Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
pantherlake2002

Three Caliphs

Rate this topic

In lebanon some people do name omar - well so i've heard. Why don't you start the trend elsewhere? lol! I mean, a name is a name. there are many mohammads and alis and hassans and husseins that are bad people. People just prefer not to I guess? don't over think things too much

Ali, Hassan, and hussein(May Allah be pleased with them) named the first three caliphs after his sons, how comeshias never name their sons Abu bakr, Umar, and Uthman?

• Imam Ali (as) did not name his sons after first three "caliphs"
  • Names; Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman, are famous Arab names
  • There were more famous people with name Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman, than three first "caliphs"

"a name is a name": then why is it impossible to see a shia with name Abu bakr, Umar, or Uthman?

hmm I have never seen Sunni with name Abu Bakr...

Ya Ali(as) Madad, Assalaamualaikum,

As momins, we don't name our kids after the oppressors/murderers of Bibi Fatima(sa).

Why would one want to choose the name of Umar(la), Abu Bakr(la) or Usman(la) over the blessed and pious names of the Masoomeen(as)... or holy Prophets(as)....?

A name has an effect on a person for definite, as stated above by Aly Reza, names do have aasraat over a person's personality type, and when we, as momins, have blessed names to choose from, why would we want to name our children over the tyrants of Islamic history...For example, "hitler" is a name... how many people nowadays do you see naming their kids "hitler"? Same concept for Umar(la), Abu Bakr(la) and Usman(la)....

Maula (as) Waris

:)

Edited by Zahra_Naqvi110

Imam Ali (as) named his sons not after the three, these were common names among Arabs.

Now as far as why Shias do not pick these names, because now these names are associated with the three transgressors who purposefully went against the direct orders of Prophet (pbuh) and Shias do not want to name their kids with these names which remind them of those bad people.

Shias pick the best of names for their kids, such as Muhammad, Ali, Fatima, Hassan, Hussain, Abbas, Ammar, Yasir, Salman, etc.

Ya Ali(as) Madad, Assalaamualaikum,

As momins, we don't name our kids after the oppressors/murderers of Bibi Fatima(sa).

Why would one want to choose the name of Umar(la), Abu Bakr(la) or Usman(la) over the blessed and pious names of the Masoomeen(as)... or holy Prophets(as)....?

A name has an effect on a person for definite, as stated above by Aly Reza, names do have aasraat over a person's personality type, and when we, as momins, have blessed names to choose from, why would we want to name our children over the tyrants of Islamic history...For example, "hitler" is a name... how many people nowadays do you see naming their kids "hitler"? Same concept for Umar(la), Abu Bakr(la) and Usman(la)....

Maula (as) Waris

:)

"Adolf" was d Hitler's name and it is still used; mean to say 3 are worse than "Adolf"

Bismillah

As-salamun 'alaykum,

brother 3rd June of course the three first caliphs are worse than hitler in the view of the shi'ah because he might have been an illintended kafir but they also were that same thing just that they committed their crimes against the Prophet(S) and his precious Ahl al-BaytÚáíå ÇáÓáÇã. However, I somewhat agree with your question to the shi'ites. But the reason why Amir al-Mu'menin(A) named his children what he did is following.

'Uthman was the name of one of the "brothers" of Amir al-Mo'meninÚáíå ÇáÓáÇã, the great companion 'Uthman ibn Madh'un, this was pointed out by the very 'Uthman ibn 'Ali ibn Abi Talib, and peace be upon them all. So the three caliphs creed is eliminated here. Regarding the name of 'Omar ibn 'Ali, 'Omars son was asked why his father was named 'Omar and he answered that Imam 'Ali(A) was confronted by 'Omar who told him to name one of his children after him. 'Omar did these kinds of things to many people and why Imam Ali(A) listened to his request is another question. Either out of fear for 'Omar or out of unwant for a war amongst muslims for which 'Omar was very capable of, he ordered muslims to be killed for anything and everything. Regarding the name of Abu Bakr we haven't had any explanation as far as I know. But with crushing the thought that 'Omar and 'Uthman were named out of love for the three caliphs the theory of three names to honour three first caliphs is crushed. These are according to their own sources, al-dhahabi and ibn kathir etc. Anyone who wants the sources just ask me.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I suppose people perfer not to call their children by these names , when hey could use names of the Prophet's Peace be upon them or the Ahul Bayt (as).

(wasalam)

"Adolf" was d Hitler's name and it is still used; mean to say 3 are worse than "Adolf"

The only reason we name our children ali, hassan, and hussien rather than omar uthman and abu bakr is because its honorable for them, showing the prophet's decendants respect. He the prophet himself said whoever mistreats my decendants mistreats me. He also said that Ali and his decendants should be the rightly caliphs, but the people were against the idea and instead chose the others which is commmonly know is not as wise as Imam ali (swt) since he has inherited Mohammad's (pbuh) knowledge. now about hitler thing its just sick.