Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Jinns And Hinduism

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam alekum, hope this is the right place to post this question as it involves hinduism. :S

So basically I've been doing some research on Jinns and how they were creating, what they do etc. I came across a post here on Shiachat that made me question a few points. I saw a post where if I read it correctly that apparently Hindus worship Jinns rather than God. If you look at some of the images that they worship couldn't they be Jinns? As we are unable to see Jinns in there natural form, however there are Jinns that 'shapeshift' into human forms or animals. So could this interlink with Hinduism as many pictures in Hinduism are involved with animal forms and human forms such as a snake etc. Also another question how did Hinduism come about? Was it created by man? Where did the scriptures come from etc?

Thanks in advance.

Salam.

Heres the link that I looked at: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/234986409-is-shaytan-physical-so-that-you-can-see-him/page__p__2168875__hl__jinns__fromsearch__1#entry2168875 .

^ I'm wondering where Hinduism emerged from as I believe it only states in the Quran the revelation of the Quran, the Bible and the Torah? Or does it mention Hinduism?

^ Also come to think of it, Hindus tend to put out food and stuff for their 'Gods' so could this would explain them feeding the Jinns?

• Advanced Member

it is absolutely wrong that there is any concept of jinns in hinduism(about god or even a deity). though quran or any of the 4 sacred books have not mentioned the concept of hinduism but it has also not denied their existence or anything like that where it(quran)has covered each and every aspect of the universe.

through my research i found out that it came from nooh(a.s) and later they started worshipping god by making idols so that it can help them worshipping

and meditating............

hope that it is true.

through my research i found out that it came from nooh(a.s) and later they started worshipping god by making idols so that it can help them worshipping

and meditating............

My knowledge of cow worshipping takes me to Moosa (A.S) ? :) cause that's where I know about it. It is said to have originated from Pagan's (Paganism) and Jewish traditions. The Holy Ka'aba which housed 360 idols >? a couple of them represented what the Hindus worship. Though the concept of Jinns is unknown to the Hindus, they believe in "celestial bodies" which have come down to earth from Heavens, in the form of women, animals ..... don't know if they have spirits ! They also have a God of Fire, who they call Agni Devta (Agni in Sanskrit means Fire).

Today too, the Jews consider the cow sacred and the killing of one of their sacred cow is a sign of the End of Times. They call her Melody !

So "Melody" .......... wherever you are, hope your'e hale n hearty and doing well for the sake of Kosher !

• Advanced Member

Salam

The main belief amongst Hindus is that the Vedas were the original scriptures revealed to saints through God, the one Bhagwan.

The Hindu belief is that there is one God, but He has many forms, which is where the idols come in...

So if you want wealth, pray to the Goddess of wealth

For knowledge, Goddess of knowledge

For new beginnings, God of goodluck (Ganesha) etcetc

Some Hindus only focus on one of these forms, and do not give any attention to the rest (lots of Shive worshippers, Krishna worshippers, etc.) Others just feel more connected to some deities than others...

Most, however, focus on a couple of major deities- these are different in the North and South, and in each part of India actually to some extent.

Now coming to your question of jinns...its a very interesting point you have brought across.

Hinduism believes in aatma, or the ruh/ spirit of a dead person...

not real concept of jinns as far as i know though...but brother worshiper had said things that are correct (not sure why they have been cut off)

Some Hindus have told me that there is a relationship with Hz Nuh (Noah's Ark story), whereas the story of Krishna to me is exactly that of Hz Moosa...literally Ive watched both movies and they were even pictured so similarly- with some differences too ofcourse (Krishna did not growup at the bad King's house, but grew up across the river)However, the King was killing every new born baby one lady had because he was told that he will be killed/overthrown by one of the children of this lady..but she sneaked him out across the river one night and he survived, to come back and fulfill the prophecy etc..

Hinduism does have the concept of avatar, which is a reincarnation of God coming down in human forms..i believe there are several of these which have happened and the last one is expected to be the Kalki Avatar, who the the awaiting savior according to Hinduism.

Most avatars come during the different yugs, or time periods lasting hundreds of thousands of years...we are currently in the Kal Yug, which is expected to be the worst, full of turmoils, disasters etc, and Kalki Avatar is expected to come in the yug...and once this yug is over, the cycle of the 4 yugas begins again...so time is cyclical in a way...

The forms of the idols are mainly imaginations by people, also based on mythology to a great extent...

Some Hindus say that they need a form to worship, in order to truely be close to God..and cannot worship the formless, since they need to have something to touch/imagine/experience/etc.

However, others who are more spiritually evolved, like the people in my family, etc, claim that they do not need a form to worship (do not believe in idol worship) and believe that God is everywhere, within everyone, and everyone is also God through that logic...and they focus a lot more of meditation and going within urself to find the divine within, rather than any ritualistic prayers to stone idols...

Hinduism on its own is veryyy vast...each Hindu has his/her own way of understanding and experiencing Hinduism...i had a friend whose mother was unbelievably strictly religious, and she would make clothes for the Gods statue, feed him, put him to sleep in his room, bath him with milk every morning, swing his cradle, etc...a silver statue of God....

Others, which i can say are a little bigger in number, have a couple of idols of the few Gods they believe in, in the side of the room (small temple) with incense sticks and/or diyas (small candles)...might pray to them once/twice a day, or once in a while.. and light the incense sticks/diyas...

Some Muslims believe that its possible that these "reincarnations" such as Vishnu, Shiva, Ram etc were Prophets sent down, since the Quran has mentioned that so many have been sent..and they have been sent to each and every community and tribe..

But once again sorry for straying off topic...with regards to jinns, its also possible because Hinduism focuses a lot on past life stuff, hypnotism, future telling (VERY BIG part of it) etc...so possible that there is a strong element of jinns in those who do all these rituals...black magic is also very commonly practiced..have personally met people who have personally been, or their family members have been affected at some stage.

But I think its very similar to the original Pagan worships...it could very likely be the same thing as mentioned earlier..because Hinduism is supposedly the oldest religion in the world..older or as old as Judaism...Hindu scriptures are the most ancient, and so is the language of Sanskrit (the scriptures were also revealed in this language). Unfortunately, people take this as a reason to assume that its got to be the correct path - because its the oldest...and if people follow just the original teachings of the Vedas, they will be on the right path

(This teaching, known as Vedanta, is also another path followed in Hinduism..and does not allow any idol worship, nor does it talk about reincarnation/ cycle of birth and death, but ALL hindus still INSIST on proving is correct)

I know i didnt cover much on ur idea of jinns, but i hope the above helped you understand the religion (known more as a cultural/traditional way of life) better...

Wasalam

• Advanced Member
On 12/11/2011 at 3:19 PM, xstatik2 said:

My knowledge of cow worshipping takes me to Moosa (A.S) ? :) cause that's where I know about it. It is said to have originated from Pagan's (Paganism) and Jewish traditions. The Holy Ka'aba which housed 360 idols >? a couple of them represented what the Hindus worship. Though the concept of Jinns is unknown to the Hindus, they believe in "celestial bodies" which have come down to earth from Heavens, in the form of women, animals ..... don't know if they have spirits ! They also have a God of Fire, who they call Agni Devta (Agni in Sanskrit means Fire).

Today too, the Jews consider the cow sacred and the killing of one of their sacred cow is a sign of the End of Times. They call her Melody !

So "Melody" .......... wherever you are, hope your'e hale n hearty and doing well for the sake of Kosher !

moosa (as) came long after hinduism(vedantist) religion.

as mentioned by IFK the veds (their authentic scriptures) have monotheism as the concept of god but it evolved somehow into polytheism..........there is no authentic proof of hinduism under islamic banner. perhaps..........

• Basic Members

Hinduisim is often portrayed as some kind of humble meditation/culture indian religion (if you can call it that) If you do proper resaerch you will come to the conclusion that it is infact satanic in nature they pray and hold hhigh value and respect towards statues and animals, they burn insense and other materials whilst "praying" chanting to objects, they burn hair and items of personal belonging to "direct" or "manipulate" their own or other peoples destinys which is all the highest levels of sin alongside murder etc hinduisim, buddisim and sikhisim are all considerd satanic practices according to jews and christians so i dont know why Muslims would even consider it being acceptable or being a religion, religion is from Allah and he sent down the 4 books, which all clearly state idol worship and magic is Haram, so those practices are everything that Allah dislikes and will punish them for it!!

Hinduisim is often portrayed as some kind of humble meditation/culture indian religion (if you can call it that) If you do proper resaerch you will come to the conclusion that it is infact satanic in nature they pray and hold hhigh value and respect towards statues and animals, they burn insense and other materials whilst "praying" chanting to objects, they burn hair and items of personal belonging to "direct" or "manipulate" their own or other peoples destinys which is all the highest levels of sin alongside murder etc hinduisim, buddisim and sikhisim are all considerd satanic practices according to jews and christians so i dont know why Muslims would even consider it being acceptable or being a religion, religion is from Allah and he sent down the 4 books, which all clearly state idol worship and magic is Haram, so those practices are everything that Allah dislikes and will punish them for it!!

sorry but im lost

4 books ?

the Taurat

the Injeel

the Quran

???

• Basic Members

sorry but im lost

4 books ?

the Taurat

the Injeel

the Quran

???

Salam as far as ive learnt the four books are

Torah=Moses.

Injeel=Jesus.

Zabur=David.

Quran=Mohammad SAW may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon them all

The Qur'an is The Book of Islam (Mohammad SAW) ...

The Injil is The Bible it's related to Isa ( Jesus SAW )

The Taurat is the Old Testament , (It's related to Mosses SAW)..

The Zabur was The Book Of David ...

• Advanced Member

sorry if anyone finds it wrong but we shd never judge any religion by what its people practice, instead we shdlook for their authentic scriptures.

no where in their books(veds)they have the practices like these.

we also mourn and beat ourselves and find it difficult to make non shias understand, y v do it.

none can understand islam unless and untill he/she reads it. thats y we have books.

so! to judge hinduism as satanic or not we hav to go thru deir scriptures............

w/s.

• Basic Members

sorry if anyone finds it wrong but we shd never judge any religion by what its people practice, instead we shdlook for their authentic scriptures.

no where in their books(veds)they have the practices like these.

we also mourn and beat ourselves and find it difficult to make non shias understand, y v do it.

none can understand islam unless and untill he/she reads it. thats y we have books.

so! to judge hinduism as satanic or not we hav to go thru deir scriptures............

w/s.

Well for starters to even suggust that the hindu books are even a religion is bizzare! No muslim christian or jew i have ever spoken with about this accepts hinduisim or buddisim as a "religion" Allah sent down the 4 books and all in which he insisits that there is only one God and Idolitry is one of the biggest unforgivable sins along with murder, rape etc i have no come across anything in our complete book the quran that even suggests that hinduisim is from Allah swt, as far as the general population of the world goes we generally associate Hinduisim with greek mythology its a mythical magical practice prehaps boarderlining spriritual as in connecting to "mother nature" as they say but it is not sent down by Allah SWT the book and practices they follow are not of any of the 120 something thousand prophets of Allah. they dont have divine scriptures omg even suggesting that they do is over my head, go have a read of islam vs hinduisim tell me what you find.

• Advanced Member
On 12/12/2011 at 7:12 PM, Italianamuslima said:

Well for starters to even suggust that the hindu books are even a religion is bizzare! No muslim christian or jew i have ever spoken with about this accepts hinduisim or buddisim as a "religion" Allah sent down the 4 books and all in which he insisits that there is only one God and Idolitry is one of the biggest unforgivable sins along with murder, rape etc i have no come across anything in our complete book the quran that even suggests that hinduisim is from Allah swt, as far as the general population of the world goes we generally associate Hinduisim with greek mythology its a mythical magical practice prehaps boarderlining spriritual as in connecting to "mother nature" as they say but it is not sent down by Allah SWT the book and practices they follow are not of any of the 120 something thousand prophets of Allah. they dont have divine scriptures omg even suggesting that they do is over my head, go have a read of islam vs hinduisim tell me what you find.<br />

that means Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has not sent any prophet for them and they will be thrown to hell. right?

allahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáìsent 4 books doesnt means there are no prophets for other religions other than 4 having books nd are not from allahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

does quran speaks of worshiiping dead? but islam hav a sect wchich practice it.; does quran speaks of mourning,? but we do. ;does islam speaks of killing in its name? but whole world knows it.(bout trerrorists)

shd d non muslims judge d religion from what different sects practice?

"give ur heart to religion and mind to world rather than mind to religion and heart to world" u'll find every religion as islam and every human as muslim.

lastly i suppose u must have read the veds. if not then go for it.

if u can judge the religion then u must study it explicitly.

please dont be offended.

w/s.

• Basic Members

Im just saying from what i hear, read and have observed it is my understanding that hiduism and buddisim are not "religions" as such, more a "way of life" religion=is from Allah and a Way of life= is Man made.

i dont care to judge them but by living with hindu indians for 5 years and visiting india, i can say from what i saw, experianced and learnt hinduisim etc are not associated with the "al ketabs", there "scriptures" do not come from any of the 124, 000 prophets that were sent by Allah swt

I was just sharing what i know of there culture and the "way of life" that the hindus practice, hindus themselves dont really refer to hinduisim, sikhisim or buddisim as a "religion" and refer to it as a rather a "way of life" as i mentioned, good people that were connected to the "earth" to love the nature and the fellow human be peaceful, the natures" soucres" to do everything from healing, to feeling love or seeing what the future holds, offer something to one of the "gods" to get something in return, not to make your stomach the graveyard of the animals etc etc are some basics of the practices

At the end of the day we are all Allahs SWT creation and will answer only to him at the end of days, but i do feel that gods anger will be with those who not only ignored & curse his prophets but also Allahs swt very existance, ignored the quran but more so with those who took to idol worship and associated partners with him. fi amaan Allah

• Veteran Member

I have also noticed this very worrying trend to try and group as many deviant elements as possible as being in line with islam, particularly the madhhab of the ahl ul-bayt Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã. And often it is the very people who follow the teaching of the ahl ul-bayt who have the strongest desire to group these deviant elements with us, in some cases we we have reputed scholars bringing highly deviant groups into the ithna ashari fold (for example the turkish alevis who sayed Khomeini declared to be shi'a!)

But as far as hindus go, alhamdulillah, it only seems to be the people from the indo-pak subcontinent who long to attach them to the ahl ul-bayt, you may have seen the thread where people made wild claims trying as hard as possible to link the hindus to karbala, to Imam Husayn (a) etc, but basically it seems to boil down to the fact that certain hindus take part in mourning processions for the tragedy of karbala, however there is obviously no substance to any of these wild claims (of any kind of proximity to the ahl ul-bayt), even if they do worship jinns, it doesn't mean anything.

I haven't read about this, but I have heard that seekhism did in some way evolve out of shi'a islam.

note: I don't have anything against anyone, a very good friend of mine is hindu, but lets be serious, their beliefs take them away from the Allah, no amount of matam can change that

• Advanced Member
On 12/14/2011 at 4:15 AM, Italianamuslima said:

Im just saying from what i hear, read and have observed it is my understanding that hiduism and buddisim are not "religions" as such, more a "way of life" religion=is from Allah and a Way of life= is Man made.

i dont care to judge them but by living with hindu indians for 5 years and visiting india, i can say from what i saw, experianced and learnt hinduisim etc are not associated with the "al ketabs", there "scriptures" do not come from any of the 124, 000 prophets that were sent by Allah swt

I was just sharing what i know of there culture and the "way of life" that the hindus practice, hindus themselves dont really refer to hinduisim, sikhisim or buddisim as a "religion" and refer to it as a rather a "way of life" as i mentioned, good people that were connected to the "earth" to love the nature and the fellow human be peaceful, the natures" soucres" to do everything from healing, to feeling love or seeing what the future holds, offer something to one of the "gods" to get something in return, not to make your stomach the graveyard of the animals etc etc are some basics of the practices

At the end of the day we are all Allahs SWT creation and will answer only to him at the end of days, but i do feel that gods anger will be with those who not only ignored & curse his prophets but also Allahs swt very existance, ignored the quran but more so with those who took to idol worship and associated partners with him. fi amaan Allah

a/s

how can u say that hinduism is not from ne of the 124000 prophets.?

dont get confused with the word hindu..........

hindu is any person living near the river INDUS.(m not goin in details).

the actual name of the religion is vedism which is derived from the word ved(their authentic holy scriptures which were four in no.). because of innovations every religion looses its reality. similarly the vedism also lost its name, over the period of time; and the name coined later was hiduism.

secondly, yet it is unknown that veds are revealed books or written by any person?. so it is hard to say that they cannot be of any of the 124000 prophets.

perhaps it is not the world of Allahسبحانه وتعالى, but it cd be a word of any prophet.

lastly, vedism speaks of monotheism and only monotheism. and it indicates the cominng of the saviour. and lots more about the only religion in the world i.e submission of anyone to Allah(swt)[islam].

so we shd not judge a religion by what its people practice but it should be understood by what its authentic scriptures says.

w/s.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Basic Members
On 12/11/2011 at 3:56 PM, IFK said:

Salam

The main belief amongst Hindus is that the Vedas were the original scriptures revealed to saints through God, the one Bhagwan.

The Hindu belief is that there is one God, but He has many forms, which is where the idols come in...

So if you want wealth, pray to the Goddess of wealth

For knowledge, Goddess of knowledge

For new beginnings, God of goodluck (Ganesha) etcetc

Some Hindus only focus on one of these forms, and do not give any attention to the rest (lots of Shive worshippers, Krishna worshippers, etc.) Others just feel more connected to some deities than others...

Most, however, focus on a couple of major deities- these are different in the North and South, and in each part of India actually to some extent.

Now coming to your question of jinns...its a very interesting point you have brought across.

Hinduism believes in aatma, or the ruh/ spirit of a dead person...

not real concept of jinns as far as i know though...but brother worshiper had said things that are correct (not sure why they have been cut off)

Some Hindus have told me that there is a relationship with Hz Nuh (Noah's Ark story), whereas the story of Krishna to me is exactly that of Hz Moosa...literally Ive watched both movies and they were even pictured so similarly- with some differences too ofcourse (Krishna did not growup at the bad King's house, but grew up across the river)However, the King was killing every new born baby one lady had because he was told that he will be killed/overthrown by one of the children of this lady..but she sneaked him out across the river one night and he survived, to come back and fulfill the prophecy etc..

Hinduism does have the concept of avatar, which is a reincarnation of God coming down in human forms..i believe there are several of these which have happened and the last one is expected to be the Kalki Avatar, who the the awaiting savior according to Hinduism.

Most avatars come during the different yugs, or time periods lasting hundreds of thousands of years...we are currently in the Kal Yug, which is expected to be the worst, full of turmoils, disasters etc, and Kalki Avatar is expected to come in the yug...and once this yug is over, the cycle of the 4 yugas begins again...so time is cyclical in a way...

The forms of the idols are mainly imaginations by people, also based on mythology to a great extent...

Some Hindus say that they need a form to worship, in order to truely be close to God..and cannot worship the formless, since they need to have something to touch/imagine/experience/etc.

However, others who are more spiritually evolved, like the people in my family, etc, claim that they do not need a form to worship (do not believe in idol worship) and believe that God is everywhere, within everyone, and everyone is also God through that logic...and they focus a lot more of meditation and going within urself to find the divine within, rather than any ritualistic prayers to stone idols...

Hinduism on its own is veryyy vast...each Hindu has his/her own way of understanding and experiencing Hinduism...i had a friend whose mother was unbelievably strictly religious, and she would make clothes for the Gods statue, feed him, put him to sleep in his room, bath him with milk every morning, swing his cradle, etc...a silver statue of God....

Others, which i can say are a little bigger in number, have a couple of idols of the few Gods they believe in, in the side of the room (small temple) with incense sticks and/or diyas (small candles)...might pray to them once/twice a day, or once in a while.. and light the incense sticks/diyas...

Some Muslims believe that its possible that these "reincarnations" such as Vishnu, Shiva, Ram etc were Prophets sent down, since the Quran has mentioned that so many have been sent..and they have been sent to each and every community and tribe..

But once again sorry for straying off topic...with regards to jinns, its also possible because Hinduism focuses a lot on past life stuff, hypnotism, future telling (VERY BIG part of it) etc...so possible that there is a strong element of jinns in those who do all these rituals...black magic is also very commonly practiced..have personally met people who have personally been, or their family members have been affected at some stage.

But I think its very similar to the original Pagan worships...it could very likely be the same thing as mentioned earlier..because Hinduism is supposedly the oldest religion in the world..older or as old as Judaism...Hindu scriptures are the most ancient, and so is the language of Sanskrit (the scriptures were also revealed in this language). Unfortunately, people take this as a reason to assume that its got to be the correct path - because its the oldest...and if people follow just the original teachings of the Vedas, they will be on the right path

(This teaching, known as Vedanta, is also another path followed in Hinduism..and does not allow any idol worship, nor does it talk about reincarnation/ cycle of birth and death, but ALL hindus still INSIST on proving is correct)

I know i didnt cover much on ur idea of jinns, but i hope the above helped you understand the religion (known more as a cultural/traditional way of life) better...

Wasalam

Brother ive been having severe waswas about Allah, being a hindu god etc please could anyone help me its stresses me out and i feel like im going crazy i want it to stop! I know that Allah isnt one but it still creeps up 

• 2 years later...
Guest Bharath
On 12/12/2011 at 3:57 PM, Italianamuslima said:

Congratulations, you have 0% knowledge on Hinduism. Islam and Christianity is baby took birth from Hinduism, which is million years old. Do research, we thought Islamic isis are praying devils

10 hours ago, Guest Bharath said:

Congratulations, you have 0% knowledge on Hinduism. Islam and Christianity is baby took birth from Hinduism, which is million years old. Do research, we thought Islamic isis are praying devils

Hinduism is not millions of years old. Indian civilization is actually not the oldest civilization either. Hinduism has morphed over the centuries, and was somewhat given a shape during British colonialism. Hinduism as such is not a uniform or cohesive religion, but an umbrella group consisting of many different religions, some which are fundamentally at odds with each other.