Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Eid Al Adha , Hajj And Ayatullah Sistani Hfz

Rate this topic

AghaHassanAbbas

• Advanced Member

Bismillah hir rahman nir raheem

I have got question regarding this Eid this year...I have not got enough time to explain but you would get what i mean from the title.When is the day of Arafah? What would do the muqallids of Ayatullah Sistani do in Hajj as they would do Eid one day after the Saudis and so on ....

Please can everyone shed light on this I really need to answer this too someone????

May Allah protect you......

ks.///

• Advanced Member

Thank you very much sister,

I hope im not bothering you too much but I really have to equip myself with the answers by tonight (UK TIME)

Can you please also explain....

What was the reason of this ruling?

I know Saudi authorities are not always right since they made a mistake in Eid ul fitr as well....

May Allah protect you..

• Advanced Member

I hope im not bothering you too much but I really have to equip myself with the answers by tonight (UK TIME)

I know Saudi authorities are not always right since they made a mistake in Eid ul fitr as well....

May Allah protect you..

You are welcome.

You are not bothering me at all.

We look at this case not as mistake here, we see that they do have an intention for doing this,

Shia and Sunni(more correctly Wahabi) don't celebrate Eid Al-Fitr And Eid Al-Adha in the same day every year.

So, we used to see this happens every year, nothing strange.

• Advanced Member

So how would you advise me to answer someone who might want to ask me

Why are you celeberating Eid on Mon when Arfat was today (sat)

This difference is normal, especially for muslims who lives in Europe.

I think that you still remember that Eid Al-Fitr was on Wednesday for us( in the middle East),

but for the followers of Sayed Sistani was on Thursday( in some European countries).

This depends on moon sighting in your area.

How would i found out, when ayatollah Khameini's marja is doing eid?

As I know that Eid in Iran is on Monday.

• Advanced Member

Well, it's kind of different rules for those there doing the hajj than for us back home. For us, we treat it the same as any other month in terms of how we determine the start. For those actually taking part in the hajj, the importance in the ritual of all the Muslims there taking part together takes prominence and precedence. Regardless of whether their "normal" fiqh would tell them the day timings are off, if you're there as a hajji, it would be absurdity to just do your own thing. You go with "local time/date." Because, ultimately, whether the day is off by a day doesn't really matter for the hajjis. It's the fact that all these people are experiencing what they experience together.

But for us, away from that, like I said, it's just a normal month, so we don't concern ourselves with pegging things to the calendar as it's measured in Arabia.You dig?

• Basic Members

All of them went to Arafah today, they had no choice.

May Allah protect you..

The Sayyid allows change of taqlid in the matter of Hajj so as to enable the pilgrims to perform the rites. This is common knowledge and any of his representatives should be able to confirm that.

Salaam,

I have many sunni friends and i don't know what to say to them as to why i am celebrating eid on monday, when arafat was on saturday?

why is there this dispute, please get back to me.

Jazak'Allah

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

I have many sunni friends and i don't know what to say to them as to why i am celebrating eid on monday, when arafat was on saturday?

why is there this dispute, please get back to me.

Jazak'Allah

Wa alikum alsalam,

As I said before, this depend on moon sighting in your area.

I don't know where you live, but let me assume that you live in UK, toy know this year that Eid Al-Fitr was on Wednesday for us( in the middle East), but for the followers of Sayed Sistani was on Thursday( in some European countries include UK), so we can see that even Shia in all continents can't have Eid in the same day, so what's the problem here.

You just need to explain this to them.

Look, there is a situation that you may be consider that Eid Al-Fitr for you alone if you only saw

the moon and no one could see it. So, there is no problem at all.

Is it just sistani followers eid on Monday ? I thought this eid was always the day after hajj why the day gap ?

No, as I know that Eid in Iran is on Monday too.