Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Rasul

Jesus 100% Man And 100% God?

Rate this topic

Your name calling adds much to the conversation and adds to your reputation. Would you please call me a name too?

I think you are being very unfair. Imagine, father and son being on the same forum.

Your name calling adds much to the conversation and adds to your reputation. Would you please call me a name too?

I was being serious. Just look at the pattern in his posts and maybe you'll notice something a little fishy :)

Oh wait, you thought I meant a literal troll. *facepalm* I was referring to the classical 'internet troll' that prolongs self-defeating arguments which provoke anger and/or confusion to the addressee, solely for the purpose of entertaining himself and without a genuine desire for dialogue or anything of the like.

I was being serious. Just look at the pattern in his posts and maybe you'll notice something a little fishy :)

Oh wait, you thought I meant a literal troll. *facepalm* I was referring to the classical 'internet troll' that prolongs self-defeating arguments which provoke anger and/or confusion to the addressee, solely for the purpose of entertaining himself and without a genuine desire for dialogue or anything of the like.

My bad, please accept my apology.

I think you are being very unfair. Imagine, father and son being on the same forum.

What difference would that make?

What difference would that make?

I don't know how old you are, and if you have any children who are over 20 years of age.

How many fathers and sons, have you seen frequent together, and especially on forum, and then being Christians on Muslims' forum.

Father and son tag team. When things get hot the son comes around and clowns to cool things down. Then the father come along to preach.

Edited by aladdin

Yes i think we have strayed from the original topic MUCHY MUCH.

Back on topic. Errrm, Jesus ate bread which had starch which his amylase enzymes from his salivary gland broke down via hydrolysis into the disaccharide maltose, which is later digested into glucose in the duodenum; this allows the formation of glucose which is required for aerobic respiration for his muscles to contract and many other processes in the body. The above facts speak for themselves: he was human inside and out.

Edit: It's cool satyaban ^_^

Edited by La'nat Ma Man

Strayed from the original topic much?

Un poco.

I don't know how old you are, and if you have any children who are over 20 years of age.

How many fathers and sons, have you seen frequent together, and especially on forum, and then being Christians on Muslims' forum.

Father and son tag team. When things get hot the son comes around and clowns to cool things down. Then the father come along to preach.

None and I do not see its relevence here.

None and I do not see its relevence here.

You are the one who asked the question. So if it wasn't relevant then why ask the question.

BTW, is it your real picture?

You are the one who asked the question. So if it wasn't relevant then why ask the question.

BTW, is it your real picture?

That is me, I took it with my cell phone while sitting in my pick-up truck.

Around five tears old. There are not many pictures of me around because I don't like them.

This will make you around 50+ years old?

Sarcasm and pick-up trucks,

"We are rednecks ...." lol

This is far off topic.

This thread is long dead. Do you want Placid to come and preach some more!

Actually the Father is looking for similarities in the two religions, and the son comes around to put you in your place.

Your posts are often mistranslated as truth.

Actually the Father is looking for similarities in the two religions, and the son comes around to put you in your place.

Your posts are often mistranslated as truth.

Instead of playing thousand questions why not go to my profile, unlike many others I have nothing to hide. How about you what do you hide? Oh, I checked and saw you chose not to reveal your age, birthday, and location. Are you ashamed of where you live, what's the deal?

Edited by satyaban

Instead of playing thousand questions why not go to my profile, unlike many others I have nothing to hide. How about you what do you hide? Oh, I checked and saw you chose not to reveal your age, birthday, and location. Are you ashamed of where you live, what's the deal?

What thousand questions? Actually my location is there and closer to accurate than yours. Does it not come up for you? Alberta, Canada narrows it down a bit while USA is rather large. I could tell you the city is Calgary if that helps. If you were coming this way I'd even give you my address. I haven't checked your profile for info because it's doesn't matter a lot, or does it? Seeing I won't be around tomorrow I should take this opportunity to say Happy Birthday.

What thousand questions? Actually my location is there and closer to accurate than yours. Does it not come up for you? Alberta, Canada narrows it down a bit while USA is rather large. I could tell you the city is Calgary if that helps. If you were coming this way I'd even give you my address. I haven't checked your profile for info because it's doesn't matter a lot, or does it? Seeing I won't be around tomorrow I should take this opportunity to say Happy Birthday.

I'm sorry I meant that response for Aladdin. I used to mention Baltimore in my location but changed it for no good reason I can recall. Thank you very much for the birthday wish.

This will make you around 50+ years old?

Sarcasm and pick-up trucks,

"We are rednecks ...." lol

This thread is long dead. Do you want Placid to come and preach some more!

I was given the small Nissan by my son but even though I don't like them I have owned three because the deals were so good I couldn't turn them down.

Edited by satyaban

I'm sorry I meant that response for Aladdin. I used to mention Baltimore in my location but changed it for no good reason I can recall.

You people are all obsessed by aladdin. Remember, I own the lazy Ginni who only gives one wish. Baltimore, that is no redneck country. It seems like lately the whole USA is becoming rednecks. lol

I was given the small Nissan by my son but even though I don't like them I have owned three because the deals were so good I couldn't turn them down.

Nissan are the best. Just bought an Altima for the daughter for her high school graduation. A beautiful black Altima.

63 years old. You are ancient. No wonder you are suffering from amnesia like me, and therefore responding to the wrong person. lol

You people are all obsessed by aladdin. Remember, I own the lazy Ginni who only gives one wish. Baltimore, that is no redneck country. It seems like lately the whole USA is becoming rednecks. lol

Nissan are the best. Just bought an Altima for the daughter for her high school graduation. A beautiful black Altima.

63 years old. You are ancient. No wonder you are suffering from amnesia like me, and therefore responding to the wrong person. lol

Typical Aladdin answer.

I think that would be more like annoyed than obsessed.

Two things I never see. Aladdin giving a straightforward answer, and his Muslim brothers backing him up.

^^^^ son don't be obsessed so much with your father. Get out of Father and Son business and worship Allah.

This discussion is above my head, but I have to say I have been enjoying the posts by brother aladdin, as well as the ones by brother Abu Dujana and brother Ahlul-Bayt.

Hi Hasanyn,

(Still responding to your 'Objections.')

• Jesus ascended to Heaven

Objection (5): Elijah also rose to heaven in a fiery chariot (2 Kings 2:11); surely this is a spectacular feat. Why is he not considered divine?

Response: --- Jesus was not the first to ascend to Heaven. Enoch was perhaps the first. --- But then God is God, He can do as He decides.

However, Elijah was a special Prophet, who was ‘caught up,’ but the following prophecy indicated that ‘He would come again.’

Malachi 4:

4 “ Remember the Law of Moses, My servant,

Which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel,

With the statutes and judgments.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet

Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.

6 And he will turn

The hearts of the fathers to the children,

And the hearts of the children to their fathers,

Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.”

Luke 1 says this about John the Baptist:

13 But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your prayer is heard; and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John.

14 And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth.

15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.

16 And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God.

17 He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, ‘to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children’ and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

So John the Baptist came in the ‘spirit and power of Elijah’ to bring a revival and ‘turn the hearts of the fathers to their children,’ (restore family relationships), and prepare the people for the coming of their Messiah.

Notice, it says, “He (John) will go before Him (Jesus) in the spirit and power of Elijah.”

Matthew 17 confirms the fulfillment of the prophecy:

10 And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?”

11 Jesus answered and said to them, “Indeed, Elijah is coming first and will restore all things.

12 But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him but did to him whatever they wished. Likewise the Son of Man is also about to suffer at their hands.”

13 Then the disciples understood that He spoke to them of John the Baptist.

Placid

Edited by placid

Hi Hasanayn,

(Sorry, I misspelled your name above.)

Jesus was prophesied in the Old Testament

Objection (6): His being prophesized does not necessitate his being God. The word “messiah” is a Hebrew word which means “God’s anointed”. The Jews thought of their kings as “messiahs” in the sense that God had figuratively anointed them. The whole concept of Messiah was Jewish, applied to a national deliverer whom they presumed that, with divine assistance, would save them from the oppression by the Gentiles. It did not bring with it the concept of Divinity.

Response: --- You are right, that Messiah means “God’s anointed,” which is what Jesus was. --- Jesus was the Messenger that God sent to be the Messiah. He is called the Messiah some 8 times in the Quran. --- Jesus was the ‘deliverer’ who exposed Satan’s deceptions and brought the people back to Faith in God.

Quote: Even so, there is much contention over this idea. According to the prophecy, the messiah must be an actual physical descendant of David according to the flesh (Romans 1:3, Psalms 132:11, Acts 2:30, 2 Timothy 2:8, 2 Samuel 7:12-13). The physical chain back to David from Joseph in both genealogies (Matthew 1 and Luke 3 [side note: they are contradictory]) was broken because Joseph was not Jesus’ physical father. Therefore, Jesus could not claim messiahship. The virgin birth does not allow the physical connection between Jesus and David.

Response: --- Because the children were always descendants of the father, Jesus was registered as the son of Joseph. Matthew wrote his Gospel to the Jews, and gave the genealogy of Joseph from David through David’s son Solomon in Matthew 1.

--- However, Luke wrote his Gospel for the Greeks, and, therefore, the Gentiles.

In Luke 3, if you notice, it says this:

23 Now Jesus Himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph,

--- And in verse 31 of the genealogy, it says, “the son of Nathan, the son of David,”

So Joseph was a descendant of David through his son Solomon, which satisfied the Jewish law,

--- And Mary was a descendant of David through his son Nathan, which fulfilled the prophecy.

Indeed, you might be right. Why do you believe they are father and son, perhaps they are like minded as many fathers and sons are not?

Indeed, you might be right. Why do you believe they are father and son, perhaps they are like minded as many fathers and sons are not?

I have been informed by them in the past that they are real father and son.

I have been informed by them in the past that they are real father and son.

Maybe it is one person suffering from dissociative identity disorder or disambiguation :P :P

Edited by ImAli

Lol. You mean multiple personality disorder.

Yes, but I was trying to give the impression that I am more intelligent than everyone else in the world else because that is the popular thing to do on ShiaChat LMAO.

Edited by ImAli

Yes, but I was trying to give the impression that I am more intelligent than everyone else in the world else because that is the popular thing to do on ShiaChat LMAO.

Who says your are not.

Typical Aladdin answer.

I think that would be more like annoyed than obsessed.

Two things I never see. Aladdin giving a straightforward answer, and his Muslim brothers backing him up.

I have some doubts about Aladdin being quite like "his Muslim brothers."

Who says your are not.

I am not that arrogant to believe this about myself :P .

Yes....I have noticed a conflict of interest between Aladdin and a few of the other guys on this forum.

Don't think me unkind

Words are hard to find

The only cheques I've left unsigned

>From the banks of chaos in my mind

And when their eloquence escapes me

Their logic ties me up and rapes me

De do do do, de da da da

Is all I want to say to you

De do do do, de da da da

Their innocence will pull me through

De do do do, de da da da

Is all I want to say to you

De do do do, de da da da

They're meaningless and all that's true

According to Christian belief Jesus is 100% man and 100% God but acording to Bible

"God is not a Man" (NIV Bible, Numbers 23:19)

So if God is not a man; Then how can Jesus be 100% man and 100% God?

im just a bit confused as to the quote you posted...

whats the reference supposed to be? it doesnt seem like a normal bible reference