Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Imam Hassan Al Qazwini- Political Stance

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Bismillah hir rahmanir rahim,

Allahuma salli ala muhammadin wa aali muhammad

Salaams to all my brothers and sisters reading this post. I hope that anyone can provide feedback on this very critical subject area.

Lately, I have been hearing a lot of rumors about the Sayeds known as the Qazwini's. In particular, I would like to ask about one sayed, Imam Hassan Al- Qazwini, who lives down in dear- born, Michigan and is the current imam of the Islamic Centre of America down in dear-born, Michigan.

I've been hearing that he has very close ties American politicians in the white house. Unfortunately, when I went on Google to see some of his images, there were some of his images that were posted in which he was hugging the former corrupt president of the U.S, George W. Bush. Also, on YouTube, there are some videos about him which were made by the politicians in the white house which talk good of him. His book that he has written, I think its called the "American or "Islamic Crescent" has been praised by others who have tried to engage in the political process of destabilizing Islam. He has also been interviewed on many western media outlets such as Fox news, CNN, BBC, etc.

My question now comes is "what is the wisdom behind Sayed Hassan Qazwini doing this" Why is he close and has good political ties with people in the white house in washington? Is there a reason behind this? or is he just corrupt? I know that Ayatollah Sistani and the Islamic republic of Iran do not even sit down at the same table with the oppressors (Ameria) to discuss.

I personally think we can learn a lot from this man, but when I hear about him doing this, it really puts doubt into my mind about him. I've just listened to one of his firday khutbas, and he talked pretty good about the political events that were happening in Libya when Qadhaffi was still in power. He also talked good about Bahrain. He condemned al- jazeerah, but did not say anything against the CNN or Fox or any other American channels. Why does he do this? Is he anti- Iran as well? Does he ever talk good about the islamic revolution in Iran and about imam khamenei/ Khomeini?

Any person that lives in Dearborn who could give me an answer to these questions would be highly appreciated also. My personal message system does not work, so in case one of the mods fixes it, I wont be able to see messages from anyone.

Wasalaam.

in simple terms if you are follower of Rahbar throw a shoe at Qazwini and dont take him as your source for learning. The youth in dearborn/detroit area drools over his speeches just based on his "knowledge". He was the same person who called Imam Hussain (as) martyrdom a suicide, and some of the members on SC were defending him (and they will still just wait and see)

• Advanced Member

in simple terms if you are follower of Rahbar throw a shoe at Qazwini and dont take him as your source for learning. The youth in dearborn/detroit area drools over his speeches just based on his "knowledge". He was the same person who called Imam Hussain (as) martyrdom a suicide, and some of the members on SC were defending him (and they will still just wait and see)

Dispite the fact that he was misunderstood he publicly apologised on tv for what he said so please find it in your heart to forgive a fallible being.

I've been hearing that he has very close ties American politicians in the white house. Unfortunately, when I went on Google to see some of his images, there were some of his images that were posted in which he was hugging the former corrupt president of the U.S, George W. Bush. Also, on YouTube, there are some videos about him which were made by the politicians in the white house which talk good of him. His book that he has written, I think its called the "American or "Islamic Crescent" has been praised by others who have tried to engage in the political process of destabilizing Islam. He has also been interviewed on many western media outlets such as Fox news, CNN, BBC, etc

This is something called diplomacy, which Iran has mastered ever so greatly. I recall seeing a picture where Ahmadenejad was holding hands with Gaddafi, just recently Salehi was due to go to Saudi Arabia for the funeral of the crown prince....

I've viewed one of Sayed Hassan's interviews on Fox tv and I must say it was brilliant. He presented Islam in a positive light and was able to bring forth his views eloquently. It's a good thing they didn't bring a Wahabi to represent Muslims on that channel...

My question now comes is "what is the wisdom behind Sayed Hassan Qazwini doing this" Why is he close and has good political ties with people in the white house in washington? Is there a reason behind this? or is he just corrupt? I know that Ayatollah Sistani and the Islamic republic of Iran do not even sit down at the same table with the oppressors (Ameria) to discuss.

I doubt that he's corrupt. Iran has ties with Saudi, a Wahabi, Shia hating country ruled by the Saudi Sheikhs who are corrupt and loyal to the USA. Now for whatever reason Iran maintains ties with them, (shia/sunni unity, decreasing tensions between Shias and Sunnis etc), noone seems to criticise them but we are all quick to judge others. The Qazwinis must have something in mind which makes them have communications with these politicians. If it hasn't affected their beliefs or eman then I see no harm. It's hardly like they meet on a regular basis. They're representing the Shias and Muslims of Dearborn so they're hardly going to get on the bad side of the government. This could in fact be beneficial for us...

Does he ever talk good about the islamic revolution in Iran and about imam khamenei/ Khomeini?

I don't think the Qazwinis are a fan of the Islamic Republic, Someone correct me if I'm wrong. However, they don't bring their politics in their speeches.

Edited by Hawraa29
  • Advanced Member

Salaams,

I am only writing to seek knowledge and I appreciate your response sister. What you have said about Iran having close ties with Saudi is indeed a misconception on your part. There is one thing to keep country relations, and there is another thing to speak out against the oppressed of the world.

Ambassadors are called to almost every country, so iranian and saudi embassadors meeting- no problem in it. Their main topics of discussion reflects regional discussions. In reality, Iran has criticized saudi many times and saudi actually would support the American regime if it were to attack iran.

So many times, Ayatollah Khamenei has issued statements against Saudi Arabia for their crimes. Just read the headlines on press tv- everything is there. U will actuallly see so much criticism from Iran on saudi arabia.

What I am trying to say is that Hassan Qazwini has supported the American Invasion of Iraq which has left over 1 million dead today. People have heard his stance on iraq from his friday prayers. He attended the UMAA (CIA backed) conference to speak on islam. He has met so many American politicians. I dont think he is in a position to do such things because he is really not a leader of a country.

Dont get me worng, his amazing works on trying to explain Islam to americans is really amazing. He really has done a lot in terms of moving the dearborn community foreward. My question is why doesnt he ever critisize the U.S for what they are doing in the world? There might be a wisdom behind this that he must know of. However, we dont know at this moment. Thats why if anyone does know, please share.

Wasalam

Sayed Hassan Qazwini does not have any explicit "connections" with politicians in the u.s Government.

You can dislike the man for a number of reasons, I personally have reasons why I do not like some things about him, however you have to be realistic and be fair.

If you are going to condem him for meeting with bush or other politicians you have to extend that to every scholar who has done that.

The problem is people look at things from a very black and white perspective. If Sayed Hassan Qazwini meets with George Bush for example - he is a sell out and he is to be condemned and so on. Largely the reason for this is because his father in law was the late Sayed Muhammad Shirazi (ra) , and in the mind of some ignorant people any individual who has any relation with Sayed Shirazi or others in his family is working to destroy the Islamic Republic. People are not lumped in to groups so easily, and if any one ever bothered to speak to any of these individuals who are muqalids of sayed shirazi or related to him, they would see that they have a plethora of different views- with some being against the government and some being very supportive of the government.

Now if you are to look at another individual and family you will see a completely different perspective. Take a look at the Hakeem family. Namely the branch of the family that runs what used to be the Supreme Council for Islamic Revolution In Iraq - which is now just the Supreme Council. SC - and Faylaq Badr - (their militia which was trained in Iran, and fought in the Iran Iraq war against Saddam) - have been the Shia group that has worked the closest with the Americans, and in fact for years were advocating that they stay in Iraq, apposed to other groups like the sadirists who wanted them out from the beginning ( and I agree with the policy of SCIRI because it lead to Shias taking power over the majority of the country, and making Iran even stronger by having a strong Shia Ally in Iraq). In any case the seyeds from the Hakeem family met with dozens of U.S officials including George Bush - here is a photo;

abdul-aziz-al-hakim_7958.jpg

No one spoke against him- in fact in Iran and those scholars here in the west who condem Qazwini, praised Sayed Hakeem allot, and he meet with Sayed Khamenie all the time, up untill he passes away (may Allah grant him paradise).

And please do not try to say the situations are different, there are allot of Iraqi Shia politicians who refuse to meet with Bush or other senior officials, look at Muqatada - his Sadirist block controls a signifigant portion of the government yet you do not see him or his senior Sadirist officials meeting with Bush.

So why the double standards?

Why is it ok for them to work very closely with bush in Iraq - to better the situation of shias there

But it is not ok for Hassan Qazwini to meet with bush like 1 time - to try and better the situation of shias here in the u.s?

Also Hassan Qazwini is not the only shia akhoond to do any thing related to the u.s government.

Shaikh Hisham Hussaini who also lives in dearborn went and opened a session of the u.s congress with a dua, no one seems to be condemning him.

Its pretty obvious these are just double standadards based on the family members and relatives of Qazwini.

If all

• Advanced Member

Thank- You so much brother for that very informative response. Let me just summarize your main points to see if I understood it correctly:

- Father in-law of Sayed Hassan Qazwini was the late Muhammad Shirazi. The family members of the shirazi's are not all against the Islamic Republic of Iran, but rather some do and some don't.

- Hakeem family currently leads the Supreme Council in Iraq which had been trained by Iran in the past, and holds very close relations with the U.S

Couple of questions brother:

- Is it allowed in Islam to sit down at the same table with the oppressors (the Americans) and 'try' (just speculating) to make the lives of the Shia better overall? I aksed someone this, and he told me that it does not make sense to make relations with the oppressors (the Americans) to help certain communities of shias around the world, when these same Americans are responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of shias in Iraq who have died from the occupation. I mean, you do realize that the Americans have done wrong in Iraq? They would sometimes kill civilians for no apparent legitimate reasons. I mean it was good overall to take Saddam out, but is it right that the Americans stay in Iraq to accomplish their own desires and make the lives of other Iraqi's miserable? I know that Ayatollah Sistani does not even sit down at the same table with the Americans . He actually did not even open a letter of Bush that was sent to him. What is Islam's viewpoint on this? What did the Imam's do when they dealt with oppressors around the world?

- Has sayed Hassan Qazwini ever spoke good about what Iran is doing in the region and the excellent leadership of Ayatollah Khamenei? Does he support Iran? Besdies the fact of the shirazi- khamenei family relations, what other reasons do some of the Qazwini's hate Iran? Does it have to do with wilayat- al- faqih?

- Sayed Hassan Qazwini seems a bit fishy in general, I mean, him as well as other scholars support an oppressor (the Americans) to take out another oppressor (saddam hussein) like was the situation in Iraq. Is this right? What does Islam have to say about this?

- should our scholars shake hands with the oppressors like how sayed hakim was doing in the picture above?

- Also, one thing, Sayed Hassan has attended many places for public speaking that are very much politically corrupted and have agendas such as CNN, Fox news, and the UMAA conferences. What do u have to say about these?

From what I know, Qazwini always praises how good America is and when at the airport, when other scholars get a difficult time to enter the country, the Qazwini's go by very easily. I'm not sure if this has to do with the qazwini's bowing down to what America wants and not realizing what they are doing. I mean look at the Qazwini on ahlulbayt T.V who said that Imam Hussein committed suuicide. Something is fishy here with this family.

Also, what is your view about sayed hassan qazwini? Why dont u like him?

Wasalaam.

Correct me if im worng, but sayyed hassan qazwini also does not ever seem to speak out against the American evils and oppressions over the world. I dont think he ever critisized CNN, Fow news. He was actually supporting America when they invaded Iraq. I mean, if the Americans did not invade, how would have the Iraqi people got their liberation or freedom? These are questions that are very difficult to answer. May Allah bless us with the knowledge to see what is truth and what is falsehood.

• 1 year later...