Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
hamza1892

L Leave You Quran And Ahul Bayt..

Rate this topic

My friend (not a muslim, a history major) and I where discussing what happened after the death of the Prophet Mohammad. We both agreed that the Prophet said I leave two thing in this world the Holy Quran and my Ahul Bayt. and if you hang on these tightly you will never go astray" (paraphrasing). Then we came to a disagreement, he said Prophet Mohammad said that metaphorically and not literally. Meaning that the Quran was scatter over the ummah and not compiled as a book. He also stated that the Quran was compiled during the third Khalifa.

So how would i reply to him?

thanks

Hamza

not true....

as far as i know prophet complied the book by himself....

Allah ho alam

Actually Brother, I read in Al-Muraja'at (I think it is called) that it was complied by Ali Ibn Abu Talib (as) under the guide of the Prophet before his demies. In there, the Shia Scholar says something similar. But I wouldnt tell your friend that, because I am not 100% and I dont have any Hadiths ect to back it up :P

but Yes it is most definetly true that he said I leave behind the Quran and my Ahlul-Bayt (as). Its quite unfortuenate that our Sunni Brothers fail to realise it is in Sahih Muslim... One of thier two major books of Hadith, and according to my Imam at my Masjid who is a Hanafi Sunni and also a Scholar in Hadith. He said that both Sahih Muslim and Bukhari are 100% correct. So I still dont understand if a scholar himself says what is in Sahih Muslim and Bukhari are both 100% why the Sunni's say Prophet Muhammad (saws) said I leave behind my Sunnah -_-

its right here... Sahih Muslim Book 031, Number 5920: http://www.cmje.org/religious-texts/hadith/muslim/031-smt.php#031.5920

Your friend should know that there wasnt at the time a major need for the Quran to be compiled because Muhammad (saws) Imam Ali (as) and many other companions had memorized the whole Quran and some others had memorized some parts of it. If the Quran was not compiled in one book that still doesnt mean that he meant it metaphorically as he did infact leave them with the Quran because it was in their hearts... Preserved. He left them with the entire Qur'an.

wassalaam

(salam) (bismillah)

Nay, this is a glorious Quran,[85:21]

(Inscribed) in a Tablet Preserved! [85:22]

I just re read the post, I don't understand how "hold on to the Quran tightly" could have anything to do with the compilation of the Quran.

“We (Allah) have without doubt sent down the Message; We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).” (Surah Al Hijr 15:9)

Allah (swt) himself says that he is in charge of the preservation of the Holy Quran! Why would Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) ask the Ummah to take care of what Allah (swt) ASSURES he will take care of.

My friend (not a muslim, a history major) and I where discussing what happened after the death of the Prophet Mohammad. We both agreed that the Prophet said I leave two thing in this world the Holy Quran and my Ahul Bayt. and if you hang on these tightly you will never go astray" (paraphrasing). Then we came to a disagreement, he said Prophet Mohammad said that metaphorically and not literally. Meaning that the Quran was scatter over the ummah and not compiled as a book. He also stated that the Quran was compiled during the third Khalifa.

thanks

Hamza

Salaam

You you mean to say that your NON muslim friend thinks that Prophet Muhammad s.a.w meant that he is leaving only Quran for the guidance of Ummah. Ahle bait part was used metaphorically.

First of all non muslim history major cannot understand the religion of Islam so no wonder he comes up with such thought. Second, ask him then what does "hold on these two as they will no apart from each other till reach at the Kathur fond" explains!!?

Leaving only Quran for the Ummah is against the teaching of Quran and Logic. As he is history major and not quran major, that's why he labeled it in such way.

Prophet said I leave two thing in this world the Holy Quran and my Ahul Bayt. and if you hang on these tightly you will never go astray" (paraphrasing).

there is also one hadith which says quran and sunnah . as far as i understand these two hadiths have similar meaning because holy prophet said ahlul bayt in one hadith and sunnah in other hadith . the meaning of this hadith is follow the ahlul bayt for sunnah as after the death of holy prophet (pbuh) the people of the house of holy prophet (pbuh) was the source of learning sunnah of holy prophet (pbuh) for the people .

thanks

Hamza

I don't think there is agreement on this, I think I remember reading that sayed al-khu'i said that it had been complied into a book during the time of the Prophet (s), even the hadith in question says 'kitab Allah' - so some say it was already a book.

there is also one hadith which says quran and sunnah . as far as i understand these two hadiths have similar meaning because holy prophet said ahlul bayt in one hadith and sunnah in other hadith . the meaning of this hadith is follow the ahlul bayt for sunnah as after the death of holy prophet (pbuh) the people of the house of holy prophet (pbuh) was the source of learning sunnah of holy prophet (pbuh) for the people .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC4okSn2-ns&feature=channel_video_title

Quran and Ahle Bait. There is much than for just following them for Prophet's sunnah. As Allah s.w.t has purified them and they were free of sin, that is why prophet left them for us as guardian of book of Allah. In quran, it is mentioned that arabs used to argue with prophet s.a.w to bring other quran or to bring other verse and not this one but Allah told his prophet to inform them that this is word of Allah. Prophet s.a.w knew the nature of those arabs of his Ummah. It is a fact that habit changes but nature of human never changes. That is why Prophet insisted on holding on to both Quran along with Ahle Bait.