Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
worshiper

Namaz!

Rate this topic

as compared to the whole islamic world, shias are maximum strict to their prayers(salat). how true is this?

please be honest every one. i 've seen the barren mosques in india, if this happens anywhere else?

sunnis are most punctual,now there prayers are accepted or not thats an another issue :shifty:

Yes, I have seen a mixed culture, but frankly speaking, I have observed sunnis are more punctual especially when it comes to offer Namaz in a Mosque. But One more thing, I love the way we(shias) pray not only because I am a shia, but our way of talking to Allah inspires me a lot.

Wassalam

thanks a lot guys.....

atleast we shias know that everything we do is for Allah...........prayers- not just becuse it is our culture, but its a way of communication to our lord. so if ne one who wants to ask help from lord so he can pray. its not that Allah (swt) has burdened it over us........

All the Shias I know are so extremely strict to wajib salat that they will shame a junior level sahabi from earlier years of hijra.

fine, you must move in good circles, but as for the average shi'a, I'm sorry, but the time of salah makes no difference, I have been to mosques where on average, they call the adhan 10 - 20 minutes late, for no reason, every one just sits around talking, even the sheikh who is supposed to lead the prayers, comes late, starts talking to a person, then prays a few raka'ts, then when he is ready recites the iqama.

This whole joining every single prayer and claiming 'it is the shi'a way' has completely taken away the importance of prescribed times for salah.

^^^ if this is so, do not stay silent. Talk to sheikh, if he does not agree, then go on say a loud azan, a loud iqama, and go about your own prayers on earliest time of Fajr, duhur, and maghrib.

Now if all the late comers ask you to join for jamat, just tell them it is way past the early time for prayers anyway.

You are lucky, you are getting an "Amr Bil Maroof and Nahi Anil Munkir" opportunity. Use this event and increase your hasanat.

With Sunni's its either - 'PRAY ON TIME OR BEATS FROM LEADER'

They don't really engage in their prayers, it seems so.. monotone.. And then they are quickly out, no tasbih, no dua :\ That's what ive noticed any ways..

Okay shi'a aren't as punctual, no way we are.. But it seems as though we actually take our prayers SERIOUSLY, and we aren't FORCED as they are.. Literally they are forced, from what I can assume.

I think times have changed. Shia Muslims have the mindset that they have to prepare themselves for the coming Imam Mahdi (aj) and so they know have to fulfill all their wajibaat and increase their self-development in terms of the nafs.

Imam Hassan al-askari (as) has the beautiful hadith in which he outlines the 5 signs of a shia/mumin. One of them is praying 51 rakat a day. So even if we don't pray all 51, we will still put effort in doing as much mustahab as we all want to be in the army of Imam mahdi (aj).

(salam)

It is sad that most of the Shias especially youth are not regular in their prayers around me. They go to far away places for Matam and Azadari but donot take care of their prayers and i often talk with them and try to convince them that without prayer their Azadari will not be accepted but they seldom listen and this is the tragedy of Shias of Pakistan.

(salam)

I don't like to generalize, but what I did notice is that Sunnis seem to pray the daily nawafil more than the Shi'a, which is quite depressing. Isn't there the hadith where a man is not from the Shi'a if there are non Shi'a around him who are more pious?

For me a person who does not care of Namaz is not lover and follower of Ahl ul Bayt a.s. My local paish namaz said today that "A person who does not submit to Allah and who does not offer Namaz factually and actually does not recognize Allah". This is the requirement of "Ma'arfat of Allah" that you must worship Him and if you do not then i am sorry to say that you do not have faith in oneness of Allah and you do not recognize Him as your LORD.

Isa bin Abdullah Qummi entered in the presence of Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.).

The Imam said “That person is not from us nor do we hold him in esteem, the one who, if he lives in a town of a population of hundred thousand and there is even one non-Shia who is more pious than him.”

Talk about high standards. In my town, I can say Shias definitely are by far more pious than a whole lot of people that I know.

it's a shame that we can openly admit that sunnis are more punctual in prayers than us, Shia. We should be the most punctual in our prayers :)

For we are the followers of the Ahul Bayt, the best of creations, we should have no excuses, this is to myself, first and foremost.

"Become an ornament for us, do not be a disgrace for us."

~ Imam al-Sadiq (a) ~