Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Nikah

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Ummmm. I don't think so. As sex is a required act in the nikah isn't it? Idk.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sex is not part of Nikkah.

nikkah is a verbal thing and its not wajib that the couple consumate the marriage on the wedding night.

But ya asma0401, maybe u might wanna change the date if its not too late.

But, there is nothing that the period voids the marriage contract.

DISCLAIMER: Prolly u should wait for a more senior member to comment.

Salam,

I can write a 2 page article on why sex is not good soon after nikah.

Unless you have not done a non-sex muta 6 months prior to nikah, it is better to leave sex part as a later priority.

First connect on soul and mind level, then go for sex which comes naturally once you start liking someone mentally.

So again, sex is not part of nikah contract. Nikah contract is, a contract, and that is it.

Sex is critical part to keep and maintain a good marriage though.

• Advanced Member

Salam,

I can write a 2 page article on why sex is not good soon after nikah.

Unless you have not done a non-sex muta 6 months prior to nikah, it is better to leave sex part as a later priority.

First connect on soul and mind level, then go for sex which comes naturally once you start liking someone mentally.

So again, sex is not part of nikah contract. Nikah contract is, a contract, and that is it.

Sex is critical part to keep and maintain a good marriage though.

There is nothing from my current understanding from hadith or quran that states one should wait for a while before consumating the marriage.

I dont know about you but when I get married, consumating the marriage is definately gonna be near the top of the priority list...

If both parties are ready, then bismillah, plus, if the man is ready and the women isnt and there is no other reason then she isnt 'feeling' it then thats not a good enough excuse as islamically she must provide conjugal relations for the husband whenever the husband wants unless she is sick/injured/menses etc. i.e. valid reason only!!!

Edited by As7aabul Yameen
  • Advanced Member

I was told that in the time of the Prophet there was only nikah, no marriage ceremonies? That the ceremonies developed over time and part of culture, not religion? Is this true?

Yes, true.

1st Zilhajj - AQAD-E-MAULA ALI ASWS WITH BIBI FATEMA ASWS

19th Zilhajj - RUKHSATI-E-BIBI FATEMA ASWS

There is nothing from my current understanding from hadith or quran that states one should wait for a while before consumating the marriage.

I dont know about you but when I get married, consumating the marriage is definately gonna be near the top of the priority list...

If both parties are ready, then bismillah, plus, if the man is ready and the women isnt and there is no other reason then she isnt 'feeling' it then thats not a good enough excuse as islamically she must provide conjugal relations for the husband whenever the husband wants unless she is sick/injured/menses etc. i.e. valid reason only!!!

That would tantamount to date-rape at most and just lack of basic decency at least.

For any good long term relationship, it would be better to not force yourself upon your wife.