ana ibnu sayidatul nissa'".. while others include "ana ibnul tohril batul, ana ibnu bid'ati alrasool, ana bnu khadijatil kubra".. also there are some differences in the parts pertaining to Imam Hussein (as) (some texts/recitaions I found are missing this part completely)..

PS: the "texts" I'm referring to are posts I have found on the internet.. not texts from books..

(salam)

Edited by MAK
  • Forum Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

Sorry that I don't have the Arabic. Until someone answers you, look at the text in English in Chapter 66, Yazid Meets al-Sajjad (‘a).

I am the son of Fatima al-Zahra’ (‘a), the Head of all Women, the son of Khadija al-Kubra. I am the son of the one with whose blood the sand mixed. I am the son of the one who was slaughtered at Karbala’. I am the son of the one for whom the jinns wept in the dark and for whom the birds in the air cried”.

Maqtal al-Husain: Martrydom Epic of Imam al-Husain ('a). http://www.al-islam.org/maqtal/

• Advanced Member

The plot thickens..

When announcing the 7 things, some texts/recitations include Sayida Fatimatiul Zahra' (as), and counts Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain as one, as the two "sibts", and includes the Mahdi (aj) as the seventh..

Some exclude Sayeda Fatima (as), and count Imam Hassan and Imam Hussein as two seperate parts.. And the link sister Hameedeh provided mentions neither Sayeda Fatima (as) nor the Mahdi(aj), leaving only six persons accounted for if we are two account the two sibts as seperate posts..

I officially hate my life

Edited by MAK
  • Forum Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

Right now I am leaving to go to our Arba'een meeting. :cry: If nobody gave you a link to Arabic text, I will ask my relative to find it for you. InshaAllah

salam brother i dont know if this is going to be helpful but i found the speech in arabic but its audio not text..... its probably not useful to you but oh well ill still share the link with you :)

inshallah you find what you need and good on you for wanting to do something like this.. :)

http://translate.goo...uZQvP-qGA-pShzQ

Edited by muslimah1
  • Forum Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

@muslimah1: Thank you for the audio! I'm sure many people wanted to hear that.

@MAK: My relative said the Arabic and the Farsi text is on this page: http://www.aviny.com/news/83/12/10/06.aspx

• Advanced Member

Thanks sisters!

Both links are helpfull :)

However, there is still confusion and inconsitencies (for example, the text in arabic and farsi that sister Hameedeh provided also only accounts for 6 personalities, not 7. In addition to including a part about Imam Hussein that I didn't find in any of the other recitations and texts.)

So here's what I'm going to do inshallah, in fear of excluding anything, I'll "stich" together all the different endings to form one single encompassing ending. And as for the 7 personalities, I'll include both Sayeda Fatima (as) and Imam Mahdi (aj), and regard Imam Hassan (as) and Imam Hussein (as) as one post. It seems to be the only reasonable thing to do. Don't you think?

Edited by MAK