Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Replicant

Your Favourite Lines From Supplications

Rate this topic

This one is HAUNTINGLY amazing, Subhanallah, look at the way Imam Hussain (as) humiliates himself in front of God, and he was infallible:

"I am he who did evil, I am he who made mistakes,

I am he who purposed (to sin), I am he who was ignorant,

I am he who was heedless, I am he who was negligent,

I am he who relied (upon other than Thee), I am he who premeditated,

I am he who promised, I am he who went back on his word,

I am he who confessed (my sins) and I am he who acknowledged Thy blessings upon me and with me and then returned to my sins.

So forgive me for them, O He who is not harmed by the sins of His servants nor needs He their obedience.

He gives success through His aid and His mercy to whomsoever of them works righteousness.

So praise belongs to Thee, My God and My Lord!

My God, Thou commanded me and I disobeyed and Thou forbade me and I committed what Thou hadst forbidden.

I became such that I neither possessed any of guiltlessness that I might ask forgiveness nor any power that I might be helped.

Then by what means shall I turn toward Thee, O my Protector!?

What, by my ears? Or my eyes? Or my tongue? Or my hand? Or my leg?

Are not all of them Thy blessings given to me?

And with all of them I disobey Thee, O my Protector!"

- Dua Arafah by Imam Hussain (as)

O Transformer of the heart!!!, O Physician of the heart,

O Illuminator of the heart, O Intimate of the heart,

So Beautiful!! :cry:

Dua Jawshan Kabeer includes some of the most beautiful titles for Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

(bismillah)

(salam)

(I beg You) to restore Your favours and blessings upon me as You didst in the beginning of my life. O My God! My Master! My Lord! ~ Dua Kumayl

(salam)

The following dua for Qunut in Salatul Layl is by Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq عليه السلام.

English translation:

In the name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful, O Allah bless Muhammad and his family

My Lord, how can I beseech You

when I have disobeyed You

and how can I not beseech You

when I have known Your love in my heart

As I am a sinner

I have stretched my hand to You, full of sins,

and my eyes with stretched out hope

My Master, You are the Greatest of the Great

and I am the most wretched of prisoners

I am a prisoner of my sins

a mortgagee of my crimes

My God if You seek me out for my sins

I will seek You out for Your generosity

and if You seek me for my crimes

I will seek You for Your pardon

and if You command me to the Fire

I will inform the people of the Fire

that I used to say there is no god but Allah (47:19)

Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah (49:29)

O Allah obedience pleases You

and disobedience does not harm You

so grant me what pleases You

and forgive me what does not harm You

O most Merciful :cry:

Edited by Trailblazer

(salam)

The following dua for Qunut in Salatul Layl is by Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq عليه السلام.

English translation:

In the name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful, O Allah bless Muhammad and his family

As I am a sinner

a mortgagee of my crimes

Beautiful dua, do you happen to have a link to it in Arabic?

(salam)

English translation:

As I am a sinner

a mortgagee of my crimes

Oh man....that is sublime.

Salam,

Great topic!

From Munjanat al Shabaniyya from Imam Ali a.s:

"My Lord, if You condemn me for my crimes, I will cling to Your forgiveness, and if You hold me for my sins, I will cling to Your granting pardon. If You haul me into the hell, I will tell its inmates that I love You."

Here's the link from duas.org: http://www.duas.org/invocation.htm

Anf here's the link for a youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McdwxTXG8QQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Keep it up!

Wasalam

(bismillah)

"My Lord, I was not strong enough to move away from Your disobedience,

except when You awakened me to Your love.

I was exactly as You wanted me to be.

I am thankful to You for introducing me to Your Kindness

and purging my heart of the impurities of being inattentive to You."

Munajat Al-Shaabaniya - مناجاة الشعبانيية

Salams,

My fav fron dua is Jaushan e Kabeer & down below are the ones I enjoy the most...

this one...

Ya Syyedas-sada-te, Ya Mojeebad-da'vate, Ya Rafe'ad-darajate, Ya Vali-yal hasanate,

Ya Ghaferal-Khati'ate, Ya Mo'ti-yal Mas'alate Ya Qabi-Iat-tavbate, Ya Same'al-Asvate, Ya 'Alemal-Khafi-yate, Ya Dafe'al Bali yate.

and this one...

Ya Khairal Ghafereena, Ya Khairal-Fate-heena, Ya Khairan-Nasereena, Ya Khairal-

Hakemeena, Ya Khairar-Razeqeena, Ya Khairal-Vareseena, Ya Khairal-Hamedeena, Ya Khairaz-Zakereena, Ya Khairal-Moonzeleena, Ya Khairal-Mohseneena.

and this one...

Ya Ooddati 'Inda Shiddati, Ya Rajaa'ee Inda Moosibati, Ya Moonesi 'Inda Vah-shati, Ya Sahebi Inda Ghoorbati, Ya Valiye 'Inda Ne'mati, Ya Gheyasi Inda Koorbati, Ya Daleeli 'Inda Hairati, Ya Ghenaa'ee Indaf-teqari Ya Mal-Jaa'ee 'inda Iztarari, Ya Mooghisi 'Inda Mafza'ee.

Umm.. I know I wont stop:) ... so go check out on the the link below

http://www.duas.org/jkabeertrans.htm

Edited by samaah

“Verily soon you will find that Allah is sufficient for you. He is (the Best) Hearer, Knower.” Jibraa-eel is on my right hand, Meekaa-eel is on my left, Muhammad (blessings of Allah Be on him and his descendents Is in front, Ameerul Moomineen, peace be On him, is on my back, and Allah, the High, stays continually near over me. O He who put a barrier Between the two seas, Draw a curtain between me And my enemies, So that no harm may reach Me. Between me and my enemies Allah is the shield. Verily Allah’s shield is the Safest. Allah is sufficient to protect Me, There is no one who can Protect me except Him. “When you recite the Holy Quran, We ( Allah) draw an invisible Curtain between you and those Who do not believe in the Hereafter, And make their minds senile, And their ears deaf, When you recite (in Quran) That Allah is one they turn Sour in aversion.

Verily We have put on their Necks chains reaching unto the Chins, so that they are made Stiff-necked. And We have set a bar before Them and a bar behind them, And (thus) have covered them So that they see not.”

O Allah, draw Thy protective Curtains around me, that cannot be disheveled by Blowing winds, Nor can be pierced by spears. Through Thy Holy Spirit save My soul, for whoso comes Under its cover, is reverently Looked upto, And it creates awe and fear in the hearts of all the created Beings.

Allow me to recite Thy Beautiful names, And remember Thy high Similitues. Give me peace and goodness In that which I aspire for this Worldly life, and for the Hereafter.

Turn away the eyes of intense Starer, And substitute the hatred, Concealed in their hearts, with Goodwill, Which no one can do (except Thee). O Allah, Thou art my Sanctuary, Therefore, I take refuge with Thee. Thou art my support, Therefore, I seek Thy protection. O He before Whom the Arrogant necks bow down, and the heads of pharaohs Bent low in submission.

Make me steady and careful Not be put to shame, Not to leave Thy protective Shield, Not to forget Thy remembrance, Not to be ungrateful to Thee. I remain under Thy protection, In darkness, or in daytime, At home, or in journey. Thy remembrance is my habit, Thy glorification is my routine.

lines from Dua e SABAASAB

يا سريع الرضا.. اغفر لمن لا يملك إلا الدعاء .. فإنك فعال لما تشاء.. يا من اسمه دواء , وذكره شفاء , وطاعته غنى .. ارحم من رأس ماله الرجاء.. وسلاحه البكاء.. يا سابغ النِعَم.. يا دافع النِقَم.. يا نور المستوحشين في الظُلَم.. يا عالماً لا يُعَلّم.. صل على محمد وآل محمد

dua_etmenin_%C3%B6nemi_dua_etmek.jpg

O Dominant who is not overpowered,

O Designer who is not made,

O Creator who is not created,

O Master and not the slave,

O All-Dominant who is not dominated,

O Exalter and the Exalted,

O Protector who needs no protection,

O Helper who needs no help,

O Witness who is not absent,

O Near who is not distant.

- Dua Jawashan-e-Kabeer

dua iftitah:

فَإنْ أَبْطَأ عَنِّي عَتَبْتُ بِجَهْلِي عَلَيْكَ

وَلَعَلَّ الَّذِي أَبْطَأَ عَنِّي هُوَ خَيْرٌ لِي لِعِلْمِكَ بِعَاقِبَةِ الأُمُورِ،

A temporary setback and I, out of ignorance, begin to despair,

although perhaps slowing down may be a blessing in disguise, because You alone knows (all) the consequences

Edited by AR2011

(bismillah)

(salam)

A short, powerful dua recited in Shahr Ramadan.

O my Aide at hardships!

To You do I turn,

Your help do I seek,

and with You do I take refuge.

I seek refuge with none save You

and I beseech none for relief save You.

So, (please) come to my help and free me from cares.

O He Who accepts even the least efforts

excuses the much wrongdoing!

(Please do) accept my little effort

excuse my much wrongdoing.

Verily, You are the Oft-forgiving, Merciful (Lord).

O Allah, I ask for faith with which You may fill my heart

and for certitude so that I shall always know that nothing will afflict me save what You have ordained for me.

(Please) make me feel satisfied with the living that You decide for me.

O most Merciful of all those who show mercy!

O my means at times of agonies!

O my companion at times of hardships!

O Source of my all bounties!

O my ultimate goal whenever I desire for something!

It is You Who is the concealer of my defects,

Who secures me at times of horror,

and Who overlooks my slips.

So, (please do) forgive my sin.

O most Merciful of all those who show mercy!

Dua Ya Mafza'iy

Edited by AlAbd AlThaleel

“Whosoever does not find You what else there remains to be found? And whoever has found You what else would he be lacking? How much looser is the one who chooses other than You and how unfortunate is the one who deviates from You. How can a human being expect thing from others while Your Favors never get cut off from him? How could one pray for his need before others, while knowing that Your Generosity and Benevolence surround him."

(Imam Hussein in Arafat Invocation)

Salamu3alaykum

that didst cure Ayyub of his malady; O Thou that didst forgive the fault of Dawood; O Thou that didst lift up Isa and saved him from the clutches of the Jews; O Thou that didst answer the prayer of Yunus from the darkness; O Thou that didst choose Musa by means of Thine inspired words; O Thou that didst forgive the omission of Adam and lifted up Idris to an exalted station by Thy mercy;

O Thou that didst save Nooh from drowning; O Thou that didst destroy the former tribe of Ad and then Thamud, so that no trade of them remained, and destroyed the people of Noah aforetime, for verily they were the most unjust and most rebellious; and overturned the ruined and deserted towns;; O Thou that destroyed the people of Lot; and annihilated the people of Sho'aib; O Thou that chose Ibrahim as a friend; O Thou that chose Musa as one spoken unto; and chose Muhammed (Thy blessings be upon him and his Progeny) as Thy Beloved;

O Thou that gavest unto Luqman wisdom; and bestowed upon Sulaiman a kingdom the like of which shall not be merited by anyone after him; O Thou that didst afford succour unto the two-horned one against the mighty tyrants; O Thou that didst grant unto Khizr immortality; and brought back for Yusha, the son of Nun, the sun after it had set; O Thou that gave solace unto the heart of Musa's mother; and protected the chastity of Mariam, the daughter of Imran;

O Thou that didst fortify Yahya, the Son of Zakaria against sin; and abated the wrath for Musa; O Thou that gave glad tidings of (the Birth of) Yahya unto Zakaria; O Thou that saved Ismaeel from slaughter by substituting for him the Great Sacrifice;

O Thou that didst accept the offering of Habeel and placed the curse upon Qabeel. O Subduer of the alien hordes for Muhammad - the blessings of Allah be upon him and his Progeny - bestow Thy blessings upon Muhammad and his Progeny and upon all Thy Messengers and upon the Angels that are near Thee and upon all Thine obedient servants.

And I beg of Thee all the requests which anyone has begged of Thee with whom Thou has been pleased and unto whom Thou has assured the granting thereof, O Allah, O Allah, O Allah, O Most Merciful, O Most Merciful, O Most Merciful, O Most Beneficient, O Most Beneficient, O Most Beneficient, O Lord of Majesty and Grace, O Lord of Majesty and Grace, O Lord of Majesty and Grace. Through Thee, Through Thee, Through Thee, Through Thee, Through Thee, Through Thee,

Through Thee I beseech thee with the help of all the Names whereby Thou hast named Thyself, or which Thou hast sent down in any of Thy inspired Scriptures, or Which Thou hast inscribed in Thy knowledge of the unknown;

and (I beseech Thee) in the name of the honored and exalted positions of Thy Throne, and in the name of the utmost extent of Thy Mercy as expressed in Thy Book (the Quran) and in the name of that which "If all the trees on earth were to become pens and all the seven seas ink, the Words of Allah could not be fully written down."

"Verily Allah is the Honored, the Wise"; And I beseech Thee with the help of Thy Beautiful Names which Thou has praised in Thy Book, saying,:Unto Allah belong the beautiful names -- so call ye Him by Them; And Thou hast said "Call unto Me and I shall answer you; and Thou has said,

"And when My servants ask something of Me, lo, I am near, and I grant the prayer of the supplicant when he asks anything of Me, so pray ye unto Me and believe in Me, that ye may be made perfect; And Thou has said, "O My servants who have wronged yourselves, despair not of the Mercy of Allah; verilly Allah forgiveth all the sins; verily He is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

Therefore I pray unto Thee, My God, and I ask Thee, My Cherisher and Sustainer, and I hope from Thee, my Chief, and I crave Thy acceptance of my prayer, O my Protector, even as Thou hast promised me, and I call upon Thee even as Thou hast commanded me --

So, do unto me what pleases Thee to do, O Generous One! (Here the Devotee should pray for the fulfillment of his valid desires.) And all Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds,

and the blessings of Allah be upon Muhammad and all His Holy Descendants.

This is from dua mashlool one of the most amazing duas I have ever read, it's a really beautiful dua !

Wasalam

This thread is seriously so amazing!!!

I feel so upset that I couldn't contribute :(

I know one thing though, Munajat of Masjid e Kufa by Imam Ali (as) leaves its reader speechless and struck with awe..

Yet they have the audacity to place others at the same level as him.

This thread is seriously so amazing!!!

I feel so upset that I couldn't contribute :(

I know one thing though, Munajat of Masjid e Kufa by Imam Ali (as) leaves its reader speechless and struck with awe..

Yet they have the audacity to place others at the same level as him.

You can contribute bro!!! Listen to it in Arabic and read it in English, or read the transliteration and read the English too so you understand what is being said - This is easier with slower reciters I guess. Or just recite it in English if that is how you prefer :D

From Dua Kumayl:

So, my Lord! I look earnestly towards Thee and towards Thee, my Lord! I have stretched forth my hands therefore, by Thy honour, respond to my supplication and let me attain my wishes and, by Thy bounty, frustrate not my hopes and protect me from the evils of my enemies, from among the jinns and mankind o' Thou! Who readily pleased, forgive one who owns nothing but supplication for Thou doest what Thou willest o' Thou!

Whose Name is the remedy (for all ills) and Whose remembrance is a sure cure for all ailments and obedience to Whom makes one self sufficient; have mercy on one whose only asset is hope and whose only armour is lamentation O' Thou! Who perfecteth all bounties and Who wardeth off all misfortunes!

From Dua Alhazeen: Though this whole dua is spiritually eloquent.

I whisper unto You O One Who is present in every place so that You may hear my call for surely my sin is excessive and my shame is less My Master, O my Master which of the terrifying states shall I remember and which of them shall I forget for if there was nothing except death it would be enough then what about after death greater and much worse?

Edited by Allahuakbar

That is one of my favourites. I had the honour of actually reading it IN Masjid-e-Kufa :)

Masha'Allah, Brother that would of been amazing.

I hope you don't mind, can you suggest to me so beautiful duas that you would reccommend to be recited? You seem to have quite a good taste :P

After every prayer in Rajab, Imam Sadiq (as) used to read this. I particularly like the part where he grabs his beard:

"O Allah, bless Muhammad and his household.

O He from whom I can hope for all goodness And I am safe from His anger at every evil.

O He who gives a lot in exchange of a little.

O He who gives to one who asks Him.

O He who gives to one who does not ask Him and does not know Him,

Out of His affection and mercy.

Give me, for my request is only to You alone, All the good of this world and all the good of the Hereafter.

Keep away from me, for my request is only to You alone, All the evil of this world and the evil of the Hereafter. For indeed it is not diminishing what is given by You. Increase (for) me from Your bounty, O The Generous.

(Then the 6th Imam held his beard in his left hand and gave a movement to the index finger in his right hand saying):

O The Sublime and The Distinguished,

O The Bountiful and The Magnanimous,

O the Gracious and the Mighty,

Save my grey hairs of the beard from the fire (of Hell)."

Masha'Allah, Brother that would of been amazing.

I hope you don't mind, can you suggest to me so beautiful duas that you would reccommend to be recited? You seem to have quite a good taste :P

All the words the Ahlulbayt (as) use to talk to God are amazing. The ones that leave me bewildered are ones such as Dua-e-Kumayl, Dua-e-Abu Hamza Thumali, Munajat Shabaniyyah, Munajat Masjid-e-Kufa, Dua Arafah, Dua Jawshan-e-Kabeer.

(salam)

Certainly can't pick favourites from ad`iyyah but this part from Du`a' Abu Hamza al-Thumali (ar) is definitely something that has stuck with me:

إلهي إن أدخلتني النار ففي ذلك سرور عدوك و إن أدخلتني الجنة ففي ذلك سرور نبيك و أنا والله أعلم أن سرور نبيك أحب إليك من سرور عدوك

My God! If You make me enter the Fire, then therein lies the happiness of Your enemy but if You make me enter the Jannah, then therein is the happiness of Your Prophet. And, by Allah! [i swear] I know that the happiness of Your Prophet is dearer to You than the happiness of Your enemy.

So much hope! May Allah make us die on imaan.

(bismillah)

(salam)

One of the mustahabb duas to be read daily in Rajab.

O` Allah! I ask from You forbearance of the grateful and (practice of) actions of the fearful of You and Conviction of the devotees to Your worship.

O` Allah! Lofty and Grand you are and I am Your bondman, unlucky and indigent and You are self-sufficient and praise-worthy I am Your worthless bondman.

O` Allah! Bestow Your blessings on Mohammad and his progeny and favour me in my ignorance and with Your might in my weakness O` the and Mighty.

O` Allah I Bless Mohammad and the successors from his Progeny and be You sufficient for me in my worries about the Worldly affairs and those of the Hereafter O` the Most Merciful.

O` Allah! Send Your Blessings on Muhammad and his Progeny, Ameen.

Dua #4

(bismillah)

One of my favourite duas, mustahabb to be read during sahr time of Shahir Ramadan.

O my Ultimate Sanctuary when troubles surround me!

O my Last Hope when difficulties trouble me!

Unto Thee I turn to, before Thee I stand to get help,

with Thee I take refuge, except Thee there is no refuge;

I do not seek joy after sorrow from anyone save Thee,

So come to my help and free me from cares

O He who accept even the smallest (efforts)

but excuses from restrictions,

accept whatever little there is and release from hardships frequently,

Verily Thou art Oft-forgiving, Merciful.

O Allah I ask for the faith which gives joy,

satisfaction and confidence to my heart till I am positively aware that I will not have my fill unless it has been approved for me,

and happiness will agree with me only whereby justly and fairly distributed,

O the Most Merciful.

O my "means" in my troubles!

O my Companion in my difficulties!

O my Guardian in my happiness!

O the ultimate of my inclinations!

Thou covers up my shortcomings,

affords security in the event of crisis and fearful disasters,

therefore, overlook my transgressions,

O the Most Merciful.

Dua Ya Mafzaiy

Edited by AlAbd AlThaleel

After every prayer in Rajab, Imam Sadiq (as) used to read this. I particularly like the part where he grabs his beard:

"O Allah, bless Muhammad and his household.

O He from whom I can hope for all goodness And I am safe from His anger at every evil.

O He who gives a lot in exchange of a little.

O He who gives to one who asks Him.

O He who gives to one who does not ask Him and does not know Him,

Out of His affection and mercy.

Give me, for my request is only to You alone, All the good of this world and all the good of the Hereafter.

Keep away from me, for my request is only to You alone, All the evil of this world and the evil of the Hereafter. For indeed it is not diminishing what is given by You. Increase (for) me from Your bounty, O The Generous.

(Then the 6th Imam held his beard in his left hand and gave a movement to the index finger in his right hand saying):

O The Sublime and The Distinguished,

O The Bountiful and The Magnanimous,

O the Gracious and the Mighty,

Save my grey hairs of the beard from the fire (of Hell)."

All the words the Ahlulbayt (as) use to talk to God are amazing. The ones that leave me bewildered are ones such as Dua-e-Kumayl, Dua-e-Abu Hamza Thumali, Munajat Shabaniyyah, Munajat Masjid-e-Kufa, Dua Arafah, Dua Jawshan-e-Kabeer.

Very true, thanks so much Brother :)

O Allah! Occupy us with Your remembrance,

Give us refuge from Your Wrath,

Protect us from Your punishment

Grant us Your gifts

Confer upon us with Your Bounty,

And provide us the opportunity of pilgrimage to Your House

And visiting the tomb of Your Prophet,

May Your blessings, mercy, forgiveness, and pleasure be upon him and his Household

Indeed You are "..near and responsive"! (11:61)

Grant us obedience to You in our actions,

And let us die in Your religion and the Sunnah of Your Prophet

Blessings of Allah be on him and on his family

O Allah! Forgive me and my parents, and "..have mercy on them as they brought me up when I was little." (17:24)

Recompense them for their good deeds with goodness, and for their sins with forgiveness!

Grant me the performance of the pilgrimage to Your Holy House in this year as well every year,

And also the pilgrimage to the tomb of Your Prophet and the Imams, peace be upon them

And do not deprive me, O my Lord, of (pilgrimage to) such honorable shrines and noble locations

O Allah! Accept my repentance so that I will not disobey you ever again

And inspire me with goodness and good-doing,

My Favourite... (speaking right from my heart)

O my God! When I disobeyed You, I did not do so while denying Your Lordship,

Or making light of Your authority

Or exposing myself to Your chastisement

Or disdaining Your threat

But the slip occurred, and my soul incited me,

And my desire overwhelmed me

And my wretchedness helped me accordingly

And Your ample covering over my sins deluded me.

So, I disobeyed You and opposed You through my own efforts.

Now, who will save me from Your chastisement?

And, tomorrow, who will save me from the hands of my adversaries?

And whose rope will I be attached to if You cut off the rope between You and me?

Shame on me for my evil deeds that Your Book has recorded!

Had it not been for my hope of Your generosity, Your extensive Mercy, and Your forbidding me from despair, I would have despaired whenever I remember them (my evil deeds).

O Best One to Whom a supplicant calls out,

And the Most excellent One from Whom a hopeful person anticipates!

O Allah! I seek to approach You by the covenant of Islam

And I rely upon You through the sanctity of the Qur’an,

And I hope for proximity to You through my love for the Prophet, the Ummi (inhabitant of Makkah), the Qurayshi, the Hashimi, the Arab, the Tihami, the Makki, and the Madani!

All extracts above are from Dua Abu Hama Thamali :wub:

O Allah, Thou has given me permission to invoke Thee and beseech Thee, so listen, O Hearer, to my words of praise, and give a favourable reply to my supplication, and minimize my falling into misery, O the often-forgiving.

Dua Iftitah

----

The bolded parts in the Dua, along side with the wish for ikhlas and to die with the love of Mohammad and his progeny (saw) is my dearest wish in life.

The segements are taken from special duas for Shahr al-Ramadhan

O Allah I beseech Thee that Thou, while taking decisions and rendering possible things and events decisively (decisions which cannot be changed or bypassed), write my name in the list of those pilgrims of Thy “sacred House” whose pilgrimage receives Thy approval whose efforts are appreciated, whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongdoings are overlooked; that Thou, while making decisions and rendering possible things and events; make possible for me long life, goodness, welfare, and enough means of livelihood, and let me be like him whom Thou helps with Thy Religion; not substituting any other in my place.

include me with those whom You use for backing Your Religion (or as a tool for your religion),

and do not substitute any in my place

Edited by Lychee

"Who is more worse off than me, if now I am passed on in my present state to a grave that I have not prepared for my repose and I did not line with good deeds for my drowse,

And why would I not weep for I have no knowledge of my fate and I observe my self deceiving itself, and my days are fading away, and the wings of death have flapped close by,

So why wouldn't I cry?!

I cry for surrendering my life,

I cry because of the darkness of my grave,

I cry because of the narrowness of my grave,

I cry for the questioning of Munkar and Nakeer of me,

I cry from my leaving my grave (in the hereafter) naked, humiliated and carrying my book (of deeds) on my back,

I look to the right once and to the left once and I discover that people today have other concern than mine, for every person that day has a concern of his own, some faces today are bright, laughing and joyful, while other faces that day are dusty, loaded with submission and humility."

- Dua Abu Hamza Thumali

This one made me cry:

"Oh Lord have mercy toward my expatriation in this life,

And my tragedy upon death,

And my solitude in the grave,

And my loneliness in the grave,

And because whenever I am dispatched for judgment before Your hands, my situation is humiliated,

And forgive what is concealed from the humans of my (secretive bad) deeds,

And prolong for me what You veiled my (secret sins) with,

And confer Your benevolence on me when I am (laying) motionless on the (death) bed so that the beloved of my relatives surround me,

And grant me Your bountifulness when I am stretched on the funeral bath so that the good-deeded of my community may wash me,

And bestow Your kindred tenderness upon me when I am carried while my relatives hand over the extremities of my coffin,

And award me Your generosity when I am transported and finally delivered and left alone in my grave,

And have mercy on my solitary confinement in this new residence so that I may not be comforted by anyone but You."

- Dua Abu Hamza Thumali