Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How To Get Allah To Answer My Prayers

Rate this topic

syed321

• Basic Members

Hi, I know that some might find the topic of this post stupid but I really need some advice and I really didnt know where else to turn. I fully understand the concept of you have to pray to Allah to answer your prayers and he will do it when he deems it fit, and he wont answer them if they will make my life worse. But there is something that i have been asking for for 5 years now, and i believe i am a fairly good muslim, i have not missed a single namaz in 2 years, i dont really lie, i attend my masjid very frequently, participate in muharram and everything, but it has been 2 years and this dire wish of mine still has not come true. Literally i pray to Allah to make this one wish come true in EVERY SINGLE namaz, dua, ziaraat, fateha and everything i read, but it still has not happened. and my wish is not something haraam, it will not harm anyone else, it will not make my life worse (as far as i can tell, because trust me ive thought this through) and if anything it will make my life better and the thing i wish to change actually makes my life worse. i am beginning to falter in my faith, i feel as if Allah knows i am in pain and how i wish for this little thing but he still has not answered my prayers. i feel abandoned but i do not want to lose faith. Is there anything you guys know that is some special dua/namaz/hadith or anything that you do when you are in a state of emergency because honestly i dont think i can wait much longer. Thank you.

• Veteran Member

Hello, these verses of the Qur'an always make me feel better:

(bismillah)

"So, verily with every difficulty, there is relief:

"Verily, with every difficulty there is relief." 94: 5-6

It's a promise from Allah. All I can advise is patience and trust in Allah, who hears all prayers.

Edited by tazaabha

• Basic Members

Salam Alaikum bro. Sometimes it may be hard to comprehend. But Allah (swt) truly knows what best for us.

I think the reason Allah (swt) may not answer some of your prayers is simply because

HE (swt) knows that that particular wish may not be suitable for us. Remember bro that if

Allah (swt) doesn't give you what you want in this dunya HE (SWT) will save it for your

akhiraat. Don't lose your faith brother. The power of Allah (swt) is stronger than

we can EVER COMPREHEND.

Remember that this life is short. We're not always going to get everything we want.

Pretty soon we will have to stand before Allah (swt) to answer for our

life. Have faith my brother. Continue to perform namaz every single day

and practice Islam. Insha'Allah Allah (swt) answer your dua.

And there's another thing bro that I heard a sheikh say in a speech once.

He said there was a brother who REALLY REALLY DESPERATELY wanted

to get married. He made Dua 24/7, ziarat etc. But there was always a sin

he performed. As soon as he gave up that sin Allah (swt) answered his dua.

And also they say that if a person uses foul language Allah (swt) WILL NOT answer

his dua. Insha'Allah I hope this helps my dear brother in Islam. Salaamun Alaikum.

• Advanced Member

Make sure you are beginning your duas with salawat and mentioning for Ahlul bayt and ending it the same way. Bring in Imam al Mahdi in your duas as well. Be persistent, knock on Allah's door until he answers it.

I have prayed for so many things that had Allah granted my wishes, I would have been in serious trouble. You cannot know the consequenes of your actions/wishes until it is too late but Allah knows all. If it is not written for you to get what you are asking for, accept that from Allah swt and move on. I know this is easier said that done. I would like to add a beautiful verse here:

Do not hate a thing which may be good for you (probably a bad translation though, sorry) وعسى ان تكرهوا شيئا وهو خير لكم

• Advanced Member

Dear bro syed321,

salam alaikum , first your dua will be accepted but you need to have patient , remember how many times you have wished for something to have in life or hoped for and Allah (s.w.t) give you that thing, never loose hope and try to make dua with ikhlas just make your dua and if it was good for you that will be accepted , probably most of time we don't what is good for us or bad for us.

ُSura 03-verse 216. Fighting is enjoined upon you, while it is hard on you. It could be that you dislike something, when it is good for you; and it could be that you like something when it is bad for you. Allah knows, and you do not know.

in your dua have good intention, make dua for other Muslims first, ask for forgiveness of sins you have committed and fully devout your self fully to Allah (s.w.t) and last but not least don't loose hope ( remember how much time prophet yousuf (a.s) father wait for him).

sura yusuf

86. He said, “I do not complain of my anguish and sorrow to anyone but Allah, and I know from Allah what you do not know.

87. O my sons, go and search for Yusuf and his brother, and do not lose hope in the mercy of Allah. In fact, only the infidels lose hope in Allah’s mercy.”

pray the night nafila in midnight and ask for Allah(s.w.t) inshallah your prayers will be accepted.

regards,

salaams,

i know what your going through, im going through it as well. I was actually thinking of why my duas are not getting accepted, but then i heard in a lecture that maybe were doing something wrong thats restricting our duas from getting accepted, we may pray all our namaz, duas, wajibaats etc, but if were hurting others, or taking the rights away from others, or doing something haraam like listening to music, than it will affect us. It could also mean that maybe Allah (swt) knows its not the right time for us to have that one dua accepted and that with a little patients we could have it in the near future inshAllah. Finally it could be that were just relying on God to help us instead of also helping ourselves achieve what we want (through halaal means of course) and that if we do that then Allah (swt) will help us.

recite Zirayate Ashura for 40 days consecutively with the niyah of getting what you want (you dont need to do the lanats and salaams 100 x each, once each should suffice) and ive heard many times that one of the best things you an do to change your destiny is by giving sadaqa to someone in need personally, or sacrifice an animal with the intention, or call people over for a majalis and feed them as well. If you feed the poor then their dua for you is sincere so it InshAllah will get accepted.

• Advanced Member

Allaah SWT said to Hazrat Eesa AS, to say to your people:

O brother of the warners!

Do not enter any of My houses except with pure hearts, clean hands and lowered eyes. I will not hear the prayer of any who supplicate Me if any of My servants is oppressed by him. And I will not answer the prayer of any who has not fulfilled any of My rights over him.

Reference: Biharul Anwwar, Volume-70, Page-316, No.22

Hi, I know that some might find the topic of this post stupid but I really need some advice and I really didnt know where else to turn. I fully understand the concept of you have to pray to Allah to answer your prayers and he will do it when he deems it fit, and he wont answer them if they will make my life worse. But there is something that i have been asking for for 5 years now, and i believe i am a fairly good muslim, i have not missed a single namaz in 2 years, i dont really lie, i attend my masjid very frequently, participate in muharram and everything, but it has been 2 years and this dire wish of mine still has not come true. Literally i pray to Allah to make this one wish come true in EVERY SINGLE namaz, dua, ziaraat, fateha and everything i read, but it still has not happened. and my wish is not something haraam, it will not harm anyone else, it will not make my life worse (as far as i can tell, because trust me ive thought this through) and if anything it will make my life better and the thing i wish to change actually makes my life worse. i am beginning to falter in my faith, i feel as if Allah knows i am in pain and how i wish for this little thing but he still has not answered my prayers. i feel abandoned but i do not want to lose faith. Is there anything you guys know that is some special dua/namaz/hadith or anything that you do when you are in a state of emergency because honestly i dont think i can wait much longer. Thank you.

The first thing you have to do is ask yourself this; who knows more, you or Allah? If you choose Allah then you should know that He knows more about yourself, your life and future more than you do, he is 'closer to you than your jugular vein'. I remember attending a lecture once when the lecturer told us that there was a knowledgeable man who continued to ask Allah for the same thing for 40 years, and not once did he lose hope or stop asking. Either Allah is testing your belief in Him, or what you want may not be good for you at this time. InshallAllah everything will work out for you.

And put thy trust on the Exalted in Might, the Merciful (26:217)

• Basic Members

thank u for all ur help and support but i feel as if there is much ambiguity in some of these teachings, i wish i could at least get a yes or no answer or if it is not time for me to have my wish, then when will be the time? if i even had the slightest clue of maybe when then i would never falter in my faith but whereas i am in the dark on this matter i begin to feel as if it will not get accepted and that is the time where i stray from Allah and sin, when i feel abandoned is when i dont follow allahs rules, so if he knows this then y wouldnt he give me even an extremely vague answer/sign/anything when he knows that it will keep me from sinning? i mean seriously I HAVE WISHED FOR Allah TO GIVE ME A SIGN TO TELL ME WHEN HE WILL GRANT MY WISH. i am sorry but that just sounds absurd to me

• Advanced Member

thank u for all ur help and support but i feel as if there is much ambiguity in some of these teachings, i wish i could at least get a yes or no answer or if it is not time for me to have my wish, then when will be the time? if i even had the slightest clue of maybe when then i would never falter in my faith but whereas i am in the dark on this matter i begin to feel as if it will not get accepted and that is the time where i stray from Allah and sin, when i feel abandoned is when i dont follow allahs rules, so if he knows this then y wouldnt he give me even an extremely vague answer/sign/anything when he knows that it will keep me from sinning? i mean seriously I HAVE WISHED FOR Allah TO GIVE ME A SIGN TO TELL ME WHEN HE WILL GRANT MY WISH. i am sorry but that just sounds absurd to me

I don't mean to be blunt but are you saying that either Allah swt gives you what you wish for or else you lose your faith in Allah swt. Stop and think about what you're saying. Is your "wish" really worth endangering your iman and your relationship with Allah swt? I would like to believe that you are just emotional at the moment and you are trying to comfort yourself through these words. If your faith falters, YOU will be at loss.

• Veteran Member

Allah is probably testing your faith in Him by withholding one single thing you desire. And it sounds like you're allowing yourself to fail this test. Shaitan wants you to think these thoughts, and remember that the only thing that Shaitan ultimately wants for you is to go to Hell, so resist the thoughts and have patience. And maybe think of alternative ways to acquire whatever it is that you want. You can't sit at home and pray all day for a million dollars to fall from the sky, you have to work for it.