Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
baradar_jackson

Persian Word Of The Day

Next word:مخصوص (Yeah iranians have the same word)

Transliteration: Makhsoos

Example: Shoma khaylee makhsoos hastid (this one's for baradar)

Translation: You are very special.

Edited by S.hassan

Next two words: فريب and جنايت

Now let me give you guys an example in what context these words may be used.

مَردُمانِ ايران فريبِ حكومتِ جِنايَتكار را شُدَند

Transliteration: Mardomane Iran fareebe hokumate jenayatkar ra shodand

Translation: The people of Iran have been deceived by the criminal government.

Edited by Hawraa29

مردم ایران فریب این حکومت جنایتکار را خردند

Transliteration: Mardome Iran fareebe in hokumate jenayatkar ra khordand

Fixed your grammar.

(This is why you need real Iranians doing this thread and not make it a volunteer extravaganza where any Londoner or Canadian can say what they want)

مردم ایران فریب این حکومت جنایتکار را خوردند

Transliteration: Mardomane Iran fareebe hokumate jenayatkar ra shodand

Fixed your grammar.

(This is why you need real Iranians doing this thread and not make it a volunteer extravaganza where any Londoner or Canadian can say what they want)

Fixed your spelling.

You and Hawra should both leave this thread to me.

Fixed your grammar.

Is that why your "correction" of my post was all wrong?

Fixed your spelling.

You and Hawra should both leave this thread to me.

Thanks for the spelling fix but that was just a typo, whereas the grammar mistakes were just pure Shirazi illiteracy.

Is that why your "correction" of my post was all wrong?

Wrong how?

Haidar I told you don't talk when you don't know.

You made a mistake and were corrected. Don't call the correction wrong. Just admit you were wrong.

If you want to call someone special, you can say it in a few ways:

خیبی خاص هستی

Kheili khass hasti

یدونه ای

Yedoonei

تکی

Taki

The way you said doesn't make proper sense. Makhsoos is not used for people.

In any case both of you hojjatiyehs used words that are Arabic in origin. These are loan words.

Most of the members of SC are Arab, and therefore do not need to be taught their own words.

Unless, of course, these words are deceptively the same, but are different in meaning. For example, صلح (solh; peace).

Anyway, everybody shut up. This was supposed to be a word per day, not a bunch of words per day, peppered with incorrect grammar and ignorant political remarks.

Idiots can't leave their noses out of anything. Get a life. If you have depression because your beloved king is gone and the hawzahs are not left to rot under the management of your reactionary akhoonds, then just deal with it the way you always do: by cutting yourself.

Edited by baradar_jackson

Thanks for the spelling fix but that was just a typo, whereas the grammar mistakes were just pure Shirazi illiteracy.

Wrong how?

Haidar I told you don't talk when you don't know.

You made a mistake and were corrected. Don't call the correction wrong. Just admit you were wrong.

If you want to call someone special, you can say it in a few ways:

خیبی خاص هستی

Kheili khass hasti

یدونه ای

Yedoonei

تکی

Taki

The way you said doesn't make proper sense. Makhsoos is not used for people.

In any case both of you hojjatiyehs used words that are Arabic in origin. These are loan words.

Most of the members of SC are Arab, and therefore do not need to be taught their own words.

Unless, of course, these words are deceptively the same, but are different in meaning. For example, صلح (solh; peace).

Anyway, everybody shut up. This was supposed to be a word per day, not a bunch of words per day, peppered with incorrect grammar and ignorant political remarks.

Idiots can't leave their noses out of anything. Get a life. If you have depression because your beloved king is gone and the hawzahs are not left to rot under the management of your reactionary akhoonds, then just deal with it the way you always do: by cutting yourself.

Ingorant political remarks.....hmm you're the one who started that smart one.

BTW if you're trying to teach lebs farsi only to get their contact details this won't work :lol:

Edited by S.hassan

Salam brothers,

Good Shia brothers like Bradar_Jackson and S Hassan should not be fighting. We are so few and we have so many enimies, therefore we should be looking after each other.

Wa' Salam.

Salam brothers,

Good Shia brothers like Bradar_Jackson and S Hassan should not be fighting. We are so few and we have so many enimies, therefore we should be looking after each other.

Wa' Salam.

LOL I love how you spelled his name wrong....Anyways brother, nothing wrong with what I said.

lol. I intentionally once called baradar (brother) Jackson, bandar Jackson to test something. He is so kind that he forgave me.

Wa' Salam.

P.S. Bandar means monkey in Urdu.

He didn't spell my name wrong!

Aladdin is a Paki brother, he simply spelled it the Paki way.

Aladdin is an Arab brother, who has relatives in beloved Iraq and beloved Iran and has ties with Pakistan.

Wa' Salam.

I asked Syed Sistani something in Arabic, and he taught I was an Iranian. He answered me with his own handwriting in Persian.

You know that we don't love the King so please don't come up with the same thing each time.

Ahh I knew it was 'khordand', that's what I initially put but my sister said it was 'shodand' :dry:

Shias are the one who bring Arabs, Persians, Pakistanis ... everyone together.

Sunnis are the ones who divide Arabs and Persians, and never respect anyone else.

Wa' Salam.

I don't understand what is so offensive about the statement, "The brave men of the IRI Army made many sacrifices/martyrdoms during the difficult times of the Imposed War," that certain individuals feel the need to make ignorant political remarks in response to it.

Do these individuals not consider the men of the IRI Army to be brave? Do they deny that they made sacrifices and jihads? Do they deny that the Imposed War was difficult times? Do they deny that the Imposed War was "imposed"? What is it about that statement that triggered a vile counter-revolutionary reaction?

Perhaps the fact that the faithful hezbollahi forces, during the war, made many sacrifices and fought so bravely, puts under question their whole notion of the world coming to an end in 1979 and of there being absolutely no fruits from the triumph of the Islamic Revolution? Yes! This is why they cannot even so much as accept the Soldiers of Islam as martyrs! Why not? Because they followed a corrupt Sufi Marxist Batri leader who implemented a deviant bidah doctrine and etc...

As far as they are concerned, nothing positive can be said of the Islamic Revolution, nothing positive can be said Imam Khomeini or Seyyed Ali, and in fact nothing positive can be said of anything that has happened in Iran since then.

I don't understand what is so offensive about the statement, "The brave men of the IRI Army made many sacrifices/martyrdoms during the difficult times of the Imposed War," that certain individuals feel the need to make ignorant political remarks in response to it.

Do these individuals not consider the men of the IRI Army to be brave? Do they deny that they made sacrifices and jihads? Do they deny that the Imposed War was difficult times? Do they deny that the Imposed War was "imposed"? What is it about that statement that triggered a vile counter-revolutionary reaction?

Perhaps the fact that the faithful hezbollahi forces, during the war, made many sacrifices and fought so bravely, puts under question their whole notion of the world coming to an end in 1979 and of there being absolutely no fruits from the triumph of the Islamic Revolution? Yes! This is why they cannot even so much as accept the Soldiers of Islam as martyrs! Why not? Because they followed a corrupt Sufi Marxist Batri leader who implemented a deviant bidah doctrine and etc...

As far as they are concerned, nothing positive can be said of the Islamic Revolution, nothing positive can be said Imam Khomeini or Seyyed Ali, and in fact nothing positive can be said of anything that has happened in Iran since then.

LOL no one said it's offensive. You said people are bringing in politics in the thread when you did it in the first post. Forget that?

That sentence is not political!

It was an outright lie though, you skewed my words 180 degrees.

^^^^ Salam brother,

Don't hijack your own thread. Teach us the beautiful Persian language. The language of great culture and great people.

Wasalam,

The words have been used up for today's slot, come back tomorrow.

It was an outright lie though, you skewed my words 180 degrees.

You said:

- If a war started between Iran and the US, most in the IRI Army would defect.

- The IRI Army "failed" during the Imposed War

Correct or no? (Remember that we can always look through the chat logs and find the real truth)

The words have been used up for today's slot, come back tomorrow.

Word, not words.

This thread has a strict no-hojjatiyeh policy.

Edited by baradar_jackson

Teach us the beautiful Persian language. The language of great culture and great people.

Many countries in the Middle East are artificial creations. European colonialists drew their national borders in the nineteenth or twentieth century, often with little regard for local history and tradition, and their leaders have had to concoct outlandish myths in order to give citizens a sense of nationhood. Just the opposite is true of Iran. This is one of the world’s oldest nations, heir to a tradition that reaches back thousands of years, to periods when great conquerors extended their rule across continents, poets and artists created works of exquisite beauty, and one of the world’s most extraordinary religious traditions took root and flowered. Even in modern times, which have been marked by long periods of anarchy, repression, and suffering, Iranians are passionately inspired by their heritage.
Edited by Hawraa29

Today's word:

Word: åáæÇä

Transliteration: pahlavaan

Meaning: wrestler, hero, athlete, champion (can't be properly translated but it means all of these things)

Example: ÌåÇä åáæÇä ÛáÇãÑÖÇ ÊÎÊی ÊæÓØ äیÑæåÇی ÇãäیÊی ÔÇå ãáÚæä ÔåیÏ ÔÏ

Translation: World Champion Gholam-Reza Takhti was martyred at the hands of the intelligence forces of the accursed Shah.

Today's word:

Word: پهلوان

Transliteration: pahlavaan

Meaning: wrestler, hero, athlete, champion (can't be properly translated but it means all of these things)

Example: جهان پهلوان غلامرضا تختی توسط نیروهای امنیتی شاه ملعون شهید شد

Translation: World Champion Gholam-Reza Takhti was martyred at the hands of the intelligence forces of the accursed Shah.

Salam brother,

Thank you for teaching an Arab, your great language, your great culture and your great people. No wonder Salman al-Farsi (as), in one of the Ahlulbayt (as).

Today's word (suggested by brother Mahdavist):

Word: ÛÑÈÒÏی

Transliteration: gharbzadegi

Meaning: Often translated as "Weststruckedness," "Westoxification," "Westitis," or "Occidentosis." None of them truly capture the word, but the word basically means obsession with parroting the West.

Example: ÛÑÈÒÏی ÏÑ ÊãÇã æÌæÏ «ãÇÑÈáÒ» ÑÓæÎ ˜ÑÏå

Translation: Westitis has permeated Marbles' entire existence.

History: The word was made famous by the Iranian intellectual Jalal Al-e Ahmad after he wrote a book of the same title. He himself did not coin the term, but it was after he wrote this book that the word became a part of public and (after the revolution), official usage. The book has been translated into English and can be read here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/7077257/Occidentosis-A-Plague-From-the-West-1978-Jalal-Ale-Ahmad