Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
MuslimyMuslim

Help With American Patriot

Rate this topic

Assalam alykum, today im very saddend, my best friend and my closest neighbor has accused me of being a terrorist and a support of Osama bin laden. Why? i wonder too, all i said was what i thought to be the truth. That our government did 9/11. He brought this up by saying that thinking the war on terror is bad is in his words "evil". I defended that it was not evil, stopping the war on terror will save middle eastern and american lives, i also brought up 9/11=inside job. His arguement? get this...the Modern warfare series, as i predicted my a month or so. i told him kindly that this is propaganda .So i gave him that information, and he told me that i support osama, i dont, . Then he said that his dad will not let play with him again if i think this. This is my life though, im not moderating my views unless there logical. Im more of a patriot than any american i know, in reality the real patriots arnt those who do what ever the government wants, but the people who peacefully oppose it and try to change it. But the thing that hurts me the most, not that he said i was anti-american, or a terrorist, but the following conversation we had before we left

Me: "i curse who ever did 9/11"

Friend: "then curse the Muslims".

I will avoid talking about this as long as my friend stops putting down the people who fight for there live in palestine and afganastan, my views are shunned and im proud because i dont fit in with the norm.

Dont worry no matter who wants me to curse my brothers i wont. But if my friend is the kind of american that middle easterners see, i would feel bad for the people cursing him. I will make dua for him, and i request any reading this to please make dua for my friend, and please anyone have advise?

Weeelll, I don't agree that it is particularly likely that 9/11 was done by the US government, so I can't help you there. I don't know anything about the Modern Warfare series as I don't read it. It also depends on your friend and his views, which I don't know.

He does seem to be attributing views to you that you don't hold though, so I would probably point out to him (or his father, depending on circumstances) that you actually said nothing about being a terrorist or supporting Usama or 9/11 or anything else like that. I'd also avoid opposing the 'War on Terror' which to most Americans means the campaign to prevent something like 9/11 from happening again. I would suggest that you phrase it by saying you oppose the war in Afghanistan or whatever Israel is doing as that has less of a sinister overtone to most Americans. Better still, don't oppose anything, rather suggest what you think would lead to peace with both sides. You don't have to change your beliefs an iota, but how you present them can lead to a real difference in how people react.

I think (or hope) he meant "curse the Muslims who did this" rather than "curse all Muslims in general" if that helps.

Anyway, that's all I can think of at the moment. I'll turn it over in my mind (I always think about things) and mention it if something else crops up.

Why do you believe it was done by the US govt?

His reaction is expected if you harbor insane ideas like 9/11 was an inside job.

Being against foreign policy is one thing, resorting to conspiracy theories is another.

Doesn't change the fact that Muslims did do 9/11. The guys are understandably angry, but they are ill-informent. Im also angry at terrorist bombings in Pakistan

Why do just stop at "Muslims did 9/11"? Tell the entire truth. America helped to set up various groups to fight the soviets in Afghanistan. Among one of them was a man called Osama Bin Laden. The CIA supplied weapons and most importantly, training to the mujahideen (not all of whom are Al Qaeda). At one point Al Qaeda went global, and then turned against America in 1990. Then it did 9/11. Its not like we Muslims created Al Qaeda or anything. I don't see by what logic you blame Muslims. Three countries are responsible for 9/11. America, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

Why do just stop at "Muslims did 9/11"? Tell the entire truth. America helped to set up various groups to fight the soviets in Afghanistan. Among one of them was a man called Osama Bin Laden. The CIA supplied weapons and most importantly, training to the mujahideen (not all of whom are Al Qaeda). At one point Al Qaeda went global, and then turned against America in 1990. Then it did 9/11. Its not like we Muslims created Al Qaeda or anything. I don't see by what logic you blame Muslims. Three countries are responsible for 9/11. America, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

Titimu, this is a pretty good, nuanced argument unlike those of most of the Qud & anti-Revolutionary Guard stooges are always making on Shiachat. It doesn't change that 9/11 was planned and carried out by Muslims, but it does tell a more complete story. The US made some big mistakes in who it supported in the past. It had the simple belief that "my enemies' enemies are my friends." Didn't work out well for the US (and won't work out well for those nations trying that today).

Muslimy Muslim, Akritas' advice sounds solid. Your friend (or ex-friend?) has a belief held by many Westerners. I don't know your/his age, but it's certainly common for many adults. They don't understand why Arabian Muslims and others were dancing in the streets celebrating when 9/11 happened. Of course, not all were, but enough. It becomes very difficult to have a nuanced view of "this Muslim" vs. "that Muslim" when one Muslim group (Saudi Arabian Wahabbi swine) plans to murder thousands of innocent people on US soil and other Muslim groups (e.g., in Palestine) dance when they learn about this. I realize that you seem to think that this was an inside job by the US Government and I think that you happen to be mis-informed on that issue. It baffles me how someone that is in the US and has the internet to get access to real information can believe that the US government is behind 9/11. It was a bunch of hateful Muslims that mis-interpreted the Koran due to a lack of wisdom in themselves and their religious leaders. They were probably mentally sick but thank Allah most of those Leaders met a violent death at the hands of US and other military. They are now rotting in hell wishing they had had more sense when they were alive than to follow such a sick view of Islam.

You are right that the true patriot is not the one that does whatever the government tells him, but thinks for themselves about what is right and when required peacefully tries to change this. Examples from the Mid-East (e.g., Iran a couple of years ago, Egypt, Syria) abound. Going back a bit further in history you would find that the Civil Rights movement in the US or the Indian Independece movement were also led by true patriots. I'm sure you'll find a way to remain true to your patriotic ideals, be better informed and find/keep suitable friends!

Good luck

No one mind controlled Osama and his hijackers into killing the 1000+ people, Muslim included, in the WTC. They killed them out of their own wickedness, just like how the Wahabis kill people each day in Pakistan. Making excuses is of no use. If these people were once on the American payroll it was out of their own free will and ambitions, if they turned against America it was out of their own free will. If they murdered before and continue to murder it is of their own accord. They are Muslims and they claim to be the champions of Islam, like it or not.

Edited by JimJam

Amerikkka did "9/11" it was false flag inside job and Tim Osman (aka "Osama bin Laden") was always a CIA agent who died of kidney failure in a US hospital in late 2001. Putting this aside Amerikkka which is itself a fake entity "built" (by oppressed African slaves, see the Trans Atlantic slave trade done by White European Christians and white Ashkenazi Khazar "Jews" like Aaron Lopez: http://www.blacksand...om/Welcome.html) on stolen indigenous Mongoloid land, is the most evil murderous entity in the history of humanity. White European racist scum "Americans" aka Amerikkkans (note ill-gotten "America" is named after an evil 15th century CE white European devil colonialist from Italy named Amerigo Vespucci) killed over 100 million Native Americans and over 150 million Africans in the Christian/Jewish run Trans Atlantic slave trade (in which the first slave ship run by white European Englishman "Sir" John Hawkins was called "The Goodship Jesus" aka the "Jesus of Lubbeck" http://en.wikipedia....ir_John_Hawkins). Never feel like you have to apologize for anything before the complete evil that is imperialist demonic White Amerikkkan filth/white Amerikkkan devils.

0195085574.jpg

US%20Military%20and%20CIA%20Interventions%20Since%20WWII%20map.PNG

Also on top of being the original humans, black African Grimaldis are the original, indigenous black Africans who settled "Europe" in 45,000 BCE. http://www.blackherb...ed_europe_4.htm

Only people in Amerikkka I have respect for are heroes like Ward Churchill, Russell Means, Leonard Peltier, Malik Zulu Shabazz, and the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan.

louis-farrakhan.jpg

Edited by Basra

You know a professor/fellow friend once told me, "Two reasons I lost a lot of friends were because of my constant conversations about politics and religion". In other words what I'm saying is, when communicating or speaking with none-Muslims in general, you should refrain from getting involved in such specific topics because you can end up losing your friends. These are sensitive issues, so I suggest you guys remain vigilant about who you want to discuss such issues with. Salams.