Sign in to follow this  
Waiting for HIM

Profiling Shia Chatters On Sc

Rate this topic

Salam,

I have noticed many posts like these on SC. I am just being over paranoid but do you think we are getting ourselves profiled or is some smart troll trying to profile Shia Chat members.

Questions like these are always weird to me, may be I'm overly suspicious.

What age you are, what you like most, what you hate most, what country you are originally from, what is your shoe size, what is your favorite spot in ME, where did you go for vacation last year, who is your favorite imam, which masjid do you go to, what state/country you live in, what style of matam you do, what language your parents speak, and on and on.... You put it in a basic $50 analyzer and there you go, you have profiled half of those who had responded in any of these posts.

A note for sisters, please quit saying on your profile, "Gender: Ain't telling..." This tells right away, 90% chance you are a female -lol

Here's the reason why maybe....

I know for a fact that an average website that we visit have over 120 scripts running in the background to display Ads. in your screen. Do this as an experiment. Visit Richard sporting goods website, the famous sport retailer, visit a obscure product like hunting bullet making machine, now close the browser, visit CNN.com or any other website, you will notice related products almost precisely matching your previous product view would appear on the screen in the browser. Ever heard the term behavioral marketing, this is what it is... It is a complete science and I wonder if someone profiling SC members using these techniques.

Interviewing, taking poles, and surveys (the kinds of questions I had put above) are the most rudimentary of these profiling techniques.

Ciao'

Salam,

I have noticed many posts like these on SC. I am just being over paranoid but do you think we are getting ourselves profiled or is some smart troll trying to profile Shia Chat members.

Questions like these are always weird to me, may be I'm overly suspicious.

What age you are, what you like most, what you hate most, what country you are originally from, what is your shoe size, what is your favorite spot in ME, where did you go for vacation last year, who is your favorite imam, which masjid do you go to, what state/country you live in, what style of matam you do, what language your parents speak, and on and on.... You put it in a basic $50 analyzer and there you go, you have profiled half of those who had responded in any of these posts.

A note for sisters, please quit saying on your profile, "Gender: Ain't telling..." This tells right away, 90% chance you are a female -lol

Not sure because im kinda new, but it just sounds like they are trying to start a conversation, not plot against you.

Yah, i disabled my facebook for the above, and when im old enough to act dependently (when i can actaully influence people) im going to destroy my laptop and get new acounts on everything i use and borrow my library's computer, no cell phone either. the cia probably has members on this site trying to get information from certain people/...

More than likely it is a stupid kid asking stupid questions........but I guess to be on the safe side don't reveal too much.

Oh but wait....come to think of it Justice4all knows everything about Basra......scary isn't it?

More than likely it is a stupid kid asking stupid questions........but I guess to be on the safe side don't reveal too much.

Oh but wait....come to think of it Justice4all knows everything about Basra......scary isn't it?

Lolz.... My post was supposed to be for fun but it never hurts to be lil bit watchful.

...pretty much recording all activity and forwarding to higher offices. Know all your names and fav pets so y'all busted

Mabey i shared to many of my beliefs, what i meant by the last part is that the C.I.A might be watching this sight to make sure people stay in line, it would be understandable, and there is not doubt that the C.I.A does watch social networks, so why would it be such a shock it they are watching muslims on the internet as well.

The tracking thing is fact, thats what satelites are for {among other things}

*shared to many of my beliefs to be taken seriously

Mabey i shared to many of my beliefs, what i meant by the last part is that the C.I.A might be watching this sight to make sure people stay in line, it would be understandable, and there is not doubt that the C.I.A does watch social networks, so why would it be such a shock it they are watching muslims on the internet as well.

The tracking thing is fact, thats what satelites are for {among other things}

*shared to many of my beliefs to be taken seriously

what i meant to say was "...I am pretty much recording all activity and forwarding to higher offices. Know all your names and fav pets so y'all busted "

Ok I know may be I'm paranoid, but go search government jobs in USA and you will find many positions asking for people with skills for watching the social websites, even google NY office hires people who would know Urdu, pashtu, Farsi, Dari, Arabic, sawahili to play major roles in social web scenes in those geographies. Remember the Egyptian Wael Ghoneim who was one such person from google.

Just search goggle jobs or search www.saic.com or www,lockheedmartin.com or www.l3communication.com and look for job search in social media analysis roles.

Here's the reason why maybe....

I know for a fact that an average website that we visit have over 120 scripts running in the background to display Ads. in your screen. Do this as an experiment. Visit Richard sporting goods website, the famous sport retailer, visit a obscure product like hunting bullet making machine, now close the browser, visit CNN.com or any other website, you will notice related products almost precisely matching your previous product view would appear on the screen in the browser. Ever heard the term behavioral marketing, this is what it is... It is a complete science and I wonder if someone profiling SC members using these techniques.

Interviewing, taking poles, and surveys (the kinds of questions I had put above) are the most rudimentary of these profiling techniques.

Ciao'

Isn't what you are talking about what spyware does and cookies too? Also there would be all kinds of trash if you turned off your pop-up blocker. This is the information age and your buying habits are big business not only on the internet but every time you purchase goods with a credit card as well.

In America since the scared gov't passed the Patriot Act our rights to privacy have been seriously eroded.