Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
MoeZiyadi

Imam Hussein Battle Of Karabla Question

Rate this topic

Salam my fellow brothers and sisters,

I had a question regarding the death of the 3rd Imam, Hussein(as). While having a discussion with a Sunni friend of mines about shi'a beliefs he brought up the idea that the people of present day Karabla ancestors had killed the 3rd Imam(as). He then claimed this was the reason behind the hitting of oneself on Ashura. They felt responsible and this was a way to show their sorrow to the Imam.

My questions are as followed:

1. Does this story have any truth to it?

2. If it doesn't, why would our sunni brothers claim this?

3. If there is any truth to it, can someone explain the story to me with a reliable source to back it up?

Peace be upon you all and much thanks to those that can help a brother on his path of knowledge.

Funny how every other 'shia' these days has a sunni friend who asks him some apparantly tough questions; the sort of questions which are so lame and popular amongst anti-shias on the internet. I obviously still can't judge your intentions but i'll advise you to use common sense and try figuring the answers to those questions yourself. Your sunni friend has presented an idea. So the onus is on him to back it with credible references and you should ask him (not shias) why he (and other sunni muslims like him) believe in such stories.

And as far as shias are concerned, the tragedy of Karbala is about distinguishing right from wrong, realising how the spirit of Islam was saved, commemorating the martyrdom of the beloved child (Grandchild) of the Prophet P.b.u.H and mourning at His suffering/death and that of other martyrs of karbala just as we would mourn at the suffering/death of our own family members. We don't mourn because we feel responsible for killing Him lol Instead we send lanat on those who were responsible for the tragedy of Karbala.

Salams

Waalykumsalam wa RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATOH MoeZiyadi.

In The Name of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, The Most Beneficent, The Most Merciful.

1. It is NOT true.

2. They would do so for the simple reason that they want to malign the Shias and defame them by saying they were the ones who killed Imam Hussain (as) and, obviously, the ones who killed the Imam (as) are the wrong sect. While, in fact, it was those who believe in the Sunni belief of whoever is the Caliph is worthy of obedience who followed Yazid the tyrant and killed the Imam (as) .

3. Since, it is false, this question is irrelevant.

By the way, I would advise you to listen to Insha Allah's advice and ask them to bring forth proof for such ridiculous and absurd fairy tales!

INSHALLAH, I have been helpful, clear and objective in my reasoning, and have not hurt anyone. :D

May Allah (SWT) bless us all, our families and loved ones, may He guide us all to The Straight Path with His Perfect Guidance and may He, The Forgiver of Sins and The Oft-Forgiving, forgive all our sins for, indeed, there is neither any refuge nor any respite for the sinners except in Allah سبحانه وتعالى.

I had a question regarding the death of the 3rd Imam, Hussein(as). While having a discussion with a Sunni friend of mines about shi'a beliefs he brought up the idea that the people of present day Karabla ancestors had killed the 3rd Imam(as). He then claimed this was the reason behind the hitting of oneself on Ashura. They felt responsible and this was a way to show their sorrow to the Imam.

3. If there is any truth to it, can someone explain the story to me with a reliable source to back it up?

Peace be upon you all and much thanks to those that can help a brother on his path of knowledge.

salam Alaikum

one suggestion, whenever you heard such funny things, just ask that sunni about the source, if anyone claim something must have proofs.

if he for example said my source is book X, you go and check, then if there were that subject you can look for it's validity.

Funny how every other 'shia' these days has a sunni friend who asks him some apparantly tough questions; the sort of questions which are so lame and popular amongst anti-shias on the internet. I obviously still can't judge your intentions but i'll advise you to use common sense and try figuring the answers to those questions yourself. Your sunni friend has presented an idea. So the onus is on him to back it with credible references and you should ask him (not shias) why he (and other sunni muslims like him) believe in such stories.

And as far as shias are concerned, the tragedy of Karbala is about distinguishing right from wrong, realising how the spirit of Islam was saved, commemorating the martyrdom of the beloved child (Grandchild) of the Prophet P.b.u.H and mourning at His suffering/death and that of other martyrs of karbala just as we would mourn at the suffering/death of our own family members. We don't mourn because we feel responsible for killing Him lol Instead we send lanat on those who were responsible for the tragedy of Karbala.

Salams

Sunni Conversion Manual - Successfully hunted many Sunnis with this:

http://www.shiachat....__fromsearch__1

I recently check mated a group of my Sunni friends on Khums (quoted an Ayat. qutoed a few hadith and asked why Sunnis don't pay khums? ), poor guys are still searching why don't they pay khums :) before they could bother me with some other silly question.. lol

Edited by Waiting for HIM

Salaam

There is thread by the name "can we say sunnis killed Imam Hussain a.s", go through it.

JazakAllah

Salams

He is a Shia....