Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abbas.

Imran Khan Vs Pervez Musharraf

Rate this topic

Salams

For the sake of Pakistan's future and for the sake of an intellectual argument, can you kindly share your thoughts on who is better and why between these two political opponents? Who do you think deserves to be given an opportunity to run the affairs of Pakistan and most importantly why?

Imran Khan

possitive: Shaukat Khanum Hospital, University, Sincere to Pakistan

Negatives: Dictatorial attitude (He was a dictator when he was Captain of cricket team, and tried to ruin Waqar's career and practically he did)

Pro Taliban

Staunch Wahabi

Overall: A sincere Pakistani who is a pro taliban staunch wahabi with a dictatorial attitude is a question mark to all Suunis and Shais.

Musharraf:

positive: Sincere to Pakistan, beleives on freedom of Speech (that is why all the media channels were able to bash out their message against him)

Gave Karachi the right amount of money and adequate support for its uplift.

Not against any specific sect or religion

Negatives: Did not stop Para Chinar War

Formed a corrupt team of politicians (Chaudry Brothers. Disgraced Sheikh etc) (But whom you can trust. A SVP of CitiCorp turned out to be corrupt

when he had a chance. Disgrace)

Overall: A sincere secular muslim who is not with Taliban and does not hate any specific sect or religion

I will not vote for both of them as they are not approved by Agha Sistani's Wakeel of my city. Only Imam e Zamana AS can authorize someone to rule a country or territory and during HIS (as) occultaion, a Marjaa can authorize on his behalf.

Therefore, I would suggest brothers and sisters to choose a candidate after proper consulation from a Wakeel.

JazakAllah

I will not vote for both of them as they are not approved by Agha Sistani's Wakeel of my city. Only Imam e Zamana AS can authorize someone to rule a country or territory and during HIS (as) occultaion, a Marjaa can authorize on his behalf.

Therefore, I would suggest brothers and sisters to choose a candidate after proper consulation from a Wakeel.

JazakAllah

But brother, this voting system is all about independant thought process and the right of each and every citizen to select a leader/representative. I never knew that our scholars/marjas expected us to follow their rulings when it comes to vote for political leaders......

Imran Khan

possitive: Shaukat Khanum Hospital, University, Sincere to Pakistan

Negatives: Dictatorial attitude (He was a dictator when he was Captain of cricket team, and tried to ruin Waqar's career and practically he did)

Pro Taliban

Staunch Wahabi

Overall: A sincere Pakistani who is a pro taliban staunch wahabi with a dictatorial attitude is a question mark to all Suunis and Shais.

Musharraf:

positive: Sincere to Pakistan, beleives on freedom of Speech (that is why all the media channels were able to bash out their message against him)

Gave Karachi the right amount of money and adequate support for its uplift.

Not against any specific sect or religion

Negatives: Did not stop Para Chinar War

Formed a corrupt team of politicians (Chaudry Brothers. Disgraced Sheikh etc) (But whom you can trust. A SVP of CitiCorp turned out to be corrupt

when he had a chance. Disgrace)

Overall: A sincere secular muslim who is not with Taliban and does not hate any specific sect or religion

JazakAllah

I would like to know why everyone calls Imran Khan pro-Taliban. Isn't he just trying to end the cycle of destruction shown below?

USA Drone strikes--> Unnamed innocents die--> Retaliation fueled by anger--> terrorist attacks-->Justification for more Drone strikes--> repetition.

Did I miss something?

The only flaw I find in him is that he is often ambiguous on his stances, and sometimes even silent. He needs to get rid of this bad habit.

Quote: "But brother, this voting system is all about independant thought process and the right of each and every citizen to select a leader/representative. I never knew that our scholars/marjas expected us to follow their rulings when it comes to vote for political leaders......"

Brother or Sister, Asslamoalaikum wa Rehmat Allah.

May Allah (SWT) increase our knowledge.

I was also not aware of this ruling few years back. But as per Shia Jurisprudence, We are "bound" (must) to get permission from Marjaa's wakeel for every matter which relates to ruling the general public. For eg, Getting a job in Customs dept., Judiciary, Income Tax

The whole idea is that Imam e Zamana (AJTF) is the only ruler of this world and only HE (as) can authorize someone.

http://www.sadiqhasan.com/advancefiqh.shtml

I think you understand urdu. I am posting a link of Sadiq Sahib's duroos which he delivered in late 1980s. One of them describes the ruling of Ulema regarding the matter stated above.

Jazak Allah and Iltemaas e Dua

Quote: I would like to know why everyone calls Imran Khan pro-Taliban. Isn't he just trying to end the cycle of destruction shown below?

USA Drone strikes--> Unnamed innocents die--> Retaliation fueled by anger--> terrorist attacks-->Justification for more Drone strikes--> repetition.

Did I miss something?" Unquote

It is ironic that on one hand Imran Khan is trying to do all this in the name of Islam, be it saving lives or stopping drone attacks, but on the other hand he had such a corrupt life till early 200s that very few Pakistani public figures had.

Sorry brother, I see a Munafiq who is just using drone attacks, innocent life loss etc as a trump card as he knows that majority of poor people are hurt because of this. Look how all the "lotas" are gathering around him. All these munafiqs are gathering around another munafiq.

On the other hand, Musharraf, is at least a straight forward person, although I disagree what he ordered to do in Lal Masjid. or Cheif Justice matter

I was also not aware of this ruling few years back. But as per Shia Jurisprudence, We are "bound" (must) to get permission from Marjaa's wakeel for every matter which relates to ruling the general public. For eg, Getting a job in Customs dept., Judiciary, Income Tax

I humbly disagree with this scholarly ruling (if any) and would request detailed explanation from them and their wakeels so that it makes much more sense. Afterall, why do I need a Marja's wakeel to give me permission whether I can work in customs, judiciary or income tax department? The Marjas' Wakeels would most likely not have a clue of the set of skills required for these kind of jobs.

On the other hand, Musharraf, is at least a straight forward person, although I disagree what he ordered to do in Lal Masjid. or Cheif Justice matter

I am still confused regarding that Lal Masjid and the Cheif Justice Matter. If I was the Ruler of Pakistan back then, I would have also exhausted diplomatic solutions (like did Musharraf) followed by Khallay. As for Chief Justice, why should I care if He is a Chief? The constitution of Pakistan dictates that if I receive a complaint (allegation) against the chief justice of my country, I should refer it to a certain body (Supreme council?). So, as an honest man, if i receive a complaint and chose to forward it to the S-Council, why should I get punished for that?

I humbly disagree with this scholarly ruling (if any) and would request detailed explanation from them and their wakeels so that it makes much more sense. Afterall, why do I need a Marja's wakeel to give me permission whether I can work in customs, judiciary or income tax department? The Marjas' Wakeels would most likely not have a clue of the set of skills required for these kind of jobs.

I am still confused regarding that Lal Masjid and the Cheif Justice Matter. If I was the Ruler of Pakistan back then, I would have also exhausted diplomatic solutions (like did Musharraf) followed by Khallay. As for Chief Justice, why should I care if He is a Chief? The constitution of Pakistan dictates that if I receive a complaint (allegation) against the chief justice of my country, I should refer it to a certain body (Supreme council?). So, as an honest man, if i receive a complaint and chose to forward it to the S-Council, why should I get punished for that?

I respect your disagreement in this matter. I am no Aalim, therefore I would suggest you to consult one for detailed explanation. But one thing I must tell you, very humbly, from my so called (in)experience that the most learned, intellegent and hard working people I have found in my whole life belongs to Shia Clergy. Obviously not all of them, but there is a sizeable minority of Ulema who are extremely intellegent, and hard working and they obviously have the blessing of Imam e Zamana AS. And they are the one who reach the peaks of piety.

Regarding Lal Masjid, I used my thought process by referring to orders of Allah (SWT) that during a war dont kill children, women and old (I think there is an Ayat in Quran and a Hadith in this regard). Lal masjid matter could have been dealt like the matter of Kharjites during Nahrwan times.

Jazak Allah & Iletmaas e dua

I like Musharff more, Let's face it the Tehreek-E-Insaf party isn't even a real party. It sounds more like a celebrity rant with actors and singers building it's strength. In Musharff's time, atleast Pakistan got more developed. He brought in big time investors and foreign companies. I remember my favourite plate of fries was about 40rs, now it's 90rs.. Thanks to zardari :dry: He's a disgrace to Shia Islam.

(wasalam)

Edited by El Cid

From my limited knowledge it would be Pervaiz Musharaf. He has Pakistan's interest at heart and during his tenure sectarian killing of Shi'ah was noticeably reduced (esp during Muharram/Safar). Made a mistake with the Chief Justice situation then events conspired against him (massive outpouring of grief about Benazir Bhutto handed power to a corrupt, inept criminal by dint of assocation).

Imran Khan is a Wahabbi and that's not good for Shi'ah or Pakistan in general. I'm not gonna comment about his playboy past, we all make mistakes and Allah (SWT) is Most Merciful but right now he seems to be riding on a wave of support that, if it leads to him becoming leader, could come at a cost - zealot backing usually requires some payback.

ALI

Imran's street power comes from pro Taliban extremist wahabis and he is also front runner choice of establishment so in a nutshell imran may or may not be good for Pakistan's future but one thing is that imran's rule will be a nightmare of Shias of Pakistan.

Mushraf will be a far better ruler for shias and pakistanis in gereral Pakistan as a country was a lot better off under mushraf