In the Name of God بسم الله

The Big Question

Rate this topic

Mehek

• Advanced Member

Errrr...because they were all divine leaders (Prophets) and Sunnis don't consider the caliphs that came after the Prophet's death divine agents.

:wacko:

But you also say that the last Prophet (pbuh) made mistakes do not you?

Are are not they not multiple hadiths in your books that Imam Ali (as) was the chosen successor many times by the Prophet (pbuh)?

Moses prayed: "O my Lord! forgive me and my brother! admit us to Thy mercy! for Thou art the Most Merciful of those who show mercy!"

—Qur'an, sura 7 (

As-Saaffat), ayat 150-151

please any shia explain me the meaning of this verse

in this verse prophet moses seeking forgiveness for him and his brother ,here question arise if prophet moses was guaranteed by Allah that he was free from errors then what is the meaning of seeking forgiveness.

• Advanced Member

Moses prayed: "O my Lord! forgive me and my brother! admit us to Thy mercy! for Thou art the Most Merciful of those who show mercy!"

—Qur'an, sura 7 (

As-Saaffat), ayat 150-151

please any shia explain me the meaning of this verse

in this verse prophet moses seeking forgiveness for him and his brother ,here question arise if prophet moses was guaranteed by Allah that he was free from errors then what is the meaning of seeking forgiveness.

Aghfirlana in arabic can also mean "protect us" as well as forgive us

We all require the protection of Allah swt

Even if they didn't commit a sin, they will still ask for forgiveness out of humbleness, A true believer sees his faults as bigger than they really are...

Can you point me to the Sin which they are asking to be forgiven for?

Edited by Hassan_S

Even if they didn't commit a sin, they will still ask for forgiveness out of humbleness, A true believer sees his faults as bigger than they really are...

when musa (as) returned he became angry at his brother ( haroon (as)) and felt that it might be the big sin /error in the eye of Allah that his brother did not stop people from samiri.

• Advanced Member
when musa (as) returned he became angry at his brother ( haroon (as)) and felt that it might be the big sin /error in the eye of Allah that his brother did not stop people from samiri.

OK but this does not explain why he would ask for "forgiveness" for both of them.

• Advanced Member

Sunnis don't have very convincing arguments on the question of the successorship of the Holy Prophet (pbuh). While, they desperately want their precious caliphs to be legitimate in the eyes of the Muslim Ummah, but they lack textual evidence to support their belief/stance.

Here is one thread where the Sunnis have failed to produce even a single evidence to support the caliphate of Abu Bakr http://www.al-islam.org/index.php?sid=501462895&t=74&cat=74

• Advanced Member

Aghfirlana in arabic can also mean "protect us" as well as forgive us

We all require the protection of Allah swt

I guess the sin was that Musa (a.s) commited murder (by mistake or knowingly) when he pushed a guy which fell and died. I may be wrong but as far as i am sure it had to do with that.

Some may oppose to it.