Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
yazehra786

Umaa 2012

You can go to both if you want to try out the marriage events. UMAA guys are, on average, more educated and less religious. MC guys, are on average, less educated and more religious. There are only a few people at both who are both religious and educated.

You can go to both if you want to try out the marriage events. UMAA guys are, on average, more educated and less religious. MC guys, are on average, less educated and more religious. There are only a few people at both who are both religious and educated.

Salam sister BBKit, have to disagree with you here. I've seen many educated young men and women in both UMAA and Muslim Congress. If you want eiman, more islamic activities, better momineen around and want to get married, go to Muslims Congress. If you want to just get married, go to UMAA but I would not recommend getting too much involved with UMAA, they are run by dubious people with very controversial GOP agendas.

BBK, what's with ur obsession with educated men? n who do you consider educated? Quantify plz... 16 yrs of schooling? 20 yrs of schooling? MS degree? Phd?

N y don't u import a nerd from India or maybe China?

One of my female Shia friends told me Lebanese and Pakistani Shia nerds are cuter than Indians. My two cents.

You do not want our Shia sisters getting married to nerds from china. We still need big beautiful eyed Shia ladies running around in our next generation of Shias here ;)

Yeah, you should go to both of em actually. I've never been to UMAA, but I think I will go this time. Muslim Congress was okay, they covered some important topics at the conference, there were some good discussion forums, you get the opportunity to network with professionals, and if your looking for a spouse.... that's the place to be.

I was planning on going to UMMA a few years ago. Then I heard they invited Paul Wolfowitz to speak. I changed my plans. I have been to Muslim Congress the past few years and I enjoyed it and learned alot. I would go just for lectures of Sheik Hamza Sodoghar. Also most of the brothers I know who go to MC have Masters Degree or above.

One of my female Shia friends told me Lebanese and Pakistani Shia nerds are cuter than Indians. My two cents.

You do not want our Shia sisters getting married to nerds from china. We still need big beautiful eyed Shia ladies running around in our next generation of Shias here ;)

LOL!! :lol:

Well then the shia men of this generation, whether they be cute Lebanese or Pakistani, need to get their bottoms in gear and start marrying the single shia girls!!

Oh, and btw, yes, Pakistani men are indeed 'cuter' than Indian men. :yaali:

Edited by lalala12

Single Shia girls for some reason do not make themselves available... Need two to tango.

What do you want us to do? Tattoo on our foreheads 'I'm a single shia and i'm looking for a bloke'??

Perhaps we should run on our roofs with megaphones advertising ourselves?

:wacko:

Single Shia girls for some reason do not make themselves available... Need two to tango.

They're all hiding in a huge tent somewhere in Arkansas. If I find the tent ill let you know where it is though I doubt ill find it since I don't get to Arkansas that often.

While UMAA has received some criticism in the past, it has been improving every year for the past couple years. Our family always enjoys going, especially since they have made improvements.

I haven't been to the Muslim Congress convention, but I'd like to go sometime. It certainly sounded fun this year, but I was in the middle of moving, so I couldn't make it.

...and then they'll have those who are 'religious' and 'educated' lol but I won't go into that, for now.

--------

Check this out: http://oppression.org/site/index.php/world/americas/148-the-secret-war-the-zionist-spy-and-the-formation-of-the-shia-con

and you're still going huh? :shifty:

I'm going for the networking opportunities. I don't exactly follow the Muslim Congress punchline, either, but I plan to go to Dearborn this year for the event.

are there formal networking sessions or more like just mingle and make friends? haha

UMAA Typically has one "Young Professionals Networking Dinner" type of event (this is not related to any of the matrimonial programs).

There is a good amount of time to just mingle and make friends before/during/after the regular events.

^ I was wondering the same.

I heard they had some interesting Muslims Congress leaning people attended in the panel this year. Also there was Sean Stone and Booth in some of the panel as well.

But overall, what was the agenda -> Outcome, other than bunch of feel good speeches (nothing wrong with this)? Was there some take aways and review for past year/planning for next year for political or communal improvement of Shia life in USA?

Edited by Waiting for HIM