Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Al-Hadi

Does This Count As Shaheed?

Rate this topic

I would think so. Especially if you are killed because you're a Shia (which is usually the case), because you'll be "slain in God's way".

Someone who is martyred is usually defined as a person who is killed because of what he believes in.

I'm sure the people killed in the Samarra bombings are martyrs because they were killed due to their beliefs.

When I was in Kadhmain, we heard a bomb blast and also Karbala is always dangerous anyway, as is Baghdad.

This also happened when I was in Iraq:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8621885.stm

We had to change our whole route because Najaf Imam Ali Airport was closed.

But none of us were scared of dying, because we thought we'd be slain in God's way, hence be martyrs. It's more of an honour.

Some hadiths (first one is Sunni source though) that might help:

The Prophet (pbuh) said, ‘Whoever is unjustly killed is a martyr.’[Kanz al-`Ummal, 11205]

The Prophet (pbuh) said, ‘Whoever dies loving the household of Muhammad dies a martyr.’[bihar al-Anwar, v. 68, p. 137, no. 76]

Imam Zayn al-Abidin (as) said, ‘Whoever dies accepting our guardianship during the occultation of the one who will rise up [the awaited twelfth Imam, al-Mahdi], Allah will grant him the reward of a thousand such martyrs as died in the battles of Badr and Uhud.’[bihar al-Anwar, v. 82, p. 173, no. 6]

Edited by Replicant

salam Alaikum

we have 2 kinds of Shaheeds:

1- The Shaheed which is famous in public meaning, is the one who be martyred in the battle filed of Islam against Kuffar

2-The other group are those who if they die, they would be rewarded like a shaheed by Allah, like the one who dies by sinking in the water, or the mother who dies as on born of her baby, or ...so this person is in this group, I mean just will be rewarded as a Shaheed ...

wassalam

(salam)

I am just wondering if Dying in Iraq because of going on ziarah of the Imams (as) and Prophets (as) counts as dying shaheed?

sorry if this is a stupid question but I heard that it doesn't count

Thanks in Advance.

(wasalam)

I believe they're Shuhada PLUS they get the power of intercession on the day of judgement. I just have to check my sources on this.

Edited by S.hassan

(salam)

I am just wondering if Dying in Iraq because of going on ziarah of the Imams (as) and Prophets (as) counts as dying shaheed?

sorry if this is a stupid question but I heard that it doesn't count

Thanks in Advance.

(wasalam)

yes, because they;re dying in the way of the Ahlul Bayt (as). I've heard that even if someone dies on their way to the masjid they are counted as shaheed because they were going to worship Allah (swt) and learn and commorate the Ahlul Bayt (as)

salam Alaikum

we have 2 kinds of Shaheeds:

1- The Shaheed which is famous in public meaning, is the one who be martyred in the battle filed of Islam against Kuffar

2-The other group are those who if they die, they would be rewarded like a shaheed by Allah, like the one who dies by sinking in the water, or the mother who dies as on born of her baby, or ...so this person is in this group, I mean just will be rewarded as a Shaheed ...

wassalam

Assalamallikum,

To comment on Iman=Faith's post: As the Quran reveals, we are judged by our intentions. Supplementary nouns to signify elements of this are attitude and thinking and impulse. As only Allah(swt) has knowledge of all things. The malik and el-alamin can only guess on any of this as it appears to us. Ergo (therefore), only Allah(swt) can determine or award a nafs as shaheed.

Assalamallikum,

To comment on Iman=Faith's post: As the Quran reveals, we are judged by our intentions. Supplementary nouns to signify elements of this are attitude and thinking and impulse. As only Allah(swt) has knowledge of all things. The malik and el-alamin can only guess on any of this as it appears to us. Ergo (therefore), only Allah(swt) can determine or award a nafs as shaheed.

salam Alaikum

Don't mix the subjects brother.

what I said is based on Ahadith and our Fiqh books not my own understanding.