Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How To Deal With A Bad Muslim?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam) I just recently got into my freshman year at highschool :P and Ive been hanging out with my friends and really having a good time! I always pray 5 times, fast, etc and ALWAYS have Allah on my mind even saying bismillah when i enter a room or sit in a chair, but recently in my team sports ive met this guy named Muhmmad, and hes from Iraq, Shia i guess? didnt ask but point being is he hates everybody thats non muslim yet the stuff he does isnt even islamic, he told me i need to hang around the iraqis more often, now that i even think about it he didnt say "muslims" but iraqi's and he even invited me to hang out with his friends who are from iraq but drink beer and eat haram meat, and every single day he keeps insisting i do these haram acts and hang with people like him! and especially asking me which lunch i got my classes, (i guess hes trying to get closer to me) its really just driving me crazy to the point where i wanna just punch him in the face -.-. Any suggestions brothers and sisters? I feel like this guy is more like a shaitan then a muslim

• Advanced Member

(salam) I just recently got into my freshman year at highschool :P and Ive been hanging out with my friends and really having a good time! I always pray 5 times, fast, etc and ALWAYS have Allah on my mind even saying bismillah when i enter a room or sit in a chair, but recently in my team sports ive met this guy named Muhmmad, and hes from Iraq, Shia i guess? didnt ask but point being is he hates everybody thats non muslim yet the stuff he does isnt even islamic, he told me i need to hang around the iraqis more often, now that i even think about it he didnt say "muslims" but iraqi's and he even invited me to hang out with his friends who are from iraq but drink beer and eat haram meat, and every single day he keeps insisting i do these haram acts and hang with people like him! and especially asking me which lunch i got my classes, (i guess hes trying to get closer to me) its really just driving me crazy to the point where i wanna just punch him in the face -.-. Any suggestions brothers and sisters? I feel like this guy is more like a shaitan then a muslim

(wasalam)

Stand firm and stick to your principles. If he invites you to something haraam, simply say no and state your reason if you have to.

After you rebuff him many times, he will get the jist and stop.

My less-religious-Muslim friends and Non-Muslim friends always used to invite me to nightclubs and birthday parties with alcohol and stuff, but I always said no.

Now, they have got the point so they always make sure whenever they plan to go out, I'll be happy.

When we go to a restaurant to eat, they always make sure it's halal and never drink alcohol in my presence.

They even always make sure I pray on time. They do all this without me even asking, because they now know.

So the point is - stick to your principles and people will start respecting you. As your mate is a Muslim, he might start becoming religious by seeing your attitude.

• Veteran Member

It sounds like you dont want to be hanging around with him. I would advise being polite, but perhaps more terse with your answers to him and make other arrangements for lunch etc, eventually he'll get the message. =)

• Advanced Member

Don't dance around a firm reply. Be straight forward and don't fall for any peer pressure. I've been there. Being a freshman around non-Muslims is tough on it's own, but being a Shia Muslim is such a unique gift and if you pass these tests now, you'll have such a great sense of pride when you reflect on it in the future.

(salam)

Best stay away from these people. And in case you hang out with them anyway; live by example and thank Allah that you are better than them. Better to be alone than people who are hypocrites and bad life-style. People who are better than us have an iman promoting effect, while bad people can pull us down la qaddar Allah .. Unless we are strong enough to resist temptation .. Which will be annoying for you and them, but you will come out with stronger iman insha Allah. Kind of a health pride in Allah for having dealt with challenges successfully. Good for our judgment-day C.V. :)

Also keep in mind that these people will not give up until they see you living like them. Because you make them feel inferior, they might even push you down as a punishment for you making them look bad. Seek refuge in Allah and always ask Him for help and protection and guidance. He will never let down those who call upon Him. Subhan Allah

(salam)

(salam)

• Advanced Member

ASSALAM OE ALAKUM!

I see it as a requirment to get on my computer make dua for all the people that answered! seriously guys all im doing is reading your answers! there magnificent! great job inshallah Allah blesses you with jannah! thank you guys :D

• Basic Members

I went to a high school in Toronto with a very low Muslim population and of those few, many of them were not practicing Muslims. They would call themselves Muslim but regularly engage in activities such as drinking and eating haram food (and far worse), and try to convince others that it was okay. The most important advice I can give you is one that was given to me at this age... it is better to be friends with decent non-Muslims who understand and accept you than those who calls themselves Muslims but encourage acts you know are not appropriate. Some of my best friends now are those I met early on in high school and although they are not Muslims themselves, they understand me and always take my needs into account when we go out. You seem to be on the right track and I commend you for that, and as long as you stay firm in your beliefs you will be just fine =)