Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Chipkali

Bumping In To A Non-mahram Hijab-less

Rate this topic

Salaam alaikum everyone,

I realize that this topic may be borderline "astaghfirullah" and if its too personal to share then I completely understand.

I was curious to know if any sisters have accidentally come across a nah-mahram without their hijab on. How did you deal with it? When you saw this person again, how was your interaction? If this has not happened to you, what would you do if it did?

Or for brothers, have you accidentally seen a hijabi without hijab on? Same questions apply.

Yeah it's happened twice for me. Once with my male who I only see once a year, and once with the neighbour. At that specific moment it was awkward but it passed. If the person isn't religious then they'll probably forget the incident..

The way I dealt with my neighbour was closing the door in right in his face lol. My mum then explained that I'm a religious girl and all. He though I was younger for my age. He's an old man anyways so I don't feel awkward or shy if I see him. With my cousin I was very young when this happened, around 10 so I forgot about it..

At least I'm not alone. So this happened to me yesterday! But it was with someone who I see quite often (like at least twice a week) and I'm just sooo so embarrassed that I don't know what to do. How will I ever face this person again? What do I say? Do I ignore it completely and be normal? Or do I ignore him completely? But wouldn't that make it worse? Plus, we're involved in the same community projects most of the time, so that won't even work.

I actually can't stop thinking about it. Even though it was an accident, I just feel terrible about the whole thing. And I'm not sure what to do to make myself feel better.

I go to an all-women's uni and I live on campus in a dorm. My dorm is at the end of the hall and people hardly walk past so I was on my bed and didn't have my hijab on even though the door was open (my roommate likes to keep the door open for some reason.) So yeah I was sitting there and suddenly a girl on my hall comes to my door with her boyfriend in tow and introduces me to him like there's nothing wrong and holds a small conversation. I'm shocked and I feel naked but I kind of act like normal. Afterwards I was devastated. I was angry with her though because I know I've explained to her and everyone that I wear hijab around men that aren't related to me so I don't know why she didn't stop when she saw I didn't have my hijab on. Grr.

I saw him a couple of times after that and he was probably wondering why I suddenly had a scarf on but whatever. I've sworn to not take of my hijab, even in my own room (with the door open which is almost always), until 12am when guys aren't allowed in the halls anymore. That sucks but oh well.

The most awkward moment was when I was going to my basement and I had my hijab a little loose so half the hait was showing and suddenly my neighbour came (he's about 2 years older than me) and I totally panicked. But alhamdolillah,the guy was nice ,when he saw me he lowered his gaze although he wasn't a muslim so that really did me happy :) Not happy but like it was kind of "cool" (can't fins the exact word) that he respected me and didn't look up because he knew I was a hijabi.

I do care to wear hijab infront of namahram ppl and also close namahram relatives, since My sister got married , her husband had never seen me without complete hijab and also I had never talked to him so much. once I was going to my friend's wedding and i had worn a kind of cocktail dresse, i went out of my room and i was in such rush to get ready that i didnt see my brother in law standing in the living room, when i saw him, i got shocked and couldnt even move , I was just looking at him and he was looking at me... :blink: then i ran away so fast while i was wearing very high heel shoes and I couldnt even walk properly,

later on, i asked my sister that if he had seen me or not? she said that he had seen you completely !!!! :squeez: I was feeling so shy after that event .later on I forgot that matter, but I am sure he didnt forgot cuz he undertood whatever he did't know about me, like color of hairs, skin...

if it happens with far relatives it is not really annoying but it is really awful if it happens with such a close ones. :blush:

Edited by Najva

This happened to me a couple of times when I think the coast is clear.

And then BAM - a random guy decides to walk into the ladies section lol.

But it's happened with people I've never seen before and people I see all of the time.

Of course it's really awkward but we all usually pretend it never happened.

Simple as that :D

This happened to me a couple of times when I think the coast is clear.

And then BAM - a random guy decides to walk into the ladies section lol.

LOOOL

and then there are the creepy geo reporters who come to the islamic center during the first 10 days of muharrum, and stand on the stage in the mens section to film maatam, and simultaneously stare into the ladies section. #fail

Edited by haidernyc

LOOOL

and then there are the creepy geo reporters who come to the islamic center during the first 10 days of muharrum, and stand on the stage in the mens section to film maatam, and simultaneously stare into the ladies section.

Ahahahaha!

I hate those guys with the cameras at the juloos

I'm like PLEASE DON'T RECORD US lol

I cried about it this morning lol. But I haven't told anyone yet. I still feel super awkward. I feel like I've been exposed or something. As if someone saw me naked. It's such a bad feeling!

Aw :(

Don't be upset, accidents happen.

Guys sometimes kind of forget everything anyway lol

have you ever looked at the juloos pictures in urdu newpapers? the reporters always try to take pictures of pretty aunties and girls :blink:

Guys sometimes kind of forget everything anyway lol

lool thats true. theres no need to worry. act like nothing happened.

It happened a couple times with my cousins, when they come over and I don't know they're over, and I just wander into my brother's room or living room. It's usually not that awkward. I walked in on them a couple of times while they we're gaming and they didn't even notice me.

Last week at the gym I almost had a heart attack I was running on the treadmill and I saw one of those manly lesbians who looked like a dude and almost fell on my face, I had a mini freak out I remember thinking what should I cover first my head or legs or arms! A minute later I realized she had breasts. Thank God.

Usually, it shud be like this, if a boy sees you and if he is a momin, he should just disappear or act like he didnt even see you and look at the pretty painting that doesnt exist :P LOL if he is not a Muslim he doesnt even care.

ppl shud remember if a girl does purdah then they shud just do an "About turn" and leave that place.

salam

i hate when someone sees me without my hijab its the worst feeling in the world!

once i was at home and my non-mahram cousin came and i was full speaking to him normal asking about his mum then i realised he was looking at me funny his face was like what the hell is wrong with this girl... so i slowly touched my head and realised i didnt have hijab on :wacko:

i just scream and ran inside loll. i just cried and cried and cried read koran then hamdellah relaxed abit haha

when ever someone sees me without hijab i automatically reach for my koran... it comforts me :)

But I'm glad that my cousin feared Allah more than the wrath of my grandmother over the tea cups lol

LOLLLLL thats so funny!! i can Imagen how angry your grandmother would have been over the tea cups my grandmother would have went crazy if someone broke her tea cups hahhaah

LOOOL

and then there are the creepy geo reporters who come to the islamic center during the first 10 days of muharrum, and stand on the stage in the mens section to film maatam, and simultaneously stare into the ladies section. #fail

I know this is sister's forum but i had to say it. I've kicked a couple of camera men out of our center due to the same reason.

Amazingly nobody spoke up from ladies section about it. Finally I managed to ignite my female cousin enough to next time yell at center's management if happens again. She did and it's all cool now.

What more, they ran the supposedly ARY video on Voice of America... So it was for political consumption favoring them, so I finally quit going to that stupid center. I could literally puke at Kufi Shias who this time belonged to Paki-land..

By the way, reading that you sisters are so serious about your hijab and Islam is very heart warming. InshAllah all of you will make wonderful moms whose kids would become the soldiers of Mahdi (as) inshAllah.

Edited by Waiting for HIM

Yep. It happened to me on hajj, of all places!

I was in the hotel room with my parent's, thinking we had locked the door. But the door didn't used to shut properly, so sometimes, despite having 'locked' it, it wouldn't actually be locked. Anyway, I think I was busy going through my suitcase, whilst my parent's were lying down and the next thing I knew was one of the workers walking in as bold as brash, looking around for a minute and then toddling off as if nothing had happened!! Needless to say, I was rather incensed. He knew perfectly well that there were people staying in the room, so even if he had to come in for i'm not sure what, he could have at least knocked! Anyway, I got rather upset over it all, but at least my dad went and had words and told him to next time, knock!

By the way, reading that you sisters are so serious about your hijab and Islam is very heart warming. InshAllah all of you will make wonderful moms whose kids would become the soldiers of Mahdi (as) inshAllah.

i mean this really sincerely (not flirty or anything): thanks for making me smile by saying that, bro :)

Ok, this is a females section but since she also asked men if this had happened to them, I would suppose she does not mind me posting here.

All I wanted to say is you ladies are WONDERFUL! Really, you care about your hijab so much and that is just BRILLIANT and INSPIRING! And crying over something that was just a mistake and not even intentional, that is just AWESOME and shows how DEDICATED you people are! Like Waiting For Him said,

[/

all of you will make wonderful moms whose kids would become the soldiers of Mahdi (as) inshAllah.

Those lucky guys :rolleyes:

what does that mean?

I hate this south Asian practice of women jumping to hide behind doors, trees, lampposts, etc. when they notice a man looking at them. I once visited my village, was walking along with my father and his distant cousin who lived in that village. I casually turned around, and saw a burka-clad women jump behind a tree. She had everything covered, including her face, eyes, hands, etc, and she still jumped like a rabbit behind the nearest tree! It was disgusting and embarassing for me. She was the wife of my father's distant cousing by the way, and the cousin happens to run a madrasa.

Sorry for the OT post! I greatly admire our hijabi women, and have alhamdulillah, never looked at a hijabi by mistake.

Thanks brother Marbles. I think I will do just that. Even though I STILL feel very awkward and almost shameful. And will have to force myself to be "normal." I think that is the best way to go about it

Ok, this is a females section but since she also asked men if this had happened to them, I would suppose she does not mind me posting here.

All I wanted to say is you ladies are WONDERFUL! Really, you care about your hijab so much and that is just BRILLIANT and INSPIRING! And crying over something that was just a mistake and not even intentional, that is just AWESOME and shows how DEDICATED you people are!

^Well that made me feel a little better lol. I was just so caught off guard. And the worst part is, when he saw me, I FROZE in utter shock for a good two seconds. It felt like the longest 2 seconds of my life. May the Lord forgive me and forgive him. Poor guy lol.

I told his female cousin today what had happened. She says something similar has happened with her too. I also told two of my own cousins, who simply made fun of me. But that's okay. Overall, I feel better than I did this morning. But I think I will forever be traumatized by this horrid event.

Thanks for sharing everyone!

Thanks brother Marbles. I think I will do just that. Even though I STILL feel very awkward and almost shameful. And will have to force myself to be "normal." I think that is the best way to go about it

^Well that made me feel a little better lol. I was just so caught off guard. And the worst part is, when he saw me, I FROZE in utter shock for a good two seconds. It felt like the longest 2 seconds of my life. May the Lord forgive me and forgive him. Poor guy lol.

I told his female cousin today what had happened. She says something similar has happened with her too. I also told two of my own cousins, who simply made fun of me. But that's okay. Overall, I feel better than I did this morning. But I think I will forever be traumatized by this horrid event.

Thanks for sharing everyone!

Know what, if I was a woman, I would like to be just like you and the other BRILLIANT sisters here! :P MASHALLAH at you people. Us males here should learn a bit of religion from you people! And that crying part really shook me!

^^^ yeah, reading this, don't you think, the future of Shia is in good hands...

Someone said, give me good mothers, I'll give you good nation. Made me thinking about an event during the time of Ay. Khomenei, when he was being exiled from Iran, he made a pledge to people for success, and some made fun of him saying that he did not have enough support, and he said he was talking to those who are in the reham of their mothers, Walla, 17 years later, the same generation which was in the wombs of their mothers, made the revolution successful considering that, this revolution had the brains of ulema, and hand, legs and blood of teenagers.

Way to go sisters, may Allah increase your eiman.

Edited by Waiting for HIM

It's an awkward feeling but you eventually get over cause it's an accident and not intentional. So don;t be too hard on yourself.

I once heard of story were a girl who had just came out of the bathroom with only one bath towel around her body bumped into her brothers friend while he was passing by the bathroom.

Because of the amount of details of the girl's figure this guy was exposed to, he ended up asking for her hand and they eventually got married!!

I am so sad :(

You people are at such a high level of jihad! Things are strange here - when you're out you can have perfect hijab but that's not guaranteed at your own house. Parents nowadays aren't that strict at least when it comes to our or their cousins..This is the first time I am hearing of such a thing of being so guilty of facing a na mahram hijab-lessly..its kinda double standard that they tell you to make your headscarf proper when you're out but when someone comes to see them, they call you in front of him!

I feel like crying for my lack of it :( :( :( What do I do??

loooooooooooooooooooool :lol:

desi women= overdramatic x 1000

i remember reading an old thread of SD's about how absentmindedly complimenting a desi (female) coworker made her go nuts, gasping frantically and all. honestly, people watch too many movies, and read too many chick flicks. sometimes its just accidental eye contact, and they dont stop. "ohmigod, he was like STARING at me!!"

people are weird. .__.

Thanks to Star Plus.

It's an awkward feeling but you eventually get over cause it's an accident and not intentional. So don;t be too hard on yourself.

I once heard of story were a girl who had just came out of the bathroom with only one bath towel around her body bumped into her brothers friend while he was passing by the bathroom.

Because of the amount of details of the girl's figure this guy was exposed to, he ended up asking for her hand and they eventually got married!!

It seems to be the watered down version of the mentality which compels a girl to marry her own rapist. If what you said was the sole reason for their getting married, then this is sick.