Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Sweetn

Why Hizbollah?

Rate this topic

Salaam. I know this may sound as a stupid question but I'm not really that into politics. What does everybody have against hizbollah? I mean I have a lot of friends from libanon who hate hizbollah but why? Can you just explain to me in short terms wht hizbollah is about.

Jazak'Allah khayr :)

Fi amanillah

It depends on which Lebanese you are referring to. And really, who cares? Hezbollah and the Amal Movement (i.e., the Resistance) are supported by virtually every Shi'a community in Lebanon. This is the same community that established the Resistance and the same community that has suffered the harshest treatment at the hands of Israeli occupation. Hezbollah is an armed, indigenous resistance movement that was established to combat Israeli occupation. There are those factions in Lebanon that want the organization disarmed, yet provide no solutions as to how Lebanon is to go about defending itself from Israeli aggression. There are those who are so shameful that they will point to Israel's withdrawal in 2000 as a reason for disarming the Resistance, as if the war with Israeli hegemony ended in 2000--as if Israeli hasn't violated Lebanese sovereignty tens of thousands of times since 2000.

I'm sure most of the hostilities come from Christian factions (i.e., the feudalists) and the Sunnis. You should analyze Sunni politics in Lebanon. It's quite the treat.

At the end of the day, sovereignty lies in the hands of the people, not an abstract state that never was. There would be no need for a grassroots resistance movement if the state the nationalists love so much existed and took measures to protect its people.

Better yet, tell your friends to come here. I'd love to chat with them.

It's a question of alliances. On the one hand, you have Israel and Saudi Arabia that the US back up. Knowing that Rafic Hariri was extremely close to the royal family of Saudi, and had both Lebanese and Saudi citizenship, which is usually not allowed in Saudi (to have 2 passports). On the other hand, you have Syria and Iran that back up Hezbollah. So here we have direct confrontation between Sunnis and Shiia (those who support Hariri, and those who support Hezbollah). As for the Christians, they are divided: some are nationalists and don't like Muslims at all(the Lebanese Forces), some ally to the Sunnis, and some ally to Hezbollah (Michel Aoun and his Orange party).

So those that hate Hezbollah are Hariri's muslim and christian supporters, and the nationalists Christians.

Apart from that, Hezbollah is extremely powerful in Lebanon, and their head is very smart and charismatic. I think that's what freaks the US and their allies out.

salam alaykom

This question repeated itself throughout history....... why was almost everyone against imam ali (3) even though he was the perfect khalifa and yet the 5awarij called him kafer?........ why did the muslims kill imam hussein (3) eventhough he was fighting for the sake of islam?........ i guess justice isn't perceived well these days as always....... everyone is against the path of salah and so few stand up and fight for it while others are abeed donya

Shia lebanese are one of the most honorable and kind people I have met. As a christian syrian I fully support the resistance and I am saddened by the suffering of shia in south-lebanon during the occupation. Those who are against the resistance are nothing more than traitors.

That has been my experience too. They are beautiful people and very tolerant of others - people hate them because they were the lowest class in Lebanon, and nobody came to their aid when the Israeli's invaded. The non-Shia in the North could not care less about the suffering. This is partially the result of colonial self-hate that many Arab, African and Asian people feel. I think jealousy explains the rest. The Shia have saved Lebanon and have not taken revenge and that is hard to take if you think you are superior to them and they respond in a Christ like manner.

In lebanon even the christioan people support Hizballab, because lebanon has no Militia itself, Hizballah tries to keep the land safe from the Israeli forces.

But there is a point that this group is SHia and are against Israel, America and other enemies, and ofcource Iran support them, so I think it would be a good reason for the poople to be for or against them . :shifty:

there are a lot of haters of ahlulbayt supporters because we are seen as people of "bid3a" / "innovation"

a lot of people (sunnis mainly) hate hezbullah ONLy because they are shia! and some times ignorant people expect the world from hisbullah always asking why hezbullah doesnt finish off israel without realising that hizbullah is only a resistance movement and not an entire country! the reason they were established in teh first place is to resisit and drive out the occupiers in the 80s from lebanon

Hezbollah are an Shia group that protect Leabanon from the zionists, Israel. Me too, I know people who hates on Hezbollah, they are saying to me that they are just destroying the country itself. But they don't know thant in 1980, they kickout Israel from the country. Israel was having all Leabanon to himself, they were having tanks in Beirut. But they've got all their tanks destroyed.

Labayka ya Nasrallah!!

Hizbullah is party of Allah plus the leader syed hassan nasrullah is loved by majority of Muslims people's who don't like him are Wahhabis as they are group who always created problems for whole umma plus they are supported by Saudi Arabia in my country Pakistan Shia brother are killed by Wahhabis becoz they get money for killing Shia people in Pakistan from Saudi,s

Syed hassan nasrullah is the leader who starts sacrifice from own home Abu Hadi he is labaik ya nasrullah

Salam Aleikum!

This article is written with a hostile intention and distortions, but still it shows the insight into Hizbullah's realization of Islam's soft-power capabilities and also shows that Lebanon is one of the few places in the Muslim world (at least the ones I saw) where Islam is less cultural and is truly a lifestyle.

The Militarization of Sex

http://www.foreignpo...rization_of_sex

Edited by Hoper

What is there to hate? The fact that Hezbollah fights for the Arab cause? For the Muslim cause? The fact that Hezbollah stood up against Israeli agression and violations, occupations and injustice?

Or maybe the fact that Hezbollah wants the Lebanese government to start drilling for oil and make Lebanon a place of well living with energy?

Hezbollah is wonderful and all, but in the interest of answering the question it could be because they were formed in direct opposition to things like Phalangists and the Israelis. So if someone supports those, that's a reason. There are Americans who hold Hezbollah responsible for the 1983 Beirut Bombing which killed many US Marines, so there's that reason. Finally, there are people who think that Iranians shouldn't be involved in Lebanese politics, so that's a reason.

That's why some people are against Hezbollah. But I'm not, so don't bother chewing me out.

Hizbollah is an armed organization that developed during the israeli invasion in the 1980s. Ofcoarse over the coarse of the years hizbollah as aquired unimaginable power and military strategies. It is lead today by al sayyid Hasan Nasrallah. They protect lebanon from israel and their soul purpose is to wipe israel off the map and give back the holy land to rhe palestinians. Other movements in lebanon are scared of the deadly weapons that hizbollah has which makes the shia supirior over all factions. They are scared of a revolt which will never happen. They are now arming themselves to attack hisbollah. Israel and usa have used this hate to make saad al harireh a puppet that will help them defeat hizbollah. Unfortunaey sunnis now adays dispise the shia and want to get rid of it more than the jews themselves. Allah (swt) will know what to do about them.

Hezbollah is wonderful and all, but in the interest of answering the question it could be because they were formed in direct opposition to things like Phalangists and the Israelis. So if someone supports those, that's a reason. There are Americans who hold Hezbollah responsible for the 1983 Beirut Bombing which killed many US Marines, so there's that reason. Finally, there are people who think that Iranians shouldn't be involved in Lebanese politics, so that's a reason.

That's why some people are against Hezbollah. But I'm not, so don't bother chewing me out.

Oh i just wanted to say that usa doesnt care about the dead us marines. The american government is controlled by the zionests and they are using the strongest countrt in the world (USA) to get rid of hizbollah for the jews. Everyone hates shia but we wont lose hope

Hizbollah is an armed organization that developed during the israeli invasion in the 1980s. Ofcoarse over the coarse of the years hizbollah as aquired unimaginable power and military strategies. It is lead today by al sayyid Hasan Nasrallah. They protect lebanon from israel and their soul purpose is to wipe israel off the map and give back the holy land to rhe palestinians. Other movements in lebanon are scared of the deadly weapons that hizbollah has which makes the shia supirior over all factions. They are scared of a revolt which will never happen. They are now arming themselves to attack hisbollah. Israel and usa have used this hate to make saad al harireh a puppet that will help them defeat hizbollah. Unfortunaey sunnis now adays dispise the shia and want to get rid of it more than the jews themselves. Allah (swt) will know what to do about them.

Oh i just wanted to say that usa doesnt care about the dead us marines. The american government is controlled by the zionests and they are using the strongest countrt in the world (USA) to get rid of hizbollah for the jews. Everyone hates shia but we wont lose hope

The USA doesn't care about dead marines in the same way Iran doesn't care about Iranians who died in the Iran/Iraq War.

Which is that they do, very deeply, which should be obvious, and the words should have felt silly to say as you typed them.

I would answer the rest but starting from there there's not really a point, is there.

I have been trying to collect some reading materials on Lebanon. From therein, what I feel is that Hezbullah has gained a strong support in Lebanon. I can't comment if there are people in Lebanon who hate Hezbullah. I guess, it can be best said by the people who are living there.