Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Controversially Yours | Shoaib Akhtar

Rate this topic

_JuGNii

• Advanced Member

So am sure all cricket lovers would know about the New book by Shoaib Akhtar.. revealing his opinions and THE REST..!

here are some things from his book.. do post! ;)

shoaibakhter2.jpg

Shoaib Akhtar#

"I think players like Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid weren't exactly match winners to start with, nor did they know the art of finishing the game," Shoaib said.

In his autobiography, Akhtar has also alleged that he was cheated by Shah Rukh Khan and former IPL Chairman Lalit Modi.

He states, "Shahrukh and I talked about my not being happy with the money settled on me. Shahrukh and Modi got me to agree. I should have never listened to Modi and Shahrukh."

Akhtar, who retired from cricket following the 2011 World Cup, has also shockingly revealed that he tampered with the ball claiming, "everyone tampers with the ball. I did so too. Tampering should be legalised."

'Controversially Yours' shies away from little in Akhtar's life. It maps his journey from an economically deprived, yet happy childhood, into an adolescence driven by his quest to break into Pakistani cricket. Born flat-footed, suffering whooping cough, Akhtar describes the blood, sweat and tears that took him to breaking the 100 mph barrier, playing as Pakistan's 'Rawalpindi Express'.

Comfort stayed elusive. Akhtar describes the severe class discrimination marring Pakistani cricket, the arrogance of the Pakistan Cricket Board ( PCB), his humiliation and his failures - including ball-tampering and even attacking teammates with a bat.

Alongside, he takes on Pakistani and international players, coaches, selectors and the media. Taking a dig at Shoaib Malik, Akhtar has stated in his book that the Pakistani all-rounder was PCB's stooge. "Shoaib Malik doesn't deserve to be captain and was made captain because he was a stooge of the PCB Chief Naseem Ashraf," states Akhtar.

Not just this, the former Pakistani pacer also goes on to claim that legendary Pakistani pacer Wasim Akram attempted to finish his career. He states, "Wasim Akram threatened to walk out with half the team if I was included in the team. General Tauqir Zia backed Shoaib against Wasim."

Akhtar, born Aug 13, 1975, in Rawalpindi, is a right hand fast bowler, who has been in the eye of several controversies during his career and has often been accused of being a “poor team player”.

In 2005, he was sent home during the Test series in Australia for “unprofessional attitude”.

A year later, he was snared in a drug scandal after testing positive for stimulants. Akhtar was banned in September 2007 for picking up a fight with teammate Mohammed Asif, and in the following year he was banned for five years for criticising the Pakistan Cricket Board.

In October 2008, the Lahore High Court suspended the ban. Akhtar retired from international cricket after the 2011 World Cup. His impressive run began in the 1990s.

He is just oversmart

I saw his interview yesterday

I don't feel that sachin is the god of cricket even if the whole india will put gun on me and forced me to say that sachin is god of cricket then also I won't because he is not that much according to me no doubt he is great but still he is not the best.

The best bats men I have seen in indian country is sunil gawaskar all this said by shoaib akhter

Further he says that media is making a big issue of my book unnecessary.

I don't know what's wrong with media people.

Said by shoaib akhter

The corrupted bowler.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

World's best Bowling Side Vs World's Best Batting side.

Let the Sachin bat do the talk about Shoaib Akhtar book that he wrote against sachin :P (................

My best knock was vs Pak in 2003 World Cup: Tendulkar. Sachin speaks about his career threatening injury and much more to CNN-IBN. Sachin regard this inning as his best in one day internationals. it was a much awaited match against Pakistan, a very good bowling side which include the likes of Wasim Akram, Waqar Younas, Shoaib Akhtar, Abdul Razzak. The master batsman has just completed his twenty(20) years in odisbest cricket innings ever

=================

Pakistan salutes record-setting Sachin Tendulkar

KARACHI: Former cricketing greats and fans in

Pakistan paid tribute Saturday to Indian batting superstar Sachin Tendulkar after he became the first player ever to score 100 international centuries

"It is a great achievement which other players of his era and those who come after him will not even think of achieving," former Pakistan captain

Javed Miandad

said, who featured in Tendulkar's first Test in

Karachi

in 1989.

"When he played against us in 1989 he showed glimpses of what was in store for world cricket and the kind of sincerity he has shown with the game has only made him immortal and prolonged his career to 23 years and he can still go on."

Miandad hailed the father of two, known variously as the "Little Master" or "Bombay Blaster", as a role model for the cricketing world.

"I congratulate Tendulkar on this rare feat and advise the future generation of players, wherever they live and wherever they play, to just follow Tendulkar's focus, dedication and hunger for success."

Another former Pakistan captain

Moin Khan , who played against Tendulkar from 1992-2004, also joined the chorus of praise.

"He has achieved something which will be tough to match. He has been a trend-setter and if players try to emulate him we will get more and more great players, but his records will be tough to erase.

"Tendulkar's speciality is that he is very very professional, he loves the game and lusts for runs. With no controversy in his career he has been a role model to follow for future cricketers," said Moin.

"I would call him the Kohi-noor (a famous diamond) of world cricket," said former leg-spinner

Abdul Qadir

, who played in Tendulkar's first Test series.

"Great players are not those who do great achievements but those who, with their great character on and off the field, become role models. And Tendulkar is a role model."

Fans in the street also acknowledged Tendulkar's feat.

"Tendulkar is also adored in Pakistan and we are happy at his achievement. We are happy that he has not hit his 100th hundred against Pakistan," said Babar Khan, a local resident.

http://timesofindia....ow/12306028.cms

Edited by chak de cricket

• 2 months later...