Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Replicant

Your Favourite Lines From Supplications

Rate this topic

In “Dua Makarim al Akhlaq” the Imam (A.S.) prays:

O Allah, make me leap to Thee in times of distress, ask from Thee in needs, and plead to Thee in misery! Tempt me not to seek help from other than Thee when I am distressed, to humble myself in asking from someone else when I am poor, or to plead with someone less than Thee when I fear; For then I would deserve Thy abandonment, Thy withholding, and Thy turning away, O most Merciful of those who show mercy

Source::http://www.imamreza....eza.php?id=5305

Salam, I love du3a Makarim al akhlaq, I find it to be one of the most effective du3as arround! It has so many beautiful lines, and the one you picked is so amazing and has so many lessons,if you connect it to the hadith where Imam Ali(as) says something like (paraphrasing) 'when poverty enters the door of a house, faith leaves out of the window' not sure if exact words-so if anyone knows please correct me! But you can understand what he(as) would mean by this, if you read the line of the du3a that you posted! Du3a makarim al akhlaq has so many lessons and it really suits it's name! anyone who wants to learn good akhlaq and how to be a good muslim, this du3a is almost sufficient to do that! salams and du3as inshallah

(salam)

Excerpt from a standard dua'a after ziyaarat:

O Allah if wrongdoing makes me hand my head in shame in front of You,

stops my prayers from reaching You,

comes between You and me,

I, in these circumstances, beseech You to let me meet Your loving and kind disposition face-to-face,

to spread Your mercy over me,

to pour down Your blessings on me;

and it yet wrongdoing blocks the upward progress of my cries to You

or interferes with the grant of amnesty,

or gets in the way of making light my dangerous mistakes,

then I take refuge with Your liberal disposition and Your Almighty Majesty...

(wasalam)

Salam, I love du3a Makarim al akhlaq, I find it to be one of the most effective du3as arround! It has so many beautiful lines, and the one you picked is so amazing and has so many lessons,if you connect it to the hadith where Imam Ali(as) says something like (paraphrasing) 'when poverty enters the door of a house, faith leaves out of the window' not sure if exact words-so if anyone knows please correct me! But you can understand what he(as) would mean by this, if you read the line of the du3a that you posted! Du3a makarim al akhlaq has so many lessons and it really suits it's name! anyone who wants to learn good akhlaq and how to be a good muslim, this du3a is almost sufficient to do that! salams and du3as inshallah

Well Said Maryammmmm :) And JAZAKALLAH

With the last day of Sha`ban of the year (and the end of the Islamic year) having arrived, this is another of those gems I found in Munajat al-Sha`baniyyah:

إلهي إن عفوت فمن أولى منك بذلك و إن كان قد دنى أجلي و لم يدنني منك عملي فقد جعلت الإقرار بالذنب إليك وسيلتي

Ilahi! If You pardon, then who is more suited for that than You? And if my fate has drawn near and my deed has not brought me closer to You, then

I make the confession of sins as my wasilah near You.

That Allah should allow us this wasilah is truly very humbling.

And this being eve of Friday, this part has been one of those that rise above the rest in Du`a Kumayl:

اللهم إني ...أستشفع بك إلى نفسك

O Allah! I ...seek intercession near You through You.

"O Allah, truly, when You pardon my sins, overlook my mistakes, take a lenient view of my disorderly conduct, cover up my foul actions, show consideration in spite of my many transgressions committed willfully or negligently, I am tempted to ask for that which I do not deserve, from You Who, through Your mercy, gives me the daily bread, provides me with that which is suitable for me, through Your control; and distinguishes me with a favourable reply to my requests.

So I persist in calling out, believing in You, and I invoke You, talking familiarly, not afraid, nor shy, but assured of Your love and kindness whenever I turn to You.

A temporary setback, and I, out of ignorance, begin to despair, although perhaps slowing down may be a blessing in disguise. because You alone know all the consequences. I know no generous master who is more accommodating to dissatisfied servants that You are to me."

- Dua Iftitah

Edited by Replicant

Du`aa' IftitaH

Çááåã ÃÐäÊ áí Ýí ÏÚÇÆß æ ãÓÃáÊß

O' Allah! You have permitted me to call out to You and to beseech You.

There is so much to learn from this phrase.

(bismillah)

Part of Dua Iftitah

ÇáúÍóãúÏõ áöáøåö ãóÇáößö Çáúãõáúßö al-hamdu lillahi malikil-mulk

ãõÌúÑöí ÇáúÝõáúßö mujril-fulk

ãõÓóÎöøÑö ÇáÑöøíóÇÍö musakhkhirir-riyah

ÝóÇáöÞö ÇáÅÕúÈóÇÍö faliqil-isbah

ÏóíóøÇäö ÇáÏöøíäö dayyanid-deen

ÑóÈöø ÇáúÚóÇáóãöíäó rabbil-‘alameen

Praise be To Allah the owner of sovereignty, Who sets the course of the skies and the stars controls the winds, causes the daybreak, and administers authority, the Lord of the worlds.

The reason I like this part isn't really to do with what is being said, it's more the sound of it which I love

Edited by Shia_Debater

Though I have many favorite duas among such a beautiful collection of duas given by our Imam (as).

Here I have included an extract from Dua Iftitah, which is need of all true believers:

O Allah, we ardently desire

that You confer upon us a

respectful government;

through which You may give

might to Islam and its

followers,;

humiliate hypocrisy and its

people,;

Edited by Sipahi110

Part of a Dua during Salat Al-Layl

O Creator, O Sustainer

O the One who gives life