Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Sorry you had to go through that. A hate blog? Dang...people are the same everywhere! :(

I believe we are flawed being. That requires us to forge ahead and keep hoping to not repeat the mistakes. A blog is essentially an intimate expression of who we are right? That is the best and the most insidious way of sharing your own perspective. I can disapprove of all the assertions on the blog, but that is what will sometimes take root. 

Is there a blog about you out there as well :) ?

Oh, I'm sure I've been mentioned with immense disdain in a great many blogs (for non-relationship reasons)....I've been married since before the last Ice Age. It's more the relatives. My personal "favorite" was when one of them ,drunk probably, sent a text to everyone in his contact list about how his wife was cheating on him ...with another one of the relatives. My daughter was in high school at the time and could have gone all year without getting that text in the middle of class.

On 12/30/2015 at 0:21 PM, LeftCoastMom said:

Oh, I'm sure I've been mentioned with immense disdain in a great many blogs (for non-relationship reasons)....I've been married since before the last Ice Age. It's more the relatives. My personal "favorite" was when one of them ,drunk probably, sent a text to everyone in his contact list about how his wife was cheating on him ...with another one of the relatives. My daughter was in high school at the time and could have gone all year without getting that text in the middle of class.

Ouch. Thats not nice. 

On 12/30/2015 at 1:03 AM, hameedeh said:

@reckless.spouse If you had said, "After my divorce I married again," I would have thought you must be a relative of mine and made an account here, because your situation looks just like his. InshaAllah you will find the one who matches you. :) 

I believe that to be true. And I think I am too traditional for a man to find someone here. I have lately felt it is probably best to try to meet people who potentially work in the same industry. Though I can be so wrong. Thanks for your dua :)

On 12/30/2015 at 0:57 AM, starlight said:

@Irfani313bro 

"You both could differ on many small things, but if you differ on your fundamentals that you really care about, it will be hard to live the life with such a person. "

For many of us that fundamental is being a practising shia muslim, which isn't a wrong or bad criteria but by no means a sufficient one. 

True. There in lies the problem . The terms 'practising' is very fluid now. 

Wow. This thread was a roller coaster of contradicting emotions. It taught me a lesson I should already have learnt: Religion that is not built on ethical moral grounds will be lead to more harm than good.

Elhamdulillah for all that happens, and may Allah swt bless us all with strength and patience to navigate through life with all the buried mines waiting to be triggered, for verily we'll all taste hardships in one way or another. I'm glad you (the OP) are more in harmony now though, it shows incredible stamina and faith in Allah swt as it wasn't just a bad nightmare, there was a lesson for you to learn and grow from, and you seem to have picked up on that. Learn, grow, and be the best you can be for the sake of Allah, and Allah alone.

All the best.