Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
DoubleAgent4

Iran's Salehi Due In Saudi Arabia

Rate this topic

(salam)

Iran's Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi has left Tehran for the Saudi capital of Riyadh to attend the funeral of the late Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz.

Salehi left Tehran for Riyadh early Tuesday afternoon, heading a delegation to attend Abdul Aziz's funeral, IRIB reported.

The funeral procession is slated to be held later Tuesday in the presence of senior officials of countries.

On Sunday, Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad offered condolences to Saudi Arabian King Abdullah over the demise of Saudi crown prince.

In a message, President Ahmadinejad said he hoped that God would grant the bereaved family the patience to bear the loss.

Saudi Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz, who was next in line to the Saudi throne, died at the age of 81 at a New York hospital on Saturday.

Bin Abdul Aziz had served as the defense minister of the Saudi kingdom for the past five decades.

In July, the ailing Saudi crown prince underwent an operation in a New York hospital.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/206513.html

Have my eyes deceived me? Hypocrisy much?

It's kind of like when Obama sent Iran the Eid-e-Norooz message.. It's obvious that Obama isn't exactly the biggest fan of the Iranian government, but like someone said above, it's being diplomatic.

But yeah, from a personal point of view, I find it very hypocritical, but that's politics for you I guess.

-_-

Cummon Hawraa, get a life. The Islamic Republics stance on Saudi aggression is quite clear and well known. In light of the accusations recently made by the US Govt against Iran; (the so called plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador), these little visits are important to defuse tension and prevent an escalation of the crisis. But funnily enough, you same people are the ones to blame Iran for the war against Saddam, and now that the Islamic Republic is taking measures to prevent another potential crises, you are the ones to have a problem with it. Heck, what is it that you guys want?

As others here have generally said the Islamic Republic of Iran does have relations with the Saudi monarchy (and this kind of thing is something that comes with diplomacy); of course Iran needs relations with the ruling Saudi monarchy to facilitate Iranian Muslim pilgrims going to Arabia for Hajj and Umrah in Mekkah (and of course pilgrims usually travel to the Holy City of Madinah as well) and also to try to bring about more Muslim unity around the globe for our Muslim Ummah. Muslim unity which Iran advocates and which the servant's of the kuffar/the Wahhabi hatemongers in the Saudi monarchy stand against (in service to their US and Zionist masters).

Despite these relations, the Islamic Republic of Iran regularly and forcefully decries and criticizes many actions of the Saudi monarchy; from the Saudi monarchy generally being a corrupt pawn and tool of the kuffar to the Saudi monarchy's military invading and occupying (with US supplied weapons) the island of Bahrain, etc.

Edited by Taufiq

Cummon Hawraa, get a life. The Islamic Republics stance on Saudi aggression is quite clear and well known.

For people like Hawraa, these kinds of basic things are just some excuses to do Iran bashing... Other examples (topics) are weapons bought from Israel during the war, putting a few clerics (Mullahs) in prisons by Iranian government and etc. But, when it comes to Iran's stance against Saudi or against Israel or when assuring the rights of Mullahs, the same people will never stand by Iranian decisions. Then, the same people will simply take an opposite side and blame Iran for going against Saudi, against Israel and/or protecting Mullahs.

On this forum or in real life, in the media... The accusation against Iran on buying weapons from Israel as (a very negative and bad thing) come from those people (Arab puppet states) who in their entire lives never appreciated any Iranian move against Israel or any move by any party against Israel; they never bothered even once to condemn Israel. In simple life we can describe these people as haters. These are the types of weak, lazy and politically failed people who only follow the media and mainly propaganda, especially against Islam, against Iran and against any independent party or group. By focusing only on one direction, on one group and only waiting for something 'negative' to happen according to their own standards and logic and then preach that to others to try to make a point.

Edited by Noah-

In all fariness I didn't see this issue from the diplomacy point of view so thank you for all who made me aware of this however wanting to have good relations with a country doesn't mean that you have to go to the extents of attending the funeral of the crown prince. Offering condolences would have been suffice.

And do not mix up the truth with the falsehood, nor hide the truth while you know (it) - 2:42

He who supports falsehood oppresses the truth - Imam Ali (as) [Ghurar al-Hikam, no. 6041]

Guest EndlessEndeavor

Hawra, just a question out of pure interest; why are you determined to undermine Iran at every single opportunity possible? I find it very bewildering and from observations, very characteristic of those who are in favour of tatbir.

Hawra, just a question out of pure interest; why are you determined to undermine Iran at every single opportunity possible? I find it very bewildering and from observations, very characteristic of those who are in favour of tatbir.

The same reason as to why some people feel the need to mention the IRI in every single one of their posts, regardless of what the topic may be on.

The same reason as to why some people feel the need to mention the IRI in every single one of their posts, regardless of what the topic may be on.

It's a sub forum about Iran and Iranian politicians and politics , what did you want people to mention?

Your answer did not answer his question. Try again!

It's a sub forum about Iran and Iranian politicians and politics , what did you want people to mention?

Your answer did not answer his question. Try again!

I wasn't refering to posts just in this sub forum so there was no need for you to comment if you had nothing useful to add to this thread.

I wasn't refering to posts just in this sub forum so there was no need for you to comment if you had nothing useful to add to this thread.

Oh so you just make a claim, again, against many fellow shiachatters, that they keep talking about Iran in all sub forums. And because of that, you as an Iranian feel the need to talk trash about Iran, then you go into tough mode and come up with the above comment.

Your logic is really impenetrable. Why don't you stop cowering out of conversations for once in your shiachat lifetime and stick it out?:

Blissful, patience :P I want to make it good lol...it'll probably be up in a few days ;)

We are still waiting for this one btw.

Edited by repenter

^

What in the name of God are you on about? You clearly misunderstood my point, which was that as certain people love to elevate Iran's status whenever they find the opportunity, then I am also entitled to state my views, regardless of what others may think. Got it? Or do I need to explain it again :dry:

Read post #9, that pretty much summed up what I meant. As you can see I clearly admiited that I was looking at this from the wrong perspective, after all we're here to discuss and not aimlessly debate so I would honestly appreciate it if your likes don't try to undermine me whenever you see fit!

Oh and I'm not going to make that thread anytime soon due to time constraints and needing to do more research.

Edited by Hawraa29

^

What in the name of God are you on about? You clearly misunderstood my point, which was that as certain people love to elevate Iran's status whenever they find the opportunity, then I am also entitled to state my views, regardless of what others may think. Got it? Or do I need to explain it again :dry:

Read post #9, that pretty much summed up what I meant. As you can see I clearly admiited that I was looking at this from the wrong perspective, after all we're here to discuss and not aimlessly debate so I would honestly appreciate it if your likes don't try to undermine me whenever you see fit!

Oh and I'm not going to make that thread anytime soon due to time constraints and needing to do more research.

What exactly did I do to undermine you? I told you answer his question if you are going to spend energy writing something, make it useful, after all, it's your thread, i would expect you to not throw junk around in your own thread.

PS: you will get undermined and ridiculed as long as you keep the same policy yourself. As soon as you stop that, you will notice that people will treat you differently. Like it or not, that's how it works.

I find it very bewildering and from observations, very characteristic of those who are in favour of tatbir.

I found this statement insulting, degrading and pointless. It had nothing to do with the thread. It was a wild and inaccurate accusation.