Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Light of Ali

What Stereotype Bugs You The Most?

Rate this topic

Just because you're fat people assume you eat too much/ don't do exercise/ are lazy or just because you want to eat healthily people assume you're on a diet.

Edited by Hawraa29

Just beacase you wear hijab your oppressed....

Seriously we can make choices....

Ahhh I hate this one. People are always under the assumption that we are forced to wear it and it's oppressive and restrictive. Shame really - it's far beyond the opposite.

Ahhh I hate this one. People are always under the assumption that we are forced to wear it and it's oppressive and restrictive. Shame really - it's far beyond the opposite.

Things may be better for Muslim women in the West but in some countries in the Muslim East, a lot of women will shed off their headscarves and abayas if given a completely free choice, free from government and social pressure, especially in the Subcontinent.

To this day, the stereotype that women who do purdah (hijabis) are generally ill-educated, dull, backward and lacking confidence and unaware of the world at large. This stereotypical perception reinforces itself because most women who are found in hijabs and abayas come from rural or sub-urban backgrounds, where they have little opportunities for good education and almost none for outside work.

I know dozens of families from small towns here who used to do hijab but they gave it up, some gladly and others halfheartedly, when they moved to urban metropolises for education or work and due to marriage.

Edited by Marbles

when i was at highschool It happened a couple of times that my teachers came to me and asked me why i wore a black headscarf?

They were curious to know whether I was wearing black whether i was mourning or because of islamic reasons referring to khomeini and the black purdah worn by iranian women )

Obviously none of the reasons I I was simply a Gothic Hijabi

punk-muslim-girl-20323-1271287186-80.jpg

Edited by maniaac

I hate that too.....no one ever forced me to wear it, the only thing my parents told me before wearing it is....YOU CAN'T TAKE IT OFF NOW! ARE YOU SURE?

Anyway did you ever see the saudi women at the airport in beirut? LOOOOL they don't even make it to the bag pickup area before they start taking it all off.

Anyway did you ever see the saudi women at the airport in beirut? LOOOOL they don't even make it to the bag pickup area before they start taking it all off.

loool

This is not a stereotype but it really bugs me when Saudi women wear a scarf with their fringe showing. It just looks ugly and trampy in my opinion.

I hate that too.....no one ever forced me to wear it, the only thing my parents told me before wearing it is....YOU CAN'T TAKE IT OFF NOW! ARE YOU SURE?

Yeah my parents said the same thing, especially because I put it on so young.

lool yes I've seem them all -_- That relates to what Marbles said though. It's kind of like a relief for them because of their oppressive government.

Yeah my parents said the same thing, especially because I put it on so young.

lool yes I've seem them all -_- That relates to what Marbles said though. It's kind of like a relief for them because of their oppressive government.

And they are all blondes! (bottle blonde that is cough cough)

Lool yeah they think where all forced thanks to same of our muslim ppl lool

Suadi,iran,afganstian the goverment have proved that point lool

Then we have the ones that wear and take it and wear again so that makes them think all muslim get forced or beats if they dont wear it which isnt true but that life lool

People just generalise based on negitive things....

kim.tinkerbell, on 26 October 2011 - 06:52 PM, said:

When you tell people your arab and they go how can you be so white lool you live in the sahra dessert...... Um we dont all live their lool

Agreed. It really bugs me.

Did people really say that? I hate when people become surprised that I speak english LOOOOL. They don't say anything but they have a look of shock on their face.