In the Name of God بسم الله

A Query About Hindu Beliefs

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

In The Name of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, The Most Beneficent, The Most Merciful.

Assalamualaykum wa RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATOH.

I hope you are all in the best of health and faith. :D

Recently, on another thread, Satyaban used the word "satuguru". I was wondering what it means and, so, would be very grateful if he could any other adherent of Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism) could answer me about that.

I have seen on the internet some Hindus who reject the whole notion of idols - or, atleast, this is what I have understood which MAY BE WRONG. Can you shed some light as to whether such people exist in Sanatana Dharma?

I also had a specific question for Brother Satyaban: "If the above is true and there are followers of Sanatana Dharma who reject idols, then do you agree with them?"

I have no intention of hurting or offending the Hindu brother here so, if any of my comments/questions here have hurt you, I am extremely sorry and hope you will forgive me.

May Allah (SWT) bless us all, our families and loved ones, may He guide us all to The Straight Path with His Perfect Guidance and may He, The Forgiver of Sins and The Oft-Forgiving, forgive all our sins for, indeed, there is neither any refuge nor any respite except in Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

• 1 month later...

satguru does not merely mean true guru The term is distinguished from other forms of gurus, such as musical instructors, scriptural teachers, parents, and so on. The satguru is a title given specifically only to an enlightened saint whose life's purpose is to guide initiated shisya along the spiritual path, the summation of which is the realization of the self through realization of the god who is omnipresent. A Satguru has some special characteristics that are not found in any other types of Spiritual Guru.

There are 4 types of Satguru

1. Nitya Anadi Satguru - He is the Eternal Satguru and has been addressed as Sukrit Deo, Atri, Jyoti, Aj and Sanatan in the Vedas. He has also been mentioned in the Upanishads as Amanava Purusha (Superhuman being). He can take a human form at his will.
  2. Swayamsiddha Satguru
  3. Abhayassiddha Satguru
  4. Parampara Satguru

He is the real Sadhu, who can reveal the form of the Formless to the vision of these eyes;

Who teaches the simple way of attaining Him, that is other than rites or ceremonies;

Who does not make you close the doors, and hold the breath, and renounce the world;

Who makes you perceive the Supreme Spirit wherever the mind attaches itself;

Who teaches you to be still in the midst of all your activities.

Ever immersed in bliss, having no fear in his mind, he keeps the spirit of union in the midst of all enjoyments.

The infinite dwelling of the Infinite Being is everywhere: in earth, water, sky, and air;

Firm as the thunderbolt, the seat of the seeker is established above the void.

He who is within is without: I see Him and none else.

Edited by varun loves ahlulbayt