Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Shia Centres/communities In: Calgary, Alberta

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Alhamdulilah, I will be moving to Calgary by end of November Inshallah.

I have heard of the Hussaini Centre (mostly frequented by our South Asian brothers): http://www.hussainic...ndex.php?p=home

I was wondering what other centre's there are (iraqi, lebanese, etc)

I am not uptight about the ethnicity at all, I just want to know what language the lecture is conducted in so that I can understand the speaker.

I am assuming the Hussaini centre is prolly conducted in Urdu or English???

I heard there is a khoja centre in Edmonton but are there many khoja's in Calgary???

Basically, can someone provide a run down of the SHia community in Calgary and where to buy halal meat???

Shukran

Edited by As7aabul Yameen
  • Advanced Member

Wa alikum alsalam,

I found this one in Edmonton .

Islamic Shia Ithna Asheri Jamaat

4307-33 Ave

Edmonton , AB T6L 4H7 , Canada

Phone: (403) 463-4660

Fax: (780) 465-0786

URL: http://www.jammat.org

As I read that Sheikh Usama Al-Atar is the imam there, so we are sure that he speaks in English.

You can notice this from his lectures on their website too.

And I think it would be better to contact with SHia community in Calgary through there website to make sure if they speak in Urdu or in English in their lectures, so you can try to find another place for Muharram. Also, you can ask them where to buy halal meat in Calgary.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Zahra1
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Basic Members

(bismillah)

(salam)

Alhamdulilah, I will be moving to Calgary by end of November Inshallah.

I have heard of the Hussaini Centre (mostly frequented by our South Asian brothers): http://www.hussainic...ndex.php?p=home

I was wondering what other centre's there are (iraqi, lebanese, etc)

I am not uptight about the ethnicity at all, I just want to know what language the lecture is conducted in so that I can understand the speaker.

I am assuming the Hussaini centre is prolly conducted in Urdu or English???

I heard there is a khoja centre in Edmonton but are there many khoja's in Calgary???

Basically, can someone provide a run down of the SHia community in Calgary and where to buy halal meat???

Shukran

Salam :)

There are two Khoja jam'at khanas in Calgary. However, they conduct their religious practices far differently than Ithna-Asheris. Their jummahs take place on Friday nights and, I am not sure if you are aware of this, but Ismailis do not preform regular 5 daily sala't. Instead they recite a dua'a together three times a day. If you are an Ithna-Ashari my best best is for you to go to the Hussaini Association of Calgary (the Indian/Pakistani) one. There is also an Iraqi, Lebanese, and Iranian centre as well. :)

Enaya

• 5 weeks later...