Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Gibrael

Qudah And Mustahab Prayers

Rate this topic

Can you pray Mustahab prayers, such as Salat El Layl, if you have Qudah prayers to make up? Is this according to all Marajeh?

Can you pray Mustahab prayers, such as Salat El Layl, if you have Qudah prayers to make up? Is this according to all Marajeh?

salam Alaikum

According to most of our Maraj'e:

if someone has Qada prayer, He/She can say Mustahab prayers, such as Nafilah or other mustahab prayers,

but if someone has Qada (missed) fast, he/she is not allowed to do a Mustahab fast.

wassalam

Brother Imaan = faith since you are an alim what is your opinion or the opinion of our other brothers here.

Is it better to offer salaat layl or wake up and use that time to perform my qadha prayers because salaat layl has immense benefits, but qadha are obiously more important.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Brother, if you have time, why not do both? The benefits of Salatul Layl are too great to give up, and if you're blessed by waking up for it, you should use that time to pray Salatul Layl in my opinion. If you have time, maybe try and get one day's worth of qada' done each day, and here are tips for getting your qada' done quickly and efficiently.

http://www.najaf.org/learn/e_7.php?l=ENG

(salam)

(bismillah)

Based off of hadeeth, it is permissible to do nawaafil prayers if you have QaDa' prayers, but it is makrooh. Majority of the hadeeth say do not do nawaafil before QaDaa' fareeDah, but one of the hadeeth that makes it permissible is Allaah making the Prophet (pbuh) sleep past Fajr, and he wakes up and does two rakk`ah naafilah before Fajr. That hadeeth is SaHeeH.

وَ بِإِسْنَادِهِ عَنِ الْحَسَنِ بْنِ مَحْبُوبٍ عَنِ الرِّبَاطِيِّ عَنْ سَعِيدٍ الْأَعْرَجِ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع يَقُولُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ أَنَامَ رَسُولَهُ ص عَنْ صَلَاةِ الْفَجْرِ حَتَّى طَلَعَتِ الشَّمْسُ ثُمَّ قَامَ فَبَدَأَ فَصَلَّى الرَّكْعَتَيْنِ [اللَّتَيْنِ‏] قَبْلَ الْفَجْرِ ثُمَّ صَلَّى الْفَجْرَ الْحَدِيثَ

Then you have this hadeeth, which is also SaHeeH, saying you cannot do a voluntary rakk`ah until you complete your fareedah.

وَ لَا يَتَطَوَّعُ بِرَكْعَةٍ حَتَّى يَقْضِيَ الْفَرِيضَةَ كُلَّهَا

This is why Hurr al-`Amilee says it is makrooh to do Nawaafil if you have QaDa' fareedah prayers.

بَابُ جَوَازِ الْقَضَاءِ فِي كُلِّ وَقْتٍ مَا لَمْ يَتَضَيَّقْ وَقْتُ الْحَاضِرَةِ وَ جَوَازِ التَّطَوُّعِ لِمَنْ عَلَيْهِ فَرِيضَةٌ عَلَى كَرَاهِيَةٍ وَ اسْتِحْبَابِ قَضَاءِ النَّوَافِلِ وَ الصَّدَقَةِ عَنْهَا مَعَ الْعَجْزِ فَإِنْ فَاتَتْ بِمَرَضٍ لَمْ يَتَأَكَّدِ الِاسْتِحْبَابُ

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri

(salam)

Why would sayyed Sistani and other marajaa not mention that it was makrooh in their response?

(salam)

(salam)

Why would sayyed Sistani and other marajaa not mention that it was makrooh in their response?

(salam)

ooh My God!! after 4 years and you are up again.

although I know I will receive my answer 5 years later, why do not you open a new thread clarifying what you meant. your new post sound vague brother..

ooh My God!! after 4 years and you are up again.

although I know I will receive my answer 5 years later, why do not you open a new thread clarifying what you meant. your new post sound vague brother..

(salam)

Why would I open a new post if all the information is present right here? I don't believe my post is vague at all. Reread from the beginning post. I asked if we could pray mustahab prayers while having qudah to do.

I received answers stating that we could according to most marajaa.

I then received an answer saying that you can but its makrooh according to our Imams SAHIH HADEETH.

I do not wish to do anything makrooh, even if its allowed. I also would think that if it was makrooh, a marjaa would probably say so.

Now you want to jump in and offer zero help, just a complaint about an old post?

Sorry to offend you brother.

So my question as to not be vague, is it makrooh?

If it is, why would they not advise as to it being Makrooh?

Can anyone give me an educated response where they know the answer?

(salam)

Edited by Gibrael

(salam)

Why would I open a new post if all the information is present right here? I don't believe my post is vague at all. Reread from the beginning post. I asked if we could pray mustahab prayers while having qudah to do.

I received answers stating that we could according to most marajaa.

I then received an answer saying that you can but its makrooh according to our Imams SAHIH HADEETH.

I do not wish to do anything makrooh, even if its allowed. I also would think that if it was makrooh, a marjaa would probably say so.

Now you want to jump in and offer zero help, just a complaint about an old post?

Sorry to offend you brother.

So my question as to not be vague, is it makrooh?

If it is, why would they not advise as to it being Makrooh?

Can anyone give me an educated response where they know the answer?

(salam)

sorry brother I did not meant to offend you,  it was just kidding.

Makrooh has two definitions in Shia fiqh that one of them is more famous than other meaning to do something that Allah demands us not to do but it is not Haram any way.(usually we say Allah dislikes doing this) this is what all of us are familiar with and would apply to all of our actions excepts worshiping acts.

the second definition means that doing such actions makes less reward , so there is nothing taking place that would cause disapproval. this definition applies to worshiping actions. for example you might have heard that fasting of the day of Arafa is makrooh for those who feel weakness during the day. this does not mean that fasting will bring about Allah dislike, nope! it means that fasting will make less Sawab( reward). this is totally different from overeating which is Makrooh in terms of the first explanation.

back to what you asked,

doing Mustahab when you have Qada has less reward in comparison with doing that while you have no qada.

keep us in your Duas,

To perform Qada the best i am doing is , performing one Qada with every Wajib.

Even Tahajjud is recommended to perform Qada if you missed its right time which is Before Fajr prayer.

In Short do you best to perform things on there best time.