Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Çåá ÇáÈíÊ

Unfair That A Woman Must Observe Iddah After Muta'

Rate this topic

No sex would mean not pregnant.

2520. If, however, a husband divorces his wife before having sexual intercourse with her, there is no waiting period for her and she can marry another man immediately after being divorced, except if she finds traces of her husband's semen in her private part, then she should observe Iddah. www.sistani.org

Pregnancy may not be the only effect to take into consideration, think about psychological & social implications. E.g, It may not be psychologically good to switch so soon from one spouse to another after being so intimate with the first. Take into account that the iddah is a period where the divorce can be revoked; thus it serves as a cooling off period where the couple get to think about things in order to save them from the difficulties of a divorce that they may regret. Thus the iddah may not just be for the sake of pregnancy.

Plus the ruling you posted cannot be used prove the point when other rulings (such as the one for girls under 9 and those who do not menstruate) seem to show that pregnancy (or its absence) is not really the decisive factor.

Pregnancy may not be the only effect to take into consideration, think about psychological & social implications. E.g, It may not be psychologically good to switch so soon from one spouse to another after being so intimate with the first. Take into account that the iddah is a period where the divorce can be revoked; thus it serves as a cooling off period where the couple get to think about things in order to save them from the difficulties of a divorce that they may regret. Thus the iddah may not just be for the sake of pregnancy.

Plus the ruling you posted cannot be used prove the point when other rulings (such as the one for girls under 9 and those who do not menstruate) seem to show that pregnancy (or its absence) is not really the decisive factor.

But in Mut'ah there is no divorce, hence there is no need to 'cool' off... You can jump straight to the next partner.

Edited by Çåá ÇáÈíÊ

i answered your question and provided proof. Mutah has no divorce so I have no idea waht you are talking about.

Bottomline, though, women who do mut'ah and exit the contract unpregnant do not need to observe the iddah.

The case hasn't been resolved at all, i'm not going to repeat my last statement which has been recycled with facts and statistics by other members throughout this thread.

I think this iddah case has been resolved. Anyone who reads through this whole thread will see that my stance holds validity. Bottomline, though, women who do mut'ah and exit the contract unpregnant do not need to observe the iddah.

Bottom line is you are inviting people to hellfire.

i answered your question and provided proof. Mutah has no divorce so I have no idea waht you are talking about.

I beg to differ, and Allah knows better.

But in Mut'ah there is no divorce, hence there is no need to 'cool' off... You can jump straight to the next partner.

In Muta the couple may decide to extend the contract. Plus 'cooling off' may not just be to review the contract/marriage.

And your argument seems to be "I am just going to assume I am right and ignore all the basic reasons why I'm wrong."

This is the dumbest thread ever.

I've already countered all your basic reasons and arguments, so i'm not assuming. Have you got anything new? i know i'm right because logic says so, not my desires.

You have no right to call this the "dumbest thread ever", just goes to show your maturity. This hasn't been five pages of nonsense but, on the contrary, food for thought and deep analysis of iddah.

Edited by Çåá ÇáÈíÊ

^Insha'Allah this will make you think and ponder. I emphasize, this is not an attack on you, rather I'm looking out for you as my brother in wilayat.

- We can all agree that you are a fallible human being whose logic is moulded somewhat by your culture, society, school etc (just like every other human).

- Let us say your rule was enforced - women don't need an iddah for mutah.

- So now, women are not observing the iddah between mutah husbands and are changing husbands after a few days rather than 3 months.

- Since you're fallible, let us say your logic turns out to be wrong on the day of judgement and you are accused of replacing divine laws with your own, rather than 'moving with the times'.

- Furthermore, this would mean you have encouraged women to commit zina (because the 3 month iddah wasn't observed, it is now zina because the mutah is invalid).

- You would be responsible for these HUGE sins - since you made and allowed haraam rules.

My point is - is it worth the risk?

Risk of commiting zina by rejecting and replacing Islamic laws based on own fallible 'logic' VS waiting 3 months like it was originally.

It's an easy choice to make.

Think about it this way and rather than second-guessing the laws of God, humble yourself before them.

Edited by Replicant

I've already countered all your basic reasons and arguments

And these lot countered back with statistics and facts relating to pregnancy tests; all your basic points have hence been refuted.

This thread is not food for thought in anyway, it's a loophole that wastes precious time.

And these lot countered back with statistics and facts relating to pregnancy tests; all your basic points have hence been refuted.

This thread is not food for thought in anyway, it's a loophole that wastes precious time.

No they haven't. You still haven't refuted the fact that a non pregnant woman who exits a mut'ah contract doesn't need to observe iddah.

So i see you enjoy wasting your precious time, then?

No they haven't. You still haven't refuted the fact that a non pregnant woman who exits a mut'ah contract doesn't need to observe iddah. So i see you enjoy wasting your precious time, then?

It's not a fact. 45 days, pregnant or not, is the iddah for mutah. Because, as you have refused to hear for 5 pages now, IDDAH IS NOT ONLY ABOUT PREGNANCY.

No they haven't. You still haven't refuted the fact that a non pregnant woman who exits a mut'ah contract doesn't need to observe iddah.

You still haven't explained why the waiting period is different according to whether it is the iddah of divorce, muta, or bereavement. If you don't fully understand those reasons, then how can you claim to know exactly what iddah is for?

It's not a fact. 45 days, pregnant or not, is the iddah for mutah. Because, as you have refused to hear for 5 pages now, IDDAH IS NOT ONLY ABOUT PREGNANCY.

You still haven't explained why the waiting period is different according to whether it is the iddah of divorce, muta, or bereavement. If you don't fully understand those reasons, then how can you claim to know exactly what iddah is for?

Ok, I will respond to this:

O you who believe: When you marry believing women and then divorce them before you have touched them, no period of idda (waiting) have you to count in respect of them: so give them a present and set them free in a graceful manner. 33:49

It's clear in this verse that Iddah for divorce is specifically centred around pregnancy, nothing else.

If any of you die and leave widows behind, they shall wait concerning themselves four months and ten days: when they have fulfilled their term, there is no blame on you if they dispose of themselves in a just and reasonable manner. And Allah is well acquainted with what ye do. 2:234

This is another form of iddah but for a different purpose and context. Regardless whether a woman is pregnant or not, she still has to observe this type of iddah if she becomes a widow because there is wisdom behind it, even for the allocated time length, perhaps so that she can get over the bereavement and settle down. There are probably other logical reasons, plus it is more appropriate. Most non-muslim widows inadvertently observe an iddah even longer than 4 months, anyway. It makes sense.

As for Mut'ah, there is no divorce in this contract and so Iddah is out of the question for a non-pregnant woman who consummated the temporary marriage.

Each iddah has it's own clause, reasoning and should be evaluated on a case by case basis, you can't compare.

How many times do people have to emphasize to you the inaccuracy of pregnancy tests? :huh:

So i see you enjoy wasting your precious time, then? That's a logical fallacy on your part, I read through this thread expecting to view a progressive discussion so the initial intention was not to waste my time, but ultimately that's what it turned out to be.

Did you see me commenting on your subsequent points? After I made my point I left it to the other members on this thread to elaborate. I'm not writing paragraphs here. It's a logical fallacy on your part, I read through this thread expecting to view a progressive discussion so the initial intention was not to waste my time, but ultimately that's what it turned out to be.

Edited by La'nat Ma Man

(bismillah)

(salam)

It's not fair to a woman's next husband if he gets a disease as a result of him going into the woman that another man went into a day ago, simply because she didn't want to observe the Islamic 'idda. This is basic biology. A woman's 'area' needs some time to clean out. Nor is it fair for a woman to get a disease for the same reason. Sorry for simplifying it so much but i had to keep this as rated-G as possible.

Ok, I will respond to this:

O you who believe: When you marry believing women and then divorce them before you have touched them, no period of idda (waiting) have you to count in respect of them: so give them a present and set them free in a graceful manner. 33:49

It's clear in this verse that Iddah for divorce is specifically centred around pregnancy, nothing else.

Touching them means sex, not necessarily pregnancy

Edited by ImamAliLover

(bismillah)

(salam)

It's not fair to a woman's next husband if he gets a disease as a result of him going into the woman that another man went into a day ago, simply because she didn't want to observe the Islamic 'idda. This is basic biology. A woman's 'area' needs some time to clean out. Nor is it fair for a woman to get a disease for the same reason. Sorry for simplifying it so much but i had to keep this as rated-G as possible.

I have never had a problem with iddah, I think it is good. BUT! You do realize that it is not only women who spread disease? Another thing....cleaning out will not get rid of the disease. What you just open and air it out...let it sit for a while then it goes away? LOOOOL It doesn't work that way my friend, once you have a disease you have a disease. If it's viral your stuck with it for life. If your lucky it is only bacterial and antibiotics will clear it up. This thinking has to stop and unfortunately some of the little dirt bags on here fantasizing about jumping from mutah to mutah (and more than one mutah a day at that) don't seem to take disease into account. All the better reason for women to refuse to engage in it and remain celibate.

Edited by ImAli

I have never had a problem with iddah, I think it is good. BUT! You do realize that it is not only women who spread disease? Another thing....cleaning out will not get rid of the disease. What you just open and air it out...let it sit for a while then it goes away? LOOOOL It doesn't work that way my friend, once you have a disease you have a disease. If it's viral your stuck with it for life. If your lucky it is only bacterial and antibiotics will clear it up.

Salam Sister disease can form without a previous disease lol

(bismillah)

(salam)

Touching them means sex, not necessarily pregnancy

That's a fair point, but since its a rarity and an exception it doesn't really prove iddah is needed for the mut'ah woman. You can easily get a test done to find out if you've been infected with a disease and then take precautionary measures.

'Touching' them means sex'... Ok, for a moment, let's just assume this is true. In this case, could the female do multiple mut'ah contracts with the same male without observing iddah each time the marriage is consummated?

I have never had a problem with iddah, I think it is good. BUT! You do realize that it is not only women who spread disease? Another thing....cleaning out will not get rid of the disease. What you just open and air it out...let it sit for a while then it goes away? LOOOOL It doesn't work that way my friend, once you have a disease you have a disease. If it's viral your stuck with it for life. If your lucky it is only bacterial and antibiotics will clear it up. This thinking has to stop and unfortunately some of the little dirt bags on here fantasizing about jumping from mutah to mutah (and more than one mutah a day at that) don't seem to take disease into account. All the better reason for women to refuse to engage in it and remain celibate.

You're turning a haram into a halal. It is forbidden to purposely remain celibate.

Also, those who fantasize of something halal are far from dirt bags. They are Shia, protecting the sunnah of AhlulBayt and disregarding the sunnah of Umar.

Salam Sister disease can form without a previous disease lol

An infection yes, but the type you are talking about can also form without having intercourse.

You're turning a haram into a halal. It is forbidden to purposely remain celibate.

Also, those who fantasize of something halal are far from dirt bags. They are Shia, protecting the sunnah of AhlulBayt and disregarding the sunnah of Umar.

Mutah is halal yes, but the way that some of these young boys on here talk about it is tasteless, rude, obnoxious, and it seems they have no couth (class)....it is a turnoff and I have no respect for this trashy behavior.....nor does any other woman.

Also if I choose to remain celibate should I ever be single again it is not haram. It is not my nor any other woman's job to keep shia men with a supply of mutah partners.

Edited by ImAli

*cough splutter*

Wait a cotton picking minute, it seems you are accusing ImAli of turning a halal into a haram with regard to muta conditions you are deriving from fallible hadith in a thread where YOU are attempting to turn a haram into a halal that is written in infallible Quran?? Did you just get back from a hatters tea party by any chance? You seem to be reasoning things a little back to front there.

*cough splutter*

Wait a cotton picking minute, it seems you are accusing ImAli of turning a halal into a haram with regard to muta conditions you are deriving from fallible hadith in a thread where YOU are attempting to turn a haram into a halal that is written in infallible Quran?? Did you just get back from a hatters tea party by any chance? You seem to be reasoning things a little back to front there.

Actually he accused me of turning haram into halal because I said that we should choose to remain celibate instead of endangering our health by doing mutah with men who have been with so many other women they can't keep track of it. Anyway I don't see what the problem is if a lady wants to remain celibate, it is her body and her business.

Edited by ImAli

*cough splutter*

Perhaps I should have put a comma after 'halal' to put what I said into context. Punctuation marks are so important.

Anyway, where in the infallible Quran does it say that iddah is needed for mut'ah? It only pertains to divorcee and widower.

Perhaps I should have put a comma after 'halal' to put what I said into context. Punctuation marks are so important.

Anyway, where in the infallible Quran does it say that iddah is needed for mut'ah? It only pertains to divorcee and widower.

My apologies 'Çåá ÇáÈíÊ, i misunderstood the details of thr debate, did a jog back and see youre not contesting Quran as i suggested, youre not contesting Iddah for Nikah right?

With regards to celibacy, ive only seen that condemned with regards to monkery (if thats a word??), a person choosing celibacy as a permanant life style choice with the idea it is a superior way to pleasing God.

Edited by ~Ruqaya's Amal~

My apologies 'اهل البيت, i misunderstood the details of thr debate, did a jog back and see youre not contesting Quran as i suggested, youre not contesting Iddah for Nikah right?

With regards to celibacy, ive only seen that condemned with regards to monkery (if thats a word??), a person choosing celibacy as a permanant life style choice with the idea it is a superior way to pleasing God.

wait, what? are you suggesting being celibate is more pleasing to Allah then being married?

Salam alaykom all,

I just thought I'd put my 2 cents in here. I am a woman, and I personally agree with the 'iddah period not for the reasons of pregnancy, but because I genuinely believe men can emotionally move on from a relationship (whether temporary or not) much quicker than a woman. I'm sure I am going to get a lot of negative comments about this, but as a 31yo woman I feel that it is true for me. Woman are wired differently to men, and we are a lot more emotional in everyday things than what men are. Therefore if for no other reason, the 'iddah period is good for us to help us psychologically re-collect and adjust and clear ourselves so that when the time period is up, we are free of any "baggage" and can move on.

I'm a Western Muslim, is that makes sense, so my world is not quite as restricted as in the more Islamic countries where man/female relationships are a bit more common, and I see men generally moving onward and upward more quickly and with less baggage and hurt than women.

There you go, I feel better having voiced my opinion!

:)

wait, what? are you suggesting being celibate is more pleasing to Allah then being married?

No she said this way of thinking is discouraged....read it carefully. (in other words becoming a monk is discouraged) It seems you have a habit of purposely misreading posts for the sake of argument.

I must add....I would rather be celibate or in a permanent relationship than jump from mutah to mutah....this would make me feel like an old piece of cheap trashy luggage and I think most women with self respect feel the same and would rather permanent marriage or celibacy because jumping from mutah to mutah would be a negative blow to her self esteem and well being.

Edited by ImAli

it is fair, and it is good for women to wait for short time to make sure that they are not pregnant.

it is fair, and it is good for women to wait for short time to make sure that they are not pregnant.

Wow you are so smart Einstein! That has been said 1,000 times