Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salamu alaykum

i have a friend hes only 17 who used to drink alcohol occasionally and also smoke weed every weekend, he has also committed fornication and also sex before marriage , its been a month since he has not done anything bad and hes just been praying and trying to repent!!!

Anyway hes sat with me here whilst im writing this and hes hanging his head in shame , he regrets every single sin every single bit of it ! and he ponders on weather Allah (SWT) is going to forgive him or not ?

Please can you dear brothers and sisters help him ?

Salamu alaykum <3

• Veteran Member

wa alaykom salam

Imam Ali (as) said, ‘Verily Allah, most High, will certainly interrogate you, O community of His servants, about your actions, be they small or big, and be they open or secret. If He punishes you, then it because you have wronged yourselves, and if He pardons, then it is because He is too generous.’ [Nahj al-Balagha, Letter 27]

Imam Ali (as) said in his intimate supplication, ‘My Lord I think about Your pardon and my mistakes seem insignificant to me, then I remember the awesomeness of Your chastisement and my tribulation seems great indeed.’[Amali al-Saduq, p. 73, no. 9]

Imam Ali (as) said, ‘O Allah expose me to Your pardon but do not expose me to Your justice.’[Nahj al-Balagha, Sermon 227]

With that in mind

Imam Ali (as) said, ‘He who keeps himself aloof from Allah’ s prohibitions is quickly embraced by Allah’ s pardon.’[bihar al-Anwar, v. 78, p. 90, no. 95]

Imam al-Sadiq (as) used to say, ‘O Allah verily the fact that You are worthy of pardoning [sins] gives You the upper hand over me because of my being worthy of punishment.’[Kashf al-Ghamma, v. 2, p. 418]

Edited by Maitham

• Veteran Member

Here are some verses from the Quran on the mercy of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. The translations are by Shakir.

And those who when they commit an indecency or do injustice to their souls remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their faults-- and who forgives the faults but Allah, and (who) do not knowingly persist in what they have done. [3:135]

Surely Allah does not forgive that anything should be associated with Him, and forgives what is besides that to whomsoever He pleases; and whoever associates anything with Allah, he devises indeed a great sin. [4:48]

And whoever does evil or acts unjustly to his soul, then asks forgiveness of Allah, he shall find Allah Forgiving, Merciful. [4:110]

Surely Allah does not forgive that anything should be associated with Him, and He forgives what is besides this to whom He pleases; and whoever associates anything with Allah, he indeed strays off into a remote error. [4:116]

Say: To whom belongs what is in the heavens and the earth? Say: To Allah; He has ordained mercy on Himself; most certainly He will gather you on the resurrection day-- there is no doubt about it. (As for) those who have lost their souls, they will not believe. [6:12]

Whoever brings a good deed, he shall have ten like it, and whoever brings an evil deed, he shall be recompensed only with the like of it, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly. [6:160]

And do not make mischief in the earth after its reformation, and call on Him fearing and hoping; surely the mercy of Allah is nigh to those who do good (to others). [7:56]

And ordain for us good in this world's life and in the hereafter, for surely we turn to Thee. He said: (As for) My chastisement, I will afflict with it whom I please, and My mercy encompasses all things; so I will ordain it (specially) for those who guard (against evil) and pay the poor-rate, and those who believe in Our communications. [7:156]

And keep up prayer in the two parts of the day and in the first hours of the night; surely good deeds take away evil deeds this is a reminder to the mindful. [11:114]

O my sons! Go and inquire respecting Yusuf and his brother, and despair not of Allah's mercy; surely none despairs of Allah's mercy except the unbelieving people. [12:87]

Whoever does good whether male or female and he is a believer, We will most certainly make him live a happy life, and We will most certainly give them their reward for the best of what they did. [16:97]

And they who do not call upon another god with Allah and do not slay the soul, which Allah has forbidden except in the requirements of justice, and (who) do not commit fornication and he who does this shall find a requital of sin; [25:68]

Say: O my servants! who have acted extravagantly against their own souls, do not despair of the mercy of Allah; surely Allah forgives the faults altogether; surely He is the Forgiving the Merciful. [39:53]

Those who bear the power and those around Him celebrate the praise of their Lord and believe in Him and ask protection for those who believe: Our Lord! Thou

embracest all things in mercy and knowledge, therefore grant protection to those who turn (to Thee) and follow Thy way, and save them from the punishment of the hell: [40:7]

Those who keep aloof from the great sins and the indecencies but the passing idea; surely your Lord is liberal in forgiving. He knows you best when He

brings you forth from the earth and when you are embryos in the wombs of your mothers; therefore do not attribute purity to your souls; He knows him best who guards (against evil). [53:32]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

In The Name Of Allah, The Most Beneficent, The Most Merciful. All Praise be To Allah (SWT)

(salam)

I found some examples from the Quran I will provide the website below. :)

Allah (swt) said: "Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him." (Holy Qur'an, Chapter 112, verses 1-4)

Allah (swt) said: "Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is the Guardian and Disposer of all affairs. To Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth: and those who reject the Signs of Allah, it is they who will be in loss. Say: 'Is it someone other than Allah that ye order me to worship, O ye ignorant ones?'" (Holy Qur'an, Chapter 39, verses 62-64)

Allah (swt) said: "Behold! they fold up their hearts, that they may lie hid from Him! But even when they cover themselves with their garments, He knoweth what they conceal, and what they reveal: for He knoweth well the (inmost secrets) of the hearts. There is no moving creature on earth but its sustenance dependeth on Allah: He knoweth the time and place of its definite abode and its temporary deposit: all is in a clear Record." (Holy Qur'an, Chapter 11, verses 5-6)

Allah (swt) said: "No son did Allah beget, nor is there any god along with Him: (if there were many gods), behold, each god would have taken away what he had created, and some would have Lorded it over others! Glory to Allah! (He is free) from the (sort of) things they attribute to Him! He knows what is hidden and what is open; too high is He for the partners they attribute to Him!" (Holy Qur'an, Chapter 23, verses 91-92)

Allah (swt) said: "He is God; there is no god but He, He is the Knower of the unseen and the visible; He is the All-Merciful, the All-Compassionate. He is God, there is no God but He. He is the King, the All-Holy, the All-Peace, the Guardian of Faith, the All-Preserver, the All-Mighty, the All-Compeller, the All-Sublime. Glory be to God, above that they associate! He is God the Creator, the Maker, the Shaper. To Him belong the Names Most Beautiful. All that is in the heavens and the earth magnifies Him; He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise." (Holy Qur'an, Chapter 59, verses 22-24)

Allah (swt) said: "There is no god but He, the Living, the Everlasting. Slumber seizes Him not, neither sleep; to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth. Who is there that shall intercede with Him save by His leave? He knows what lies before them and what is after them, and they comprehend not anything of His knowledge save such as He wills. His throne comprises the heavens and earth; the preserving of them oppresses Him not; He is the All-High, the All-Glorious." (Holy Qur'an, Chapter 2, verse 255)

Allah (swt) said: "People of the Book, go not beyond the bounds in your religion, and say not as to God but the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only the Messenger of God, and His Word that He committed to Mary, and a Spirit from Him. So believe in God and His Messengers, and say not, 'Three.' Refrain; better is it for you. God is only one God. Glory be to Him - (He is) above having a son." (Holy Qur'an, Chapter 4, verse 171)

Allah (swt) said: "Act equitably; Indeed, Allah loves the equitable." (Holy Qur'an, Chapter 49, verse 9)

Allah (swt) said: "Truly, Allah loves those who repent, and loves those who care for cleanliness." (Holy Qur'an, Chapter 2, verse 222)

Allah (swt) said: "In the name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful." (Holy Qur'an, Chapter 1, verse 1)

Allah (swt) said: "My Mercy has embraced all things." (Holy Qur'an, Chapter 7, verse 156)

Allah (swt) said: "Allah is better [than any one] at guarding, and He is The Most Merciful of those who show mercy." (Holy Qur'an, Chapter 12, verse 64

• Basic Members

Salam

we all committ sins whether big or small and if we repent Allah will forgive. He shouldnt be ashamed but he should stop commiting these sins and try and not fall back in the same mistake again. We are human afterall and do mistakes atleast he admits his wrong doings and woken up to his actions. I think its important to tell him that he can do things in halal ways. Drink non alcoholic drinks, do temporary marriage instead of fornicating, so look at halal alternatives.