Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Golden-crowned

"astral Projection Practices"

Rate this topic

Salam

Is practicing to do Astral projection considered as a gonah?

Has anyone here had any experience of doing it?

personally, I think it will be harmful, because we can be in touch with jins directly.

it happens to some people naturally, but i dono that is there any kind of suggestion in islamic laws about this matter?

Edited by Najva

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

It is usually a drug induced state of being or a very high meditative state where it is said your soul leaves your body. Whether it comes back or not, there's no guarantee :)

it has nothing to do with any drug and it happens naturally.

when you sleep you don't need to use drug, right?

astral projection is only like sleeping but you are aware and you can choose where to go.

Edited by Golden-crowned

I have heard many stories of how it would go horribly wrong, but never have I heard one's soul being trapped. And if so, what would happen to it? Does it return to Allah or does it stay trapped?

I honestly would not mind trying it but I am mostly worried about the fact that other entities would be able to enter one's body. I would not gamble with letting in an evil entity in.

it has nothing to do with any drug and it happens naturally.

when you sleep you don't need to use drug, right?

astral projection is only like sleeping but you are aware and you can choose where to go.

Such high states of being cannot be acheived by Meditation alone. Even after years of seclusion and meditation, it would be next to impossible to be able to have an OOBE in your sleep. Usually it happens with high doses of potent drugs and what they also term as Near Death Experiences

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-death_experience

they call this remote viewing now ,it's become a secret science called PSI (parapsychology) that is exploited by the CIA black ops divisions to gather intel info.

some of their practitioners are very gifted .

google Tim Rifat , ex  CIA remote viewer and whistle blower .

He has much respect for the :Shia and is one of most interesting experts on such matters .

If you can comprehend his thinking and the Psi language he uses  , it will blow you away.

But do not try this at home , your soul , mind and body are the most advance technologies in existence given to you by your :Creator.

Do not try to use it without it's manual (:Quran ) and it's guides (:Ahylul-Bayt (as)).

I have heard many stories of how it would go horribly wrong, but never have I heard one's soul being trapped. And if so, what would happen to it? Does it return to Allah or does it stay trapped?

I honestly would not mind trying it but I am mostly worried about the fact that other entities would be able to enter one's body. I would not gamble with letting in an evil entity in.

whenever I do OBE , during doing it I am so worried about going far from my body...specially since the time I saw a creature near by my bed watching me...

there is a connection between astral body and physical body through back of physical body. whenever I want to come back to my body I just focus on my back and I am pulled into my body right away.

well, even if u sleep, you leave ur psychical body , so someone may enter your body, right?

whenever I do OBE , during doing it I am so worried about going far from my body...specially since the time I saw a creature near by my bed watching me...

there is a connection between astral body and physical body through back of physical body. whenever I want to come back to my body I just focus on my back and I am pulled into my body right away.

well, even if u sleep, you leave ur psychical body , so someone may enter your body, right?

How do you do OBEs? Do you have a method or does it happen naturally? How did you achieve this?

How do you do OBEs? Do you have a method or does it happen naturally? How did you achieve this?

some people do it naturally and when you ask them how? they reply that they don't know exactly how. but I do it in simple way.

you need to lie down and be relax...focus on your body and control your mind.

it is like when u are falling into sleep but you keep yourself aware...depends on your astral body and this fact that how much it is flexible, after sometime you feel that you are floating...this feeling will continue till the time that you leave your physical body.

it needs practice for someone who has never done OPE.

some people do it naturally and when you ask them how? they reply that they don't know exactly how. but I do it in simple way.

you need to lie down and be relax...focus on your body and control your mind.

it is like when u are falling into sleep but you keep yourself aware...depends on your astral body and this fact that how much it is flexible, after sometime you feel that you are floating...this feeling will continue till the time that you leave your physical body.

it needs practice for someone who has never done OPE.

The more critical question I have for you, has this been a result of any spiritual excercises? Does doing an OBE have any impact on you spiritually, does it make you feel closer to Allah swt and help in obedience? Or do you find it just fun/entertainment supernatural kind of activity?

And how does one control their mind?... I think this is the most difficult step.

The more critical question I have for you, has this been a result of any spiritual excercises? Does doing an OBE have any impact on you spiritually, does it make you feel closer to Allah swt and help in obedience? Or do you find it just fun/entertainment supernatural kind of activity?

And how does one control their mind?... I think this is the most difficult step.

has this been a result of any spiritual excercises?

no, I don't call it spiritual exercise. it is something that even a guilty person can do with practice.

Does doing an OBE have any impact on you spiritually, does it make you feel closer to Allah swt and help in obedience?

well, for me , yes  it has very good impact. first of all...I noticed about what is going on in my unconscious.

I understood root of my weaknesses in my unconscious.

earlier I used to think Jiins and Shaytan don't have very big affect on us and if we do anything wrong , it is because of our direct decision  and nobody really encourages us to do it. but since I saw a creature during OBE, I am more aware of whispers in my ears and I noticed that how they convince us to commit a sin.

in fact, they understand roots of our weakness more then what we understand about our self because we only feel things in physical realm and sometimes when we do a sin, it takes long time to show its affects in our physical life but in the same time it has quick influence on our astral and upper astral bodies.

and also when you learn to control your mind to do OBE . after a while you see, you have more control on ur thoughts when you pray or when you are talking to people...if someone practice it very well, I think it will help him/her to over come his/her unwanted rage.

And how does one control their mind?

it needs practice.

first of you should let thoughts cross your mind one by one but you should not continue thinking about them. you just let them come and go with out staying in your mind.

it is difficult in the beginning but when you learned it, it will be easier to focus.

after all, I think OBE is dangerous for common people and not recommended by Imams.

if someone does it for fun, it will be more dangerous.

when you enter astral level, as if you are entering Jiin's territory...they are more able than us in that realm but we are more able than them in physical realm.

Edited by Golden-crowned

the Quran states that Shaitaan whispers to the heart not to the ear as you mentioned, also i am sorry to debunk you like this publicly, but you are not telling the truth, and this experience is mere fantasy and imagination, this is not true and nobody has the power to do such things because it is God who takes away the soul and returns it, there is many quranic verses which state this explicitly, and you claim that you have somehow managed to do something God did not give you authority to do nor the ability to do

this is fantasy and imagination 

the Quran states that Shaitaan whispers to the heart not to the ear as you mentioned, also i am sorry to debunk you like this publicly, but you are not telling the truth, and this experience is mere fantasy and imagination, this is not true and nobody has the power to do such things because it is God who takes away the soul and returns it, there is many quranic verses which state this explicitly, and you claim that you have somehow managed to do something God did not give you authority to do nor the ability to do

I am sorry to tell you this but you are an ignorant who doesn't know anything that is why you call me liar. and if you are a muslim and I am a muslim too, I will not forgive you because of this accusation.

if your going to be talking about something from an "Islamic" point of view, at least get your fact right so you dont look foolish 

and i dont care for your accepting my apology because i did not apologize to you

and you should be apologizing to people for spreading falsehood and passing it off as Islamic, this is pure misguidance and deviance and bidah 

you give me one proof from the Quran or the Imams about this foreign topic you are discussing?

Edited by yukapuka2

I do not know if it will help you spiritually but it will prepare you mentally. Even if you do not believe in Astral Projection you might have had a similar dream where you were in control. I do not know what happened a day ago but I was in control of what I was dreaming of and it honestly gave me a sense of what you will feel after passing away; loneliness. I tried to get out of my dream quickly because I was not ready for this nor was I expecting to control my dreams at all (apparently it would take you around 2 weeks to lucid dream). While I was dreaming I told myself to get out quickly. I woke up with my feet moving very fast.

If you ever do get a chance to be in control, you will understand what I am talking about. Some people talked about their lucid dream—unsure about astral projection—being beautiful, some talked about how it was horrible. 

I do not really know what the dream was, if it was a lucid dream, an astral projection, or a nightmare, but it did give me a sense of how death feels like and how lonely one feels.

I do not really know what the dream was, if it was a lucid dream, an astral projection, or a nightmare, but it did give me a sense of how death feels like and how lonely one feels.

you are right. I had the same feeling. I noticed that attachment between physical body and other bodies is so strong. even after I left my physical body I was worried about it. I had doubt to going far from it and not be able to come back.

I think people who are truly spiritual, they have less attachment to their physical body and death will be easier for them.

What he said about the jinn is real, not fantasy, not imagination - if you have never experienced these things in all of your 'awakenings' then that is a limitation on your part, and you are speaking from ignorance. And I think because you keep claiming all over the place that this is all fantasy and imagination - that it has become a veil over your own eyes. The day you open yourself to the possibility, you will see. This has nothing to do with spiritual elevation or truth in religion, this is just about the spiritual sciences - if you can open your spiritual vision to the world around you, you will witness it.

The jinn - and even human beings - can easily send out a spiritual 'suggestion' towards you. If you are weak minded, the suggestion will be very subtle to you and you will passively accept this suggestion as your own thoughts / feelings and act accordingly. Anyone can do it if they have the spiritual strength. The suggestion can be sent out directly as a thought, or as a voice, or as an emotion/feeling. If the Qur'an says the suggestion goes to the persons heart then so be it, but the fact is that you can send out a suggestion in any manner and direction, you don't really have to focus on the persons heart to make it work.

What he said about the jinn is real, not fantasy, not imagination - if you have never experienced these things in all of your 'awakenings' then that is a limitation on your part, and you are speaking from ignorance. And I think because you keep claiming all over the place that this is all fantasy and imagination - that it has become a veil over your own eyes. The day you open yourself to the possibility, you will see. This has nothing to do with spiritual elevation or truth in religion, this is just about the spiritual sciences - if you can open your spiritual vision to the world around you, you will witness it.

The jinn - and even human beings - can easily send out a spiritual 'suggestion' towards you. If you are weak minded, the suggestion will be very subtle to you and you will passively accept this suggestion as your own thoughts / feelings and act accordingly. Anyone can do it if they have the spiritual strength. The suggestion can be sent out directly as a thought, or as a voice, or as an emotion/feeling. If the Qur'an says the suggestion goes to the persons heart then so be it, but the fact is that you can send out a suggestion in any manner and direction, you don't really have to focus on the persons heart to make it work.

How can you say it is real but nobody can attest to it? Anything which has so much claim but so much un-certainty is proof in its being fake. I am not limited, when i speak of the nafs and its unveiling, i speak of something which cannot be described by words and i have to use weak and mere analogies to try to describe something which has no parallel, and yest this "soul leaving the body" which has nothing to do with God and has no mention or discussion by anything and anyone except the unbelieving people and people who believe in UFO's and other nonsense is nothing more the wishful  thinking

what i am talking about i come with proof of it by my own self with my own real experiences, but this is just conjecture and nobody has actually done it or knows how to do it except give "suggestions" just proves how fantastical it is

dont believe everything people say, it is insulting to the intellect and reason and also shirk to believe something or someone has power which God did not authorize, to be claiming to be able to "leave the body" is just mere fantasy and impossible feat before death or outside sleep, and even sleep is not really leaving the body, it is just analogized that way but your body and soul is still one, and until death there is no parting, this is a divine law 

Imam Ali said the universe is within you, so there is no need to go anywhere everything is right here 

(salam)

what i am talking about i come with proof of it by my own self with my own real experiences, but this is just conjecture and nobody has actually done it or knows how to do it except give "suggestions" just proves how fantastical it is

And this is what I'm talking about - when it's a real experience for you then you are considering it to be real, but when other people are speaking about their experiences, all of a sudden it's fake / conjecture / lies and it's not real. Why the difference? You are always faced with skepticism in your threads and you keep arguing to everyone, and battling so hard and trying to prove it to them - so why are you now being that same source of skepticism here and in threads of these sort? Why don't you want to keep an open mind here and see what happens?

How can you say it is real but nobody can attest to it? Anything which has so much claim but so much un-certainty is proof in its being fake. I am not limited, when i speak of the nafs and its unveiling, i speak of something which cannot be described by words and i have to use weak and mere analogies to try to describe something which has no parallel, and yest this "soul leaving the body" which has nothing to do with God and has no mention or discussion by anything and anyone except the unbelieving people and people who believe in UFO's and other nonsense is nothing more the wishful  thinking

dont believe everything people say, it is insulting to the intellect and reason and also shirk to believe something or someone has power which God did not authorize, to be claiming to be able to "leave the body" is just mere fantasy and impossible feat before death or outside sleep, and even sleep is not really leaving the body, it is just analogized that way but your body and soul is still one, and until death there is no parting, this is a divine law 

Imam Ali said the universe is within you, so there is no need to go anywhere everything is right here 

Please read that quote of Imam Ali (as) again from the beginning, I believe it starts with: "Your cure is within you, but you do not see; And your problem is from you, but you are not aware of it; Do you think that you are but a small thing, when the great universe lies within you."

If you keep telling yourself that all of this is fake, then of course you will never see because you are blinding yourself - your problem stems from you.

We know in the Qur'an that a person's spirit leaves their body when they sleep (39:42), and we even have hadith that support this:

Imam al-Baqir (as) said, 'When people sleep, their spirits go out into the sky. Whatever the spirit sees while in the sky is true, and whatever it sees on the way in the wind are just muddled dreams.’ [Amali al-Saduq, p. 125, no. 16]

Imam al-Kadhim (as) said, 'When man sleeps, the animal spirit within him remains with his body, and that which leaves it is the rational spirit.’ [bihar al-Anwar, v. 61, p. 43, no. 19]

Considering Qur'an and hadith, is it really that far-fetched to think that a person can remain conscious of this event?... 

Adding to this, there are also notes from the scholars who say that it's possible to reach a very high level where a person can do this easily and at will:

"[Ayatullah Bahjat] is described by imam Khomeini as one "… who enjoys the ability for 'death by choice'; in other words, he can extract his soul from his body then returns it any time he wants. This is regarded as one of the lofty stations the Gnostics can reach along the trip to the path and the Gnostic conduct." (source)
Edited by Fuan

Brother,I had the experience of Astral Projection , I perform it when i want or before sleeping at night..
It is a wonderful world brother.Just keep your thoughts positive and there will be no harm to you
And if your soul leaves your body,it is somehow connected to the body by which if anyone tries to "Wake" you up,then your soul will be automatically pulled back to your body and you will feel like you were dreaming !!!
Just Keep Your Thoughts Positive !!!!
Feel free to try it.
There is no harm in it.

First time I did it , I went to moon :) Remember:
JUST KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS POSITIVE!!!

On 9/1/2013 at 5:24 PM, Golden-crowned said:

has this been a result of any spiritual excercises?

no, I don't call it spiritual exercise. it is something that even a guilty person can do with practice.

Does doing an OBE have any impact on you spiritually, does it make you feel closer to Allah swt and help in obedience?

well, for me , yes  it has very good impact. first of all...I noticed about what is going on in my unconscious.

I understood root of my weaknesses in my unconscious.

earlier I used to think Jiins and Shaytan don't have very big affect on us and if we do anything wrong , it is because of our direct decision  and nobody really encourages us to do it. but since I saw a creature during OBE, I am more aware of whispers in my ears and I noticed that how they convince us to commit a sin.

in fact, they understand roots of our weakness more then what we understand about our self because we only feel things in physical realm and sometimes when we do a sin, it takes long time to show its affects in our physical life but in the same time it has quick influence on our astral and upper astral bodies.

and also when you learn to control your mind to do OBE . after a while you see, you have more control on ur thoughts when you pray or when you are talking to people...if someone practice it very well, I think it will help him/her to over come his/her unwanted rage.

And how does one control their mind?

it needs practice.

first of you should let thoughts cross your mind one by one but you should not continue thinking about them. you just let them come and go with out staying in your mind.

it is difficult in the beginning but when you learned it, it will be easier to focus.

after all, I think OBE is dangerous for common people and not recommended by Imams.

if someone does it for fun, it will be more dangerous.

when you enter astral level, as if you are entering Jiin's territory...they are more able than us in that realm but we are more able than them in physical realm.

If you keep your thoughts positive,You will leave the jinns Beyond.And you will be in a wonderful place :)