Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
SD2

Chatroom

Rate this topic

[EDITED]

[EDITED - Disrespectful, watch your language]

To the OP: Over the long period this site's been online the topics that haven't been discussed have dwindled down to none. If you have a topic that's new to people please post it up.

Edited by Nocturne

To the OP: Over the long period this site's been online the topics that haven't been discussed have dwindled down to none. If you have a topic that's new to people please post it up.

What do you mean?

Edit - Oh you're telling me that all topics have been discussed and then you are telling me to post a topic that hasn't been discussed? :wacko:

Edited by Nocturne

What do you mean?

Edit - Oh you're telling me to post topics that haven't been discussed before even though they have all been discussed? :wacko:

No, I'm telling you to post topics that haven't been posted before (i.e something that's not about mutah, pro-Wilayatul Faqeeh or anti-wilayatul faqeeh, fadhlallah, why is hijab waajib, etc. )

Edited by S.hassan

No, I'm telling you to post topics that haven't been posted before (i.e something that's not about mutah, pro-Wilayatul Faqeeh or anti-wilayatul faqeeh, fadhlallah, why is hijab waajib, etc. )

Oh I see. ok inshallah

I think alot of you missed the part where I said have an islamic discussion but JOKE ABOUT ASWELL.

Number 1. Would the chatroom having Islamic talks benefit me or benefit everyone?

Number 2. Would the chatroom having Islamic talks help you remember Allah s.w.t or by sitting and joking about all day?

Number 3. Some people read my topic and assumed I said NO JOKING ... go read it again.

Maybe its Shaytaan, he seems to have a grip on me lately.

I find it strange how I am trying to ask why in the chatroom we don't remember Allah s.w.t and we talk about other stuff and I get taken the mick out of.

May Allah s.w.t forgive me for suggesting remembering him whilst in the chatroom......

1) Was anything haraam going on in the chatroom, that would necessitate you to do nahi al munkar?

2) Are you obliged to enter the chat room or is it an option which you yourself exercise?

3) Were you on the chatroom "all day," to know that joking was being done "all day?" A few people have now told you that serious discussions DO take place and yet you keep ignoring this point. In fact, just a few days ago I had a great, long discussion with a colorful gent named "Bonafide Hustler," where I argued that democracy -- whether its Western liberal democracy or the anarchist democracy which he advocated -- is krap, and why we need WF.

For the above reasons and more, you need to get over yourself. It's the internet. If you're SO serious about enlightening yourself that you're gonna be a buzzkill for everyone else, go to Qom. One of the blessings that we Shia have is that we have these holy cities; these centers of knowledge.

We have much more serious concerns on this website than joking in the chatroom. We have a lot of people who are using this site as a platform for misguiding others. This is far more urgent and pressing than a few clean jokes said in the chatroom.

Edited by baradar_jackson

1) Was anything haraam going on in the chatroom, that would necessitate you to do nahi al munkar?

2) Are you obliged to enter the chat room?

3) Were you on the chatroom "all day," to suggest that joking was being done "all day?" A few people have now told you that serious discussions DO take place. In fact just a few days ago I had a great, long discussion with a colorful gent named "Bonafide Hustler" where I argued that democracy -- whether its Western liberal democracy or the anarchist democracy which he advocated -- is [Edited Out], and why we need WF.

For the above reasons and more, you need to get over yourself. It's the internet. If you're so serious about enlightening yourself that you're gonna be a buzzkill for everyone else, go to Qom. One of the blessings that we have is that we have these holy cities; these centers of knowledge.

We have much more serious concerns on this website than joking in the chatroom. We have a lot of people who are using this site as a platform for misguiding others. This is far more urgent and pressing than a few clean jokes said in the chatroom.

You are right. I am wrong. Sorry :)

Not to be a hypocrite but today I met some more people in the Chatroom and it was actually quite fun whilst talking about not islamic topics.

As long as it's Halaal and we remember Allah s.w.t whilst doing what we do and it pleases Allah s.w.t then it's fine I guess :)

Edit - But it would still be better if there were more islamic talks going on. And for your information yes I have been there for a day and not seen any islamic talks that day or hardly any. Then again depends on your definition of "a day" :)

Edited by WhySoSerious?

3ama bi albik saba2tineh 3alayha? Kent ra7 ektob hekeh ana w nezel bel saf7a chefet enno katebtiha abel... Next time, leave ME all the glory...

Glory of what? An attempt at taking the mick out of someone being sincere? Even if my Thread was wrong doesn't give people the right to take the mick.

I can walk a mile in your shoes, so i can empathize.

You come to the chat hoping that you can learn about islam.

You talk for hours trying to get people to discuss islam, they take it light heartedly

You now write this post and share your frustrations and everys getting upset. your begging to not like this forum very much, right?

But i have had a different experirence on the chat, discussing and understanding the differences in sects, learning about new world events, sharring islamic movies, hadiths ECT

And of course there have been those times when everyone jokes around and all that, but thats part of the chat. I would suggest making friends with the people who agree with you on certain things.

(salam)

Fully agree with the OP

Humbly suggest few changes in the chatroom, like

1) completely disallow or edit out short forms like LOL (laughing out loud) , LMAO and what not.

Laughing loudly even through typing of short forms is like laughing loudly with a non-mahram in real world.

We see the word "lol" being used almost in every second sentence typed by people (irrespective of gender) while talking about wordly things and sometimes even while talking on Islamic subjects.

2) The chat mods should be more serious/strict and not get themselves involved in joking or vain talk which encourages others to do the same. In this way there will be decorum and and no un-islamic talks or actions happening to a large extent

(wasalam)

Edited by Imtiaz_Hyder

Much ado about nothing.

There's always going to be light talk and jokes in the chatroom amidst serious Islamic discussions; The place would fail, if not. You can't expect people to never digress to questions like "how are you" and "what's happening".

It's like having an 'Off topic forum' in the chatroom. Not much "Islamic" goes on in the off topic forums right?

It is live chat anyway. It is reflective of real life. As simple as that.

Edited by Marbles

(salam)

Bro Marbles

But it should be minus all those unislamic actions and vain talk(lol or showing smilies to a non mahram; as the same applies to real life), normal talk is ok and this post should not be taken as a no to any light talk, as the same impression is given here by some.

(wasalam)

(salam)

Bro Marbles

But it should be minus all those unislamic actions and vain talk(lol or showing smilies to a non mahram; as the same applies to real life), normal talk is ok and this post should not be taken as a no to any light talk, as the same impression is given here by some.

(wasalam)

The difference between smiling at a non-mahram, and showing a smiley to them, is: nobody's face looks like this :)

(salam)

Baradar, whatever we write or do here reflects our real life (atleast on this board if not other chat sites). Its not just for nothing we are showing our smilies or gestures here. Its exactly what we might do when meeting in real.

The thing you are referring to is mere looks of the smiley face and not the actual action

(wasalam)

It's the Sunnah of Baradar_Jackson.

Assalam alykum, i dont know what fued you have with the members of the site, and im sorry if this sounds a little harsh, i dont have a problem with you. But lets just focus on what you have in common, the papers more white than black

Much ado about nothing.

There's always going to be light talk and jokes in the chatroom amidst serious Islamic discussions; The place would fail, if not. You can't expect people to never digress to questions like "how are you" and "what's happening".

It's like having an 'Off topic forum' in the chatroom. Not much "Islamic" goes on in the off topic forums right?

It is live chat anyway. It is reflective of real life. As simple as that.

Let me correct you.

There's always going to be a tiny bit about Islam in the chatroom amidst all the jokes and vain talk;

Disrespect each other all you want but extend appropriate courtesy to the other gender.

I think you should have said; "Avoid disrespecting each other, just avoid each other."

After all the Prophet s.a.w.w and the Imams a.s didn't tell people keep up with your bad behaviour just not in public or Keep some bad traits but lose others.

Allah s.w.t can still see and hear what we do.

(salam)

Baradar, whatever we write or do here reflects our real life (atleast on this board if not other chat sites). Its not just for nothing we are showing our smilies or gestures here. Its exactly what we might do when meeting in real.

The thing you are referring to is mere looks of the smiley face and not the actual action

(wasalam)

But you're doing qiyas.

Nobody is gonna be attracted to anybody because of a round, yellow smiley face.

And I think even the way in which a smiley face is used is different than a real life smile.

All in all, these are clearly two different things. You are making tall accusations against people based on faulty qiyas logic.

Shoot, Habib e Najjar doesn't even show her face to non-mahrams and she uses smileys on this site and in the chatroom.

Why are we talking about smiley faces? Let's get rid of the deviants and then we can have a nice long debate about smiley faces.

But you're doing qiyas.

Nobody is gonna be attracted to anybody because of a round, yellow smiley face.

And I think even the way in which a smiley face is used is different than a real life smile.

All in all, these are clearly two different things. You are making tall accusations against people based on faulty qiyas logic.

Shoot, Habib e Najjar doesn't even show her face to non-mahrams and she uses smileys on this site and in the chatroom.

Why are we talking about smiley faces? Let's get rid of the deviants and then we can have a nice long debate about smiley faces.

I too think that no "lol" or smiley faces is a bit too much I mean according to Ayatollah Sistani it's fine to talk to people online as long as you know you won't fall into sin. I don't think someone will fall into sin from a smiley face or some "LOL"

:rolleyes:

All i wanna say is.. if you don't like it.. dont go in.. everytime you come in thats all you complain about.. there are islamic topics that go on.. m probably the most disturbing member but there are still topics that go on..

Lastly: That nick doesnt suit you :huh:

I love the banter in the chatroom.

You don't have to discuss Islam all the time - there is nothing wrong with discussing other topics in the world.

It's good to speak to fellow believers, it creates good spirit amongst us.

There are plenty of threads with Islamic discussions anyway.

Some hadiths:

The Prophet (pbuh) said, ‘A believer is fun and playful, and a hypocrite is grim and angry.’[Tuhaf al-`Uqoul, p. 49]

Imam al-Baqir (as) said, ‘Indeed Allah loves those who are playful among people without obscenity.’[al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 663, no. 4]

Imam al-Sadiq (as) said, ‘Every single believer should have playfulness in him.’ [The narrator said] I asked, ‘What is playfulness?’ He replied, ‘Joking.’[al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 664, no. 2]

Imam al-Sadiq (as) asked Yunus al-Shaybani, ‘How much do you jest around with each other?’ I said, ‘Little.’ He said, ‘This is not how it should be, for playing is part of good character, and through that you bring happiness to your brother, and the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) would jest with people wanting to make them happy.’[al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 663, no. 3]

Chill out. If you don't like the chatroom, then don't enter it. Just the same as if you don't like a thread, don't post in it.

Edited by Replicant

You don't have to discuss Islam all the time - there is nothing wrong with discussing other topics in the world.

Some hadiths:

The Prophet (pbuh) said, ?A believer is fun and playful, and a hypocrite is grim and angry.?[Tuhaf al-`Uqoul, p. 49]

Imam al-Baqir (as) said, ?Indeed Allah loves those who are playful among people without obscenity.?[al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 663, no. 4]

Imam al-Sadiq (as) said, ?Every single believer should have playfulness in him.? [The narrator said] I asked, ?What is playfulness?? He replied, ?Joking.?[al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 664, no. 2]

Imam al-Sadiq (as) asked Yunus al-Shaybani, ?How much do you jest around with each other?? I said, ?Little.? He said, ?This is not how it should be, for playing is part of good character, and through that you bring happiness to your brother, and the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) would jest with people wanting to make them happy.?[al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 663, no. 3]

Chill out. If you don't like the chatroom, then don't enter it. Just the same as if you don't like a thread, don't post in it.

Nice answer

110% agree

2) Are you obliged to enter the chat room or is it an option which you yourself exercise?

3) Were you on the chatroom "all day," to know that joking was being done "all day?" A few people have now told you that serious discussions DO take place and yet you keep ignoring this point. In fact, just a few days ago I had a great, long discussion with a colorful gent named "Bonafide Hustler," where I argued that democracy -- whether its Western liberal democracy or the anarchist democracy which he advocated -- is krap, and why we need WF.

For the above reasons and more, you need to get over yourself. It's the internet. If you're SO serious about enlightening yourself that you're gonna be a buzzkill for everyone else, go to Qom. One of the blessings that we Shia have is that we have these holy cities; these centers of knowledge.

You are right. I am wrong. Sorry :)

Not to be a hypocrite but today I met some more people in the Chatroom and it was actually quite fun whilst talking about not islamic topics.

As long as it's Halaal and we remember Allah s.w.t whilst doing what we do and it pleases Allah s.w.t then it's fine I guess :)

Edit - But it would still be better if there were more islamic talks going on. And for your information yes I have been there for a day and not seen any islamic talks that day or hardly any. Then again depends on your definition of "a day" :)

Some hadiths:

The Prophet (pbuh) said, ‘A believer is fun and playful, and a hypocrite is grim and angry.’[Tuhaf al-`Uqoul, p. 49]

Imam al-Baqir (as) said, ‘Indeed Allah loves those who are playful among people without obscenity.’[al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 663, no. 4]

Imam al-Sadiq (as) said, ‘Every single believer should have playfulness in him.’ [The narrator said] I asked, ‘What is playfulness?’ He replied, ‘Joking.’[al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 664, no. 2]

Imam al-Sadiq (as) asked Yunus al-Shaybani, ‘How much do you jest around with each other?’ I said, ‘Little.’ He said, ‘This is not how it should be, for playing is part of good character, and through that you bring happiness to your brother, and the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) would jest with people wanting to make them happy.’[al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 663, no. 3]

Looks like you're a day too late with your post :)

:rolleyes:

All i wanna say is.. if you don't like it.. dont go in.. everytime you come in thats all you complain about.. there are islamic topics that go on.. m probably the most disturbing member but there are still topics that go on..

Lastly: That nick doesnt suit you :huh:

Liar. I wasn't in there complaining about no Islamic talk all the time I was in there. In fact you weren't even in the chatroom for most of the time I have spent in there.

About Islamic topics going on, I know that there aren't alot going on most of the time so don't try to make out like there is.

Edited by WhySoSerious?

^^

well khojas are khojas , ftw. ;) :D

p.s. i see simulataneous topics going in in the chatroom i.e. the blanters and the islamic ones too, so just pick the right people to chat with and the right discussions to participate in

also, its good to talk about normal stuff under presumed anonymous identities, helps yu get rid of alot of negativity. shia chat helps me alot when im depressed, so im all for unislamic talks as well, always :D

Edited by lost89

If the chatroom has taught me anything, its that many of the people who frequent it are obsessed with khoja's. But ive seen more Islamic topics discussed than not.

You haven't been in there as long as me then :lol:

If the chatroom has taught me anything, its that many of the people who frequent it are obsessed with khoja's. But ive seen more Islamic topics discussed than not.

Ay, the cleanest race after Iranians, and the most generous in wealth...