Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ya Baqiyatullah (aj)

Mizanul Hikmah - Copying Arabic

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

I want to copy the Arabic from the Mizanul Hikmah book, but all I get is

<y K 1^ml :6

:^7o> `N G -7 ‡ 5 DR0 ?„ c=…> 1^s" ?€‘=

5 E„ &

¢ :( )

g?3

If I try to copy from this pdf:

http://www.scribd.co.../Mizanul-Hikmah

Or

ÇáÅãÇã ÇáÑÖÇ (Úáóíå ÇáøÓáÇã): ãä áã íÞÏÑ Úáì ãÇ íßóÝöøÑ Èå ÐõäæÈå ÝóáúíßËÑ ãä ÇáÕáÇÉ Úáì ãÍãÏ æÂáå ÝÅäåÇ ÊåÏã ÇáÐõøäæÈ åÏãÇð.

from this pdf:

http://www.yusufezeh...es/Book/124.pdf

Any help would be appreciated, I have the font Traditional Arabic installed and this is embedded in both pdfs. I wondered if people had a similar problem in copying Arabic?

(wasalam)

The problem may be with your settings on sC. Try changing your settings on SC to Rich Text Format?

edit: and thanks for the mizanul hikmah link! I had started reading it (hard copy) a couple of months ago, but had to stop when the owner wanted the book back. JazakAllah khayr. ^_^

(salam)

It isnt the problem on SC, whenever I paste in anywhere it comes with this.

I googled the problem and people got away by scanning it as an image and doing an OCR read, but there arent many OCR readers that read Arabic, plus its annoying to OCR the 1000 page book.

Does anyone know where I can find the arabic for these that is copiable, I found the Arabic Mizanul Hikmah on websites but obviously the english one is different and more compact as it it is an English alphabetical order

(bismillah)

(salam)

i also have this problem copying from Arabic on .pdfs and would also like some help on this.

i have a .pdf of al-Kafi in Arabic/English and i get the same issue when i would want to copy some good quotes and put them on Facebook on in a sig or w/e.

(salam)

PDF's recognize the Arabic as symbols, I don't think you can copy and paste from there (as far as I know).

But speaking of Mizan al-Hikmah, you can buy a condensed version (all repeated hadiths taken out) for pretty cheap on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Scale-Wisdom-English-Arabic-Rayshahri/dp/1904063349/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316561078&sr=8-1

The translation is really good, I definitely recommend it.

Ws