Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
asian_doll

What Does Sistani Say About Make-up And Eyebrows?

Rate this topic

ive been doing some research and the rulings of Ayatollah Sistani are unclear with these two topics..

what i want to know is..

1. is make-up permissable? and when i say make-up im referring to things like concealer/foundation which cover blemishes

2. can we get our eyebrows shaped?

id really appreciate it if you could help me..

jazakallah..

xxx

you can get yur eyebrows shaped/pluck upperlips etc /i.e. remove unwanted hair from your face w/o worrying abt na-mehrams. it is permissible

if you wnat to apply makeup however, yu are allowed to do so but then you would have to cover the make-uped parts from na-mehrams. only exceptional makeup which i am aware of which may not need to be concealed from ne mehrams is face powder and maybe surma. im not sure abt surma though, so you'd want to check tht out. also keep in midn that surma and eyeliner/eye pencils/kajal are different and not the same thing

ive been doing some research and the rulings of Ayatollah Sistani are unclear with these two topics..

what i want to know is..

1. is make-up permissable? and when i say make-up im referring to things like concealer/foundation which cover blemishes

2. can we get our eyebrows shaped?

id really appreciate it if you could help me..

jazakallah..

xxx

I follow Sayed Sistani as well and in his book he states that as long as the intention of the woman is not to attract men nd cause fitna'h then it is permissible i.e make up and shaping eye brows.

you can get yur eyebrows shaped/pluck upperlips etc /i.e. remove unwanted hair from your face w/o worrying abt na-mehrams. it is permissible

if you wnat to apply makeup however, yu are allowed to do so but then you would have to cover the make-uped parts from na-mehrams. only exceptional makeup which i am aware of which may not need to be concealed from ne mehrams is face powder and maybe surma. im not sure abt surma though, so you'd want to check tht out. also keep in midn that surma and eyeliner/eye pencils/kajal are different and not the same thing

what's surma?

thank you for responding.. where did you get this information from? do you have any literature or something to prove it? i have actually emailed the ayatollah himself however he has not yet responded..

I follow Sayed Sistani as well and in his book he states that as long as the intention of the woman is not to attract men nd cause fitna'h then it is permissible i.e make up and shaping eye brows. what's surma?

which book is this of his?

Question: It is normal these days for a woman to put on mascara and make-up, wear rings, necklaces and bracelets for beauty and then go out in front of people in the markets and streets.

Answer: This is not permissible for her except for mascara and rings provided that she is safe from falling into forbidden activities and does not intend by it to excite non-mahram men.

This is not permissible for her EXCEPT for mascara and rings PROVIDED that she is safe from falling into forbidden activities and does not intend by it to excite non-mahram men.

This suggests that it is not permission APART from mascara and rings - it goes on to says these two are permissible PROVIDED/AS LONG AS she is safe from falling into forbidden activities and does not intend by it to excite non-mahrem men.

Misunderstanding this can change the entire meaning of the answer, if you ask for clarification you will be told the above.

On 8/22/2016 at 7:41 AM, j.angel said:

It is permissible to wear makeup giving your intention is not to attract attention from the opposite gender. 

It clearly says that except for collyrium and ringsSo make up is not allowed.

Intention plays a big role in everything but can you be certain that not even that little one time you actually did it to look good for non mahram?just like men going topless at the beach  for example they might have had no intention of showing off then they see some girl they like and all of a sudden intention changes so just like makeup your better off avoiding it Wether it’s haram or halal that’s just my opinion