Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Replicant

Your Favourite Lines From Supplications

Rate this topic

"Sometimes you find requests are not immediately granted. Do not be disappointed. Fulfillment of desires rest in the true purpose or intention of the prayer. More often fulfillment is delayed because merciful Lord wants to bestow upon you suitable rewards. In the meantime bear patiently hardships, believing sincerely in His help. You will get better favours, because, unknowingly you may ask for things which are really harmful to you. Many of your requests, if granted, may bring eternal damnation. So at times, withholding fulfillment is a blessing in disguise."

-Ameerul Mu'mineen (as)

http://www.duas.org/qunoot.htm

i love what he says, it gives me hope.

Bro - how can you NOT put a :yaali: after that!!

(bismillah)

(salam)

Some extracts from Dua Abu Hamza by Imam Sajjad (as):

"11 All praise be to Allah alone Who answers me whenever I call on Him, الْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ الَّذِي أَدْعُوهُ فَيُجِيبُنِي 11

12 Although I am slow whenever He calls me! وَإنْ كُنْتُ بَطِيئاً حِينَ يَدْعُونِي 12

13 All praise be to Allah alone Who gives me whenever I ask Him, وَالْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ الَّذِي أَسْأَلُهُ فَيُعْطِينِي 13

14 Although I am close-fisted when He asks me for a loan! وَإنْ كُنْتُ بَخِيلاً حِينَ يَسْتَقْرِضُنِي 14

15 All praise be to Allah alone to Whom I call out, whenever I wish, for my need, وَالْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ الَّذِي أُنَادِيهِ كُلَّمَا شِئْتُ لِحَاجَتِي 15

16 And with Whom I secretly converse wherever I wish, without need for an intercessor, وَأَخْلُو بِهِ حَيْثُ شِئْتُ لِسِرِّي بِغَيْرِ شَفِيعٍ 16

17 And He fulfils my need! فَيَقْضِي لِي حَاجَتِي

24 All praise be to Allah alone Who has sought my friendship while He can dispense with me. وَالْحَمْدُ لِلّهِ الَّذِي تَحَبَّبَ إلَيَّ وَهُوَ غَنِيٌّ عَنِّي 24

60 I call upon You, O my Chief, with a tongue silenced by its sins! أَدْعُوكَ يَا سَيِّدِي بِلِسَانٍ قَدْ أَخْرَسَهُ ذَنْبُهُ 60

61 My Lord! I confide in You with a heart debased by its offenses! رَبِّ أُنَاجِيكَ بِقَلْبٍ قَدْ أَوْبَقَهُ جُرْمُهُ 61

62 I pray to You, O my Lord, with fear and desire, hopeful and fearful! أَدْعُوكَ يَا رَبِّ رَاهِباً رَاغِباً رَاجِياً خَائِفاً 62

63 Whenever I think of my sins, O my Master, I am fearful, إذَا رَأَيْتُ مَوْلايَ ذُنُوبِي فَزِعْتُ 63

64 But when I think of Your generosity, I am desirous (of Your pardon). وَإذَا رَأَيْتُ كَرَمَكَ طَمِعْتُ 64

65 Therefore, if You forgive, then You are the best of those who show mercy, فَإنْ عَفَوْتَ فَخَيْرُ رَاحِمٍ 65

66 And if You punish, then You have not been unjust. وَإنْ عَذَّبْتَ فَغَيْرُ ظَالِمٍ 66

87 In fact, had anyone other than You known of my sin, I would not have committed it, فَلَوِ اطَّلَعَ الْيَوْمَ عَلَى ذَنْبِي غَيْرُكَ مَا فَعَلْتُهُ 87

88 And had I feared the hastening of the punishment, I would have avoided it, وَلَوْ خِفْتُ تَعْجِيلَ الْعُقُوبَةِ لاجْتَنَبْتُهُ 88

89 Not because You are the least important of those who see me, لا لأنَّكَ أَهْوَنُ النَّاظِرِينَ إلَيَّ 89

90 Or the most insignificant of those who know me, وَأَخَفُّ الْمُطَّلِعِينَ عَلَيَّ 90

91 Rather, it is because You, O my Lord, are the best of those who cover up (one’s sins), بَلْ لأنَّكَ يَا رَبِّ خَيْرُ السَّاتِرِينَ 91

92 And the wisest of those who judge, وَأَحْكَمُ الْحَاكِمِينَ 92

93 And the most generous of the generous, وَأَكْرَمُ الأَكْرَمِينَ 93

94 The concealer of defects, سَتَّارُ الْعُيُوبِ 94

95 The Forgiver of sins, غَفَّارُ الذُّنُوبِ 95

96 The Knower of the unseen! عَلاَّمُ الْغُيُوبِ 96

97 You conceal sins through Your Liberality, تَسْتُرُ الذَّنْبَ بِكَرَمِكَ 97

98 And defer punishment through Your Forbearance! وَتُؤَخِّرُ الْعُقُوبَةَ بِحِلْمِكَ 98 "

Edited by AlAbd AlThaleel

Your favourite lines of supplication are la3nah?

No asking Allah for forgiveness, no dua about the reappearance of Imam al-Mahdi (as), no dua about love of Ahlul Bayt?

SD you're developing some disturbing issues bro - you need to stay out of the chatroom.

Don't derail please.

Kayfa ad3ooka wa ana ana.. wa kayfa aqta3u rajaaee minka wa anta anta?

How do I ask from you when I am I, and how can I lose hope when You are You?

I pray to You, O' my master, with a tongue that has been paralyzed by its sin, O' my Lord, I confide to You with a heart that has been doomed by its mischief; I pray to You, O' my Lord, frightened but wishful, hopeful but fearful If I contemplate my sins, O' my Lord, I become scared, but when I remember Your generosity I yearn, So, if You forgive, You are the most merciful and if You punish, You have not unjustly judged.

and:

O' Lord! I, whenever I thought I was prepared and ready and rose to pray, before Your hands, and confided to You, You cast sleep on me when I prayed, and You prevented me from confiding to You when I confided, Why is it that whenever I felt content about the goodness of my core, and my companionships have neared that of the repentants, a sin would occur and cause my feet to stumble, and deprive me from Your service, O' my Master, Maybe You have expelled me from Your door, and retired me from Your service, or maybe You observed my disregard of Your right on me and thus distanced me, or maybe You saw me headed away from (Your path) and thus You withdrew me, or maybe You found me to be in the position of the liars so You rejected me, or maybe You saw that I was not grateful of Your rewards so You deprived me, or maybe You observed my absence from the assembly of the scholars and thus put me down, or maybe You found me to be one of the unheeding so You despaired me from Your mercy, or maybe You found me frequenting the assembly of the unfaithful, so between me and them You deserted me, or maybe You did not like to listen to my prayers so You distanced me, or maybe You equated me with my crime and sin, or maybe You punished me for my lack of shyness from You. So if You forgive, O' Lord, You have forgiven the many sinners before me. For Your generosity, O' Lord, is higher than punishing the delinquents, and I am seeking refuge with Your bountifulness, and I am escaping from You to You, and anticipating Your promise to pardon those who possessed good convictions about You.

Dua Abu Hamza Thumali

Edited by habib e najjaar

O lord , grant me your love,

Grant me that I love those who love you,

grant me, that I might do the deeds that win Your love.

Make Your love dearer to me than the love of myself, my family and wealth!

2) When Allah created His creatures, He wrote above His Throne, " Verily, my compassion overcomes My wrath !"

3) If you put your whole trust in Allah as you ought to, He most certainly satisfy your needs as He satisfies of the birds...They come out hungry in the morning but return full to their nests!

Thanks for pinning.

"Praise be to Allah, Who gives answer to me whenever I call Him;

covers up my shortcomings yet I disobey Him;

gives me the largest part of the bounties yet I want more.

Many favours He has sanctioned; many terrible dangers He has averted;

and many blossoming joys he has made available for me.

Therefore, I sing His praises and recite His glorifications."

- Dua Iftitah by Imam Mahdi (af)

(bismillah)

(salam)

I can't even decide my favourite lines, this dua is just so beautiful and moving. Munajaat of Imam Ali (as)

O Allah, I ask You for protection on the day when property will not avail, nor sons except he who comes with a heart free (from evil) (26: 88)

اَللّـهُمَّ إِنّي أَسْأَلُكَ الأَمَانَ يَوْمَ لا يَنْفَعُ مالٌ وَلابَنُونَ إِلاّ مَنْ أَتَىٰ اللهَ بِقَلْبٍ سَليمٍ،

And I ask You for protection on the day when the unjust one will bite his hands saying: O would that I had taken a way with the messenger (25; 27)

وَأَسْاَلُكَ الأَمانَ يَوْمَ يَعَضُّ الظّالِمُ عَلىٰ يَدَيْهِ يَقُولُ يا لَيْتِني اتَّخَذْتُ مَعَ الرَّسُولِ سَبيلاً

And I ask You for protection on the day when the guilty shall be recognised by their marks so they shall be seized by the forelocks and the feet (55; 41)

وَأَسْاَلُكَ الأَمانَ يَوْمَ يُعْرَفُ الْمُجْرِمُونَ بِسيمـاهُمْ فَيُؤْخَذُ بِالنَّواصي وَالأَقْدامِ

And I ask You for protection on the day when a father shall not give any satisfaction for his son nor shall the child give any satisfaction for his father, Surely the promise of Allah is true (31; 33)

وَأَسْاَلُكَ الأَمانَ يَوْمَ لا يَجْزي والِدٌ عَنْ وَلَدِهِ وَلا مَوْلُودٌ هُوَ جازٍ عَنْ والِدِهِ شَيْئاً إِنَّ وَعْدَ اللهِ حَقٌّ

And I ask You for protection on the day when the unjust shall not benefit from their excuse and for them is curse and for them is the evil abode (40; 52)

وَأَسْاَلُكَ الأَمانَ يَوْمَ لا يَنْفَعُ الظّالِمينَ مَعْذِرَتُهُمْ وَلَهُمُ اللَّعْنَةُ وَلَهُمْ سُوءُ الدّارِ

And I ask You for protection on the day when no soul shall control anything for (another) soul and the command on that day shall be entirely Allah's (82; 19)

وَأَسْاَلُكَ الأَمانَ يَوْمَ لا تَمْلِكُ نَفْسٌ لِنَفْسٍ شَيْئاً وَالأَمْرُ يَوْمَئِذٍ للهِ

And I ask You for protection on the day when a man shall flee from his brother, and his mother, his father, his spouse, and his children, each one of them on that day will have a concern which will occupy him (80;34)

وَأَسْاَلُكَ الأَمانَ يَوْمَ يَفِرُّ الْمَرْءُ مِنْ أَخيهِ وَأُمِّهِ وَأَبيهِ وَصاحِبَتِهِ وَبَنيهِ لِكُلِّ امْرِئٍ مِنْهُمْ يَوْمَئِذٍ شَأْنٌ يُغْنيهِ

And I ask You for protection on the day when the guilty will wish to redeem himself from the chastisement of that day by (sacrificing) his children, and the near of kin who gave him shelter and all those that are in the earth (wising) that this might deliver him ...

وَأَسْاَلُكَ الأَمانَ يَوْمَ يَوَدُّ المُجْرِمُ لَوْ يَفْتَدي مِنْ عَذابِ يَوْمَئِذٍ بِبَنيهِ وَصاحِبَتِهِ وَأَخيهِ وَفَصيلَتِهِ الَّتي تُؤْويهِ وَمَنْ فِي الأَرْضِ جَميعاً ثُمَّ يُنْجيهِ

... by no means! Surely it is a flaming fire, dragging by the head (70; 11; 16)

كَلّا إِنَّها لَظىٰ نَزّاعَةً لِلشَّوىٰ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Master and I am the Slave, and who else can be merciful to the slave except the Master?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْمَوْلىٰ وَأَنَا الْعَبْدُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْعَبْدَ إِلّا الْمَوْلىٰ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Owner and I am the one owned by You, and who else can be merciful to the owned except the owner?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْمالِكُ وَأَنَا الْمَمْلُوكُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْمَمْلُوكَ إِلّا الْمالِكُ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Mighty and I am the low, and who else can be merciful to the low except the Mighty?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْعَزيزُ وَأَنَا الذَّليلُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الذَّليلَ إِلّا الْعَزيزُ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Creator and I am the creature, and who else can be merciful to the creature except the Creator?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْخالِقُ وَأَنَا الْمَخْلُوقُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ المَخْلُوقَ إِلّا الْخالِقُ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Glorious and I am the miserable, and who else can be merciful to the miserable except the Glorious?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْعَظيمُ وَأَنَا الْحَقيرُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْحَقيرَ إِلّا الْعَظيمُ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Powerful and I am the weak, and who else can be merciful to the weak except the Powerful?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْقَوِيُّ وَأَنَا الضَّعيفُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الضَّعيفَ إِلّا الْقَوِيُّ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Wealthy and I am the Poor, and who else can be merciful to the poor except the Wealthy?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْغَنِيُّ وَأَنَا الْفَقيرُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْفَقيرَ إِلّا الْغَنِيُّ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Bestower and I am the beggar, and who else can be merciful to the beggar except the Bestower?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْمُعْطي وَأَنَا السّائِلُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ السّائِلَ إِلّا الْمُعْطي

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Living and I am the dead, and who else can be merciful to the dead except the Living?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْحَيُّ وَأَنَا الْمَيِّتُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْمَيِّتَ إِلّا الْحَيُّ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Eternal and I am the transient, and who else can be merciful to the transient except the Eternal?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْباقي وَأَنَا الْفاني وَ هَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْفانيَ إِلّا الْباقي

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Permanent and I am the short-lived, and who else can be merciful to the short-lived except the Permanent?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الدّائِمُ وَأَنَا الزّائِلُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الزّائِلَ إِلّا الدّائِمُ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Provider and I am the blessed, and who else can be merciful to the blessed except the Provider?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الرّازِقُ وَأَنَا الْمَرْزُوقُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْمَرْزُوقَ إِلّا الرّازِقُ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Generous and I am the miser, and who else can be merciful to the miser except the Generous?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْجَوادُ وَأَنَا الْبَخيلُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْبَخيلَ إِلّا الْجَوادُ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Healer and I am the afflicted, and who else can be merciful to the afflicted except the Healer?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْمُعافي وَأَنَا الْمُبْتَلىٰ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْمُبْتَلىٰ إِلّا الْمُعافي

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Great and I am the insignificant, and who else can be merciful to the insignificant except the Great?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْكَبيرُ وَأَنَا الصَّغيرُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الصَّغيرَ إِلّا الْكَبيرُ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Leading and I am the straying, and who else can be merciful to the straying except the Leading?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْهادي وَأَنَا الضّالُّ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الضّالَّ إِلّا الْهادي

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Merciful and I am the one shown mercy, and who else can be merciful to the one shown mercy except the Merciful?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الرَّحْمنُ وَأَنَا الْمَرْحُومُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْمَرْحُومَ إِلّا الرَّحْمنُ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Authority and I am the tried, and who else can be merciful to the tried except the Authority?

مَوْلايَ يامَوْلايَ أَنْتَ السُّلْطانُ وَأَنَا الْمُمْتَحَنُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْمُمْتَحَنَ إِلّا السُّلْطانُ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Guide and I am the confused, and who else can be merciful to the confused except the Guide?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الدَّليلُ وَأَنَا الْمُتَحَيِّرُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْمُتَحَيِّرَ إِلّا الدَّليلُ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Forgiver and I am the sinner, and who else can be merciful to the sinner except the Forgiver?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْغَفُورُ وَأَنَا الْمُذْنِبُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْمُذْنِبَ إِلّا الْغَفُورُ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Victor and I am the defeated, and who else can be merciful to the defeated except the Victor?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْغالِبُ وَأَنَا الْمَغْلُوبُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْمَغْلُوبَ إِلّا الْغالِبُ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Nourisher and I am the nourished, and who else can be merciful to the nourished except the Nourisher?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الرَّبُّ وَأَنَا الْمَرْبُوبُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْمَرْبُوبَ إِلّا الرَّبُّ

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the High-handed and I am the humble, and who else can be merciful to humble the except the High-handed?

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ أَنْتَ الْمُتَكَبِّرُ وَأَنَا الْخاشِعُ وَهَلْ يَرْحَمُ الْخاشِعَ إِلّا الْمُتَكَبِّرُ

My Lord, O my Lord, have mercy on me by Your mercy,

مَوْلايَ يا مَوْلايَ اِرْحَمْني بِرَحْمَتِكَ

and be pleased with me by Your Generosity and Your Magnanimity and Your Grace,

وَارْضَ عَنّي بِجُودِكَ وَكَرَمِكَ وَفَضْلِكَ

O the Generous, and Beneficent, O the Almighty and the Benefactor,

يا ذَا الْجُودِ وَالاِحْسانِ وَالطَّوْلِ وَالِإمْتِنانِ

By your Mercy, O the most Merciful of the Merciful.

بِرَحْمَتِكَ يا اَرْحَمَ الرّاحِمينَ

Listen here.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Mash'Allah, it's so beautiful. I've had it on my iPod for a while, but only really read completely for the first time today, and I must say, it is definitely up their among my favourite duas. May Allah (SWT) accept your dua and grant us all the tawfeeq to visit Masjid al-Kufa :).

habib e najjaar, can i ask where the second quote is from please?

"I ask thee by Thy attributes and names, that Thou makest my times in the night and the day inhabited by Thy rememberance and joined to Thy service and my works acceptable to Thee so that my works and my litanies may all be a single litany, and my occupation with Thy service everlasting." -Dua Kumayl

sahifa al-kamilah 3, and the whole "i have no power save to knock at Thy door and if i be turned away, at what door shall I knock? so in full abandon i put my trust in Thee, stretching out my hands to Thee, a pleading beggar"

and and andddd (although i know the above and this arent exactly on topic, sorry): My Lord is ever known by praise, my Lord is ever described by generosity.

'He was, when there was no light by which to seek illumination, and no darkness bent over the horizons.

So our Lord is counter to creatures, all of them, and to all that is described in imaginations.

Whoso desires Him portrayed through comparison returns beleagured, shackled by his incapacity,

And in the Ascending Stairways the wave of His power casts a wave which blinds the eye of the spirit.

So abandon the quarreler in religion lost in the depths, for in him doubt has corrupted his view.

And become the companion of that reliable one who is the beloved of his Master and surrounded by the favors of his Protector: Smiling, he became in the earth the waymark of guidance (dalil al-huda) and in Heaven the adorned and acknowledged." -imam ali as (and so many more)

O Allah, I beseech You to send blessings upon Muhammad the Prophet of Your mercy and the Word of Your Light,

and to fill in my heart with the illumination of certitude,

my chest with the illumination of faith,

my intellect with the illumination of honest intentions,

my determination with the illumination of knowledge,

my strength with the illumination of work,

my tongue with the illumination of honesty,

my religion with the illumination of clear evidence from You,

my sight with the illumination of brightness,

my hearing with the illumination of wisdom,

and my faculty of love with the illumination of sincere loyalty to Muhammad and his Household,peace be upon them,

so that I, when I meet You, will have fulfilled the pledge and covenant that I made with You and then Your mercy will encompass me.

O Protector! O Worthy of all praise!

http://www.duas.org/...in/duaafter.htm

One of the famous line from al-Sahifah al-Sajjadiyya;

"My God, who can have tasted the sweetness of Thy love, then wanted another in place of thee? Who can have become intimate with Thy nearness, then sought removal from thee?"

Edited by Dhulfikar

"O Knower of the unseen, O Forgiver of sins,

O Concealer of defects, O Expeller of pain,

O Transformer of the heart, O Physician of the heart,

O Illuminator of the heart, O Intimate of the heart,

O Dispeller of anxiety, O Liberator from grief.

Praise be to Thee, there is no god but Thee, The Granter of all relief,

Protect us from the Fire, O Lord."

- Dua Jawshan Kabeer

Guest Mushu

"O Knower of the unseen, O Forgiver of sins,

O Concealer of defects, O Expeller of pain,

O Transformer of the heart, O Physician of the heart,

O Illuminator of the heart, O Intimate of the heart,

O Dispeller of anxiety, O Liberator from grief.

Praise be to Thee, there is no god but Thee, The Granter of all relief,

Protect us from the Fire, O Lord."

- Dua Jawshan Kabeer

That's beautiful.