In the Name of God بسم الله

Qadha Prayers - I Dont Understand Any Of It

Rate this topic

Abu Lulu

• Advanced Member

now my whole life i didnt pray the morningprayer, which is ridiculous. now i have to perform qadha for those missed prayers. but here lies the problem: how do i do this?

do i need to calculate al the prayers that i missed, and then start praying them from scratch? that would be a heckuvalot! lets say that from the age of 15th till now would be 6 years. 6*365 = 2190 prayers. do i need to perform 2190 prayers people???

please help people, please help

wasalaam

• Advanced Member

Yes, you have to pray the same amount you missed.

6 years is nothing, people have to pray 20+ years of missed prayers, and not just Fajr, but all 5.

The 'easiest' way to do it would be to pray them quickly and only perform the obligatory acts and leaving out the recommended acts.

You can find more information here:

http://www.najaf.org/learn/e_7.php?l=ENG

• Veteran Member

daaaaamnnnn son! so this realy means i have to pray a number of 2190! but here's another thing: do i have to pray two rakaats, or can i shorten it to 1 rakaat?

No, you can't shorten it to 1 rakaat. I think 10 prayers a day of the type mentioned in the link above are not a big deal. It's maybe just 30 minutes of your day.

• Advanced Member

You don't have to pray them all. You could just ask for forgiveness.

by performing qadha, it is like asking for forgiveness. im not lazy to pray to my Lord.

however; it is shocking to find out that all of a sudden you need to pray 2190 times. it doesnt feel like winning the lottery. but when i die i will cash in inshaAllah.

thanks for all your help; replicant, yaru, ibn hussein & haider. much appreciated.

wasalamu alaikum

no wait, one last thing: can i perform qadha while walking? i read this on sistani's website, but my memory aint my best friend lately.

• Veteran Member

In The Name of Allah, The Most Beneficent, The Most Merciful.

Assalamualaykum wa RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATOH.

Brother, you need to pray qadha for all the praers for which you are SURE that you have missed. I know it seems a lot of prayer but you do NOT need to be worried. You can just pary one qadha Fajr after every Fajr prayer you read or after every of the five daily prayers you can pray a qadha Fajr prayer; you will finish five of your qadha in one day like this! :) There is no hurry, you can go easily about it although it is recommended that you finish as fast as possible but do NOT get too tensed about it. If you do five in one day, like I said, I think you can finish quite comfortably.

Just to add as a sidenote, Qadha is NOT equal to Forgiveness. Missing your daily prayer is a SIN and doing its Qadha is just its compensation but this does NOT mean you are going to be forgiven 100%. Along with your Qadha do not forget to do repentance and ask Him for forgiveness and pray to Him that He keeps you, all the believers as well as me, from the abyss of sin for indeed there is neither any hope nor refuge except in Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.