Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abu Lulu

Benefit For Punishing Homosexuals

Rate this topic

According to a fatwa of Al-Khoei, it says:

2747. If an adult and sane person commits sodomy with another adult and sane person, both of them should be killed. And the religious Head can kill the person guilty of sodomy with a sword, or burn him alive, or tie his hands and feet and hurl him down from a high place, and under the conditions mentioned in Article 2795 can lapidate him.

Some quote I read: (Just a guy, no scholar)

"So when this punishment is carried out, this probably means that the evildoer has been punished in this earth, so that he wont be punished in the hereafter. Carrying out such punishments are necessary for the evildoer to get cleansed."

It's also said that a punishment serves for scarring off people not to commit the sin, that is punishable. But I dont understand how an evildoer can be cleansed by putting him/her to death. What if he or she never prayed and stuff. Will the punishment also clean away the disobedience towards Allah? (i.e. By putting me to death, I become pure and I can enter the heaven!?)

And finally: If someone really regrets what he/she has done; Is there any way to avoid the punishment and continue life in prayer. Or is the deathpenalty an inevitable fact for this person.

I'm NOT trying to eradicate the deathpenalty, I rather try to understand the benefits for such punishments. Because I know that there is a wisdom behind it, but I cant see it nor find it. So I need your help on this one.

Edited by Al-Muntadhar

(salam)

It says cleansed but it may mean only for that sin which was committed. Also if one commits sodomy with the intention of being caught and then being killed so their sins are forgiven then in reality they are commiting suicide which is haram.

Not sure about whether or not they can repent instead of being killed because then everyone would just fake repenting so they didnt die and that rule would just be there to scare people.

(wasalam)

im guessing it may be to stop them spreading their 'homosexuality' to other people and enticing them? I'm not a believer in capital punishment for the present day though (im allowed to hve my opnion before anyone jumps at this statement) and dont necessairly think gay people hve to be killed nowadays because the problem wont just go away like that and i believe if someone truly repents Allah will forgive him - Allah doesn't need to take a man away from his family and friends on earth so that he could forgive him.

I feel sorry for gay people, they have been given the hardest test ever. Its like someone telling me i can't be straight - i have to be gay. i dont know how i could deal with that?

I feel sorry for gay people, they have been given the hardest test ever. Its like someone telling me i can't be straight - i have to be gay. i dont know how i could deal with that?

(salam)

This is a good point. May Allah help them in their struggles ameen

[Edited] is a mental disease found only in 1 per 300,000 of the population. It is a very rare disease and there is treatment for the mental condition.

Sodomy is almost impossible to happen between 2 [Edited] with this mental disorder, because in a society where it's outlawed and shunned, it's virtually impossible that they would cross paths knowing that the other individual had the same mental disease.

God didn't destroy the city of Sodom because its inhabitants had the mental condition.

It was destroyed because they were straight, yet they practiced sodomy. Same is happening today. Because of the media attention it's given, the 'it's ok to be gay' liberalization across media, it being attributed to being 'hip' and 'modern' and the renewed bombardment of humanism, it has caused normal individuals to rebel against society and be part of the hippie movement though there is actually nothing wrong with them.

Sayyid Abul-Qasim (qas) is spot on.

Edited by inshaAllah
Inappropriate

[edited] is a mental disease found only in 1 per 300,000 of the population. It is a very rare disease and there is treatment for the mental condition.

Sodomy is almost impossible to happen between 2 [Edited] with this mental disorder, because in a society where it's outlawed and shunned, it's virtually impossible that they would cross paths knowing that the other individual had the same mental disease.

God didn't destroy the city of Sodom because its inhabitants had the mental condition.

It was destroyed because they were straight, yet they practiced sodomy. Same is happening today. Because of the media attention it's given, the 'it's ok to be gay' liberalization across media, it being attributed to being 'hip' and 'modern' and the renewed bombardment of humanism, it has caused normal individuals to rebel against society and be part of the hippie movement though there is actually nothing wrong with them.

Sayyid Abul-Qasim (qas) is spot on.

Oh do share this 'cure'. The world's scientists would love to know. Where have you been hiding?

Don't you think it is possible that more people were gay in the past, but the statistics show show lower figures because they were persecuted more back then, which makes it more likely that fewer would be willing to 'come out'?

it *is* true that true homosexuality is caused by a genetic defect which causes the individual to have a testosterone/ oestrogen imbalance and/or male AND female organs.

unfortunately the only cures are HRT or a sex op.

the other cause is diet. certain foods such as soya turn testosterone production into oestrogen production and vice versa, and in poorer areas of europe where sewage water is recycled to make drinking tap water, this causes all kinds of changes.

ya aba is right that this is different to a battyman tryin to be cool.

however i dont think i have the right to kill anyone for anything. their gayness is none of my business

What if your son was a homosexual? Respect and accept him or abandon him? OR: Guide him, even though you might face the possibility that he will stay queer forever?

What are we supposed to do in such a situation?

Send him to Iran or Thailand to get a gender op just as MDM described.

It's just like asking what if your son/daughter had a mental or physical disability. They're rare, but they do happen. And preach to him to be patient, and just pretend that his wife is really a guy. There are many girls that seem more like men than girls, so i'd encourage him to find a she-man as a partner.

It is also possible through psycho-therapy to treat the mind to take the gayness to another level. So if you teach a female mind that it's in a male body to be gay, the female mind (being lesbian) will want a female partner. So it'll appear as though there is a male-female partnership, but no one really knows that the person that looks like a male, actually has a lesbian-female mind, which is why 'he' married a female.

Isn't it the case that a person committing sodomy would only be put to death if he was witnessed by four righteous witnesses, etc, etc, or if he repeatedly confessed voluntarily, just as with adultery? Since this is hardly ever likely to happen, I don't think this is anything to worry about in practice. If a person does actually do this in front of 4 other people then he deserves to be killed for stupidity and shamelessness, if nothing else.

Edited by Haider Husayn

yeh, or maybe just gather them all up, put them in some remote town, call it Sodom, and let God do the rest.

i hope you are being sarcastic.

People in the UK watch this documentary : A Jihad for Love (Islam and homosexuality) :

http://www.channel4....ad-for-love/4od

Edited by Flowers91

Anyway, to answer the question, I think that by setting down such a harsh law that is almost always purely theoretical (due to the 4 witnesses or confessions), it makes people aware of the seriousness of the crime, and prevents homosexuality ever acceptable within Muslim society. As for those that give in to their desires, as long as they keep it private, it is between them and Allah.

People in the UK watch this documentary : A Jihad for Love (Islam and homosexuality) :

There's another one that came on similar to this on Channel4 called something like Gay Muslims (I think it might be on YouTube). That one was pretty pathetic because they were justifying it and saying things like "it's not specifically mentioned in the Quran."

Edited by Replicant

msha77ar. Allahy se3dik.

Another one lost to the Frankfurt School of homopropaganda :(

Send him to Iran or Thailand to get a gender op just as MDM described.

It's just like asking what if your son/daughter had a mental or physical disability. They're rare, but they do happen. And preach to him to be patient, and just pretend that his wife is really a guy. There are many girls that seem more like men than girls, so i'd encourage him to find a she-man as a partner.

It is also possible through psycho-therapy to treat the mind to take the gayness to another level. So if you teach a female mind that it's in a male body to be gay, the female mind (being lesbian) will want a female partner. So it'll appear as though there is a male-female partnership, but no one really knows that the person that looks like a male, actually has a lesbian-female mind, which is why 'he' married a female.

Are you an expert on this? Being born gay or being born in the opposite gender's body are two different things. You need to do more research on this. And by research I mean studying from science and not the Koran, extremist beliefs, or mullah's fatwas.

Some answers really scare the c*ap out of me.

Me too. It brings out the hypocrisy in people.

And thus emerges the adherent supporter of the Frankfurt School of poofterism.

And thus emerges an adherent supporter of the Tehran school of tolerance and extremism.

Are you an expert on this? Being born gay or being born in the opposite gender's body are two different things. You need to do more research on this. And by research I mean studying from science and not the Koran, extremist beliefs, or mullah's fatwas.

http://www.slate.com/id/2194232/ Science proves the rate of existence of the actual fag gene is a lot less than the number of those that confess that they're fags, and that a vast majority of those that confess to be fags don't have the mutated gene. But in came the Men of Corruption using the smoke-screen of Human Rights conjured the Frankfurt School of Sodomy to mislead the masses into committing to lewd and disgusting behavior like that which occurred during the hippie days of the vietnam war and is seeing a resurgence again today.

You of all people should confess by both the Old and New Testament that God destroyed the people of Sodom for their lewdness.

You have such a delicate way with words, indeed, like verbal origami.

not here to win any popularity contests sis lol

If the imams say throw [Edited] off the cliffs, i'm gonna say throw [Edited] off the cliffs ^_^

Edited by inshaAllah
Inappropriate

If the imams say throw [Edited] off the cliffs, i'm gonna say throw [Edited] off the cliffs ^_^

Thats one way to quit smoking i guess.

>.o

the imams didnt say that thoughhh

what would you do if your son was gay ?? throw him off a cliff personally?

the imams didnt say that thoughhh

You sure about that? lol

what would you do if your son was gay ?? throw him off a cliff personally?

Gave the answer in post #14 here

If it was an Islamic state (because only in an Islamic State can the laws be implemented) and the act was caught by four witnesses (the act has to occur, having only thoughts or orientation isn't subject to capital punishment) then probably yes, though that's hypothetical, but i certainly wouldn't stand in the way of the state carrying out the punishment, because even God told Solomon to leave his son to drown because he was corrupt. But doesn't mean i have to attend or carry it out.